1 minute ago, xeyra said:

Japan...... Nathan has a 4Lo. It's not going to be Hanyu Shoma is gonna need to focus on to defeat... it's gonna be Nathan too!

Yuzu just needs to focus on himself lol

If Yuzu is on top form and his goal to have consistent quality  comes to fruition that fight for silver is going to be brutal tho 

Just now, meoima said:

I have been working as a volunteer in sport events mang times. It's not weird that there are miscommunications and the people in charge give out some wrong information. It happens all the time. 

I remember when Patrick's planned layout for 4CC (or was it Worlds) had him planning to Zayak, apparently. 

28 minutes ago, AsteroidB-612 said:

"16日に行われるフリーで、宇野は4回転ジャンプでは最も高難度のルッツを含む4種類、5度の4回転ジャンプに挑む。4回転だけをみれば、羽生を上回る難度の高い構成で、決まれば金メダルが見えてくる。"

Just backing this with a translation:

"For the Free Skate that will happen on the 16th, Uno will challenge 4 type of quads for 5 times, includes the hardest (currently) quad the 4 Lutz. If you just look at the quad, this is a harder program difficulty  than Hanyu, if he complete it cleanly, the gold medal is within his reach." 

And by the way the tittle of this article is:

打倒羽生へ!平昌金へ!宇野、SP自己ベストで首位

(Defeat Hanyu! Aim for the Pyeongchang Gold! Uno comes in first with Personal Best in SP)

...The media and the propaganda machine is surely at work guys, brace for the Olympic season :sadPooh:

and I am with you, @SSS, I don't like his new agency/promo team or their new approach either 

:tumblr_m9gck4P2Jf1qzckow:oh the hostility in that headline

Just now, kaeryth said:

Oh JPN media... there you are again with you 'rivalries' /sigh/.

It's like they can't be happy for both their skaters and root for both. Gotta compare, compare, compare. Oh he has a more difficult layout! He got a better score at the beginning of the season! Oh he can't keep up with the younger generation! 

I don't see US media doing this about Nathan and Vincent, for example. At all. 

It's like they can't be happy for both their skaters and root for both. Gotta compare, compare, compare. Oh he has a more difficult layout! He got a better score at the beginning of the season! Oh he can't keep up with the younger generation! 

I don't see US media doing this about Nathan and Vincent, for example. At all. 

If Nathan and Vincent were 1-2 at worlds there might be. /Thinks back to the Michelle v. Tara rivalry/

I remember when Patrick's planned layout for 4CC (or was it Worlds) had him planning to Zayak, apparently. 

Yeah, that's why it's a bit too much to take it as the team want to fool people. Why would they think of some unrealistic layout that doesn't follow the rules at all? So people laugh at them? Who would they want to fool? Skating people practically knows it's a wrong layout, because they skate themselves. Even judges who don't skate know it's wrong layout. Who would take it seriously and panic?

Mostly just people who don't understand skating. 

Just now, yuzuangel said:

If Nathan and Vincent were 1-2 at worlds there might be. /Thinks back to the Michelle v. Tara rivalry/

Do they do this with Gracie/Ashley? Or did?

I guess it is common then, after all. 

Just now, meoima said:

Headline to me remembered of those times: American beat Kwan (because apparently Michelle Kwan is Asian and not American enough). 

Wait, really? I take it back, USA media sucks even harder than Japanese. 

2 minutes ago, meoima said:

I assure you, had the lady who won over Yuna Kim at Sochi were Gracie, not Adelina, the whole US-UK media would never mention Yuna Kim at all. 

NGL, I really disliked Gracie during Sochi, and generally dislike American athletes because of how obviously biased the media here. It just makes me want to root for anyone else. It took a season and a half for me to realize that Gracie isn't the picture perfect robot that NBC makes her out to be, she is a real person and has real struggles, and she became infinitely more likeable after that.

1 minute ago, yuzuangel said:

NGL, I really disliked Gracie during Sochi, and generally dislike American athletes because of how obviously biased the media here. It just makes me want to root for anyone else. It took a season and a half for me to realize that Gracie isn't the picture perfect robot that NBC makes her out to be, she is a real person and has real struggles, and she became infinitely more likeable after that.

Gracie is a nice girl and I've always liked her. But my friend who first saw her at Sochi also disliked her a lot. Now she forgot Gracie already.