2 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I pray every night that Olympic season may be a pop-free season. Pops have damaged his GOE+PCS considerably, this season... 

This is probably why I was so happy that of his 5 4Lz attempts today at rehearsal, none was a pop, at least seemingly by reports. Rotate and fall, dammit! Better yet, don't fall. 

1 minute ago, xeyra said:

This is probably why I was so happy that of his 5 4Lz attempts today at rehearsal, none was a pop, at least seemingly by reports. Rotate and fall, dammit! Better yet, don't fall. 

:rofl:Ideally! And then make it a pretty landing too.

3 minutes ago, xeyra said:

4Lz 4Lo 3F // 4Lo3T 4S 3A2T 4T1Lo3S 3A - BV: 113.13

There! I've found my favourite for now. Let this be the holy program that helps Yuzuru break the sound barrier of 350 total points.

3 minutes ago, xeyra said:

I feel like he pops edge jumps 80% the time he pops at all, am I right? Edge jumps are understandably... more prone to pops? So one good thing about his Lz is that we won't have to worry about pops. 

I believe it will happen the same thing that happened with the 4T, at the beginnings: the percentage of success improved considerably over the course of a short amount of time, thanks to Yuzuru chasing the "feeling" of the jump. I am sure that he is chasing the "feeling" of the Lutz right now. 

1 minute ago, Murieleirum said:

I feel like he pops edge jumps 80% the time he pops at all, am I right? Edge jumps are understandably... more prone to pops? So one good thing about his Lz is that we won't have to worry about pops. 

I believe it will happen the same thing that happened with the 4T, at the beginnings: the percentage of success improved considerably over the course of a short amount of time, thanks to Yuzuru chasing the "feeling" of the jump. I am sure that he is chasing the "feeling" of the Lutz right now. 

I think he popped like a ton of the 9 attempts he did at WTT, before he landed that one 4Lz, which is why I'm like 'yay, improvement!'

5 minutes ago, xeyra said:

I think he popped like a ton of the 9 attempts he did at WTT, before he landed that one 4Lz, which is why I'm like 'yay, improvement!'

Woah. It's definitely a big improvement. 

Then maybe he has already found the "feeling" of the Lutz. 

One thing I wondered is: why did he do a quick entrance for the 4Lz at WTT, the same entrance he has for 3Lz? I mean, everyone needs time to learn difficult jumps, can he not be more chill with himself? Leave easier, longer entrances for the new jumps? :smiley-sick030: Dis boy. 

2 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

I mean, everyone needs time to learn difficult jumps, can he not be more chill with himself?

You must be talking about some other Yuzuru Hanyu. This one does not know the definition of the word! ;)

2 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

One thing I wondered is: why did he do a quick entrance for the 4Lz at WTT, the same entrance he has for 3Lz? I mean, everyone needs time to learn difficult jumps, can he not be more chill with himself? Leave easier, longer entrances for the new jumps? :smiley-sick030: Dis boy. 

Probably because the entrance is part of the jump, in Yuzu's textbook.:bow:

7 hours ago, SSS said:

Probably because the entrance is part of the jump, in Yuzu's textbook.:bow:

Or maybe it's a secret tactic to stop Brian from stopping him. 

He'll wait for Brian to turn around or look at the phone for a second and the next thing he'll hear is SPLAT. 

Brian: WHAT. Was that. 
Yuzuru: I just slipped, heheheheheheh :space:

Brian: Did you "SLIP" while trying 4Lz. 
Yuzuru: Noooo no no no no! Ask Pooh! 
Brian: ...4A?

Yuzuru:

Brian: ...
Yuzuru: ....Maaaaybe :space:

1 minute ago, Murieleirum said:

Or maybe it's a secret tactic to stop Brian from stopping him. 

He'll wait for Brian to turn around or look at the phone for a second and the next thing he'll hear is SPLAT. 

Brian: WHAT. Was that. 
Yuzuru: I just slipped, heheheheheheh :space:

Brian: Did you "SLIP" while trying 4Lz. 
Yuzuru: Noooo no no no no! Ask Pooh! 
Brian: ...4A?

Yuzuru:

Brian: ...
Yuzuru: ....Maaaaybe :space:

Pooh's reply::Poohgaveup:

1 hour ago, fluffypooh said:

Ask pooh! That's just hilarious 

:rofl:

And btw it's so hard to catch up just for an ice show, how am I supposed to handle it when the Olympic comes:facepalm:

And imagine, we now have 100 threads to catch up on!

Finally finished reading all the posts in General Chat. I shouldn't have gone through all the posts backwards. Now I am worried about the Chopin 3.0 again. (a lot of ups and downs this weekend:facepalm:) I LOVE Chopin 2.5, but just hope if someone here can link me the rules regarding program repetition? I tried all the keywords in Google but failed. Thanks in advance!

17 minutes ago, SSS said:

Finally finished reading all the posts in General Chat. I shouldn't have gone through all the posts backwards. Now I am worried about the Chopin 3.0 again. (a lot of ups and downs this weekend:facepalm:) I LOVE Chopin 2.5, but just hope if someone here can link me the rules regarding program repetition? I tried all the keywords in Google but failed. Thanks in advance!

ISU does not have any rules regarding the reuse of programs. 

6 hours ago, ShiroKJ said:

ISU does not have any rules regarding the reuse of programs. 

I just wanted to add to this, because it was something that came up a lot with the backlash against reusing programs. It's important to remember that outside of the very top elite, many competitors (regional senior competitors, novices, juniors, for example) can't afford to get new programs choreographed every year. Programs from very established choreographers like Lori Nichol or David Wilson can cost thousands of dollars, so it would be unfair to impose any rules that bar repeating programs. Obviously a skater like Yuzuru has a lot of money, but it would be unfair to impose restrictions on just the very top/financially well-off skaters and not on the others. :smile:

Totally unrelated to anything, but regarding layouts:

Anyone knows what specific step is the one Yuzuru does after his 3A in this new Chopin's SP? Is it a simple 3-turn, with an arms movement coordinated with it? Well, I guess I shouldn't call it simple, since it's with the landing foot of the 3A xD