Costumes we love to hate

• 2 weeks later...
On 10.08.2017 at 11:02 PM, Yatagarasu said:

Google can be useful too. I couldn't find one particular costume I remember from Ilia Kulik but Googling - Ilia Kulik giraffe lead me right to it! :laughing:

kulik_620-thumb-620xauto-256628.jpg

I swear, the Nagano Olympics was the most memorable Olympics for me: all top Dance routines stayed with me because if their sheer brilliance, Tara Lipinski's crazy grin when she landed a jump, and Ilia Kulik because of his costume. Before I got intersted in FS again because of Yuzu, there were 4 things I remembered about Men's FS: Yagudin's Man in the Iron Mask, Plush's Sex Bomb, Candeloro's Three Musketeers and Kulik's Giraffe Cow. I couldn't remember what he skated to, or his moves but that thing was unforgettable.

I missed the fringed leg- I'm very suspicious of this embryo single leg costume trend- someone should sit them down and make them watch a few times to drive home how awful it looks before it becomes an epidemic.  Do any of these people ever look in a full length mirror?

Saw a documentary on Marc Bolan the other night - he had a jacket with leopard print shoulders- put me forcibly in mind of the giraffe and zebra print used above - maybe they were channelling their inner glam rocker?  Why didn't someone stop them?

• 3 weeks later...