• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Melodie said:

Nhk trophy is cursed, truly. Trusova and hawayek|Baker have withdrawn too. 

Also, it seems over 3000 fans have returned their tickets upon learning of YUzu’s withdrawal. 

Nearly 5000 tickets got resold last weekend, and I guess some buyers are heartbroken to have heard this news. I really don't mind GPS this year stops imitating GPS2017 :(

40 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

Nearly 5000 tickets got resold last weekend, and I guess some buyers are heartbroken to have heard this news. I really don't mind GPS this year stops imitating GPS2017 :(

Are you referring to the ticket situation or Yuzu's injury? Because I only knew the latter. 

1 hour ago, Melodie said:

Are you referring to the ticket situation or Yuzu's injury? Because I only knew the latter. 

I was referring to injuries and withdrawals mainly. In 2017, Patrick Chan, Daisuke Murakami, Joshua Farris, Tobias/Tkachenko withdrew from NHK. Yuzu was injured. Dice and Joshua could not come back from injury. Among women, Zhenya skated injured. Two weeks later at Skate America, Kovtun and Samohin withdrew before FS due to injury while Boyang competed injured. I think there were some more who were suffering an injury. The way the entry list gets updated again and again is quite a deja vu.
The ticket situation now also quite resembles that of the pre-GPF period in 2017.

• 2 weeks later...

Cross posting from the General Yuzu Chat:

Japan to bar new foreign arrivals for 1 month over Omicron fears

https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2021/11/e9e964505db6-breaking-news-japan-to-take-further-border-steps-over-omicron-variant-kishida.html

Some media tried to interview JSF about it, but at the moment, it looks like they are waiting for directions from authorities.

https://www.daily.co.jp/general/2021/11/29/0014878279.shtml

In response to the global spread of the Omicron variant of the new Coronavirus, the Japanese government announced that it would ban on new entries for the time being, beginning from November 30. Sports organizations that were going to hold competitions in December were busy gathering information.

A person concerned with Japan Skating Federation that is going to hold Grand Prix Final, an international figure skating competition in Osaka from December 8, confusedly said, "We haven't received any information from Japan Sports Agency. We have made an inquiry and are waiting for their response." 

To Tospo, they said, "At this point, we have nothing decided on a level that we can answer your questions."

https://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/sports/figure-skating/3828662/

*OT, but to clarify: Japanese coming back from the areas where the Omicron variant has been found can come back, though they will be subjected to quarantine requirements.