General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, ruruzest said:

Re : the bolded note about Yuzu not dressed Olympic gold with recycled programs

i think people said that because they are scared for their faves. Just my reasoning, they think with two powerful programs like that , the OLG is a given for Yuzu. To say that they belittle the most prestigious medal in the field ( however , in my own opinion, Olympic is just another big comp just like WC or GPF, e hem, now how do I make this text smaller so that nobody can read it). Can they really deny the level of difficulty, the beauty, the fierce competition when the best of the best (aka Yuzu ) deliver unquestionable performances cleanly?i don't think so

I definitely think so. Yuzu's not the only skater who's repeating both programs, but he gets the most shade because he is very difficult to beat.  Despite the much higher BVs, no one has beaten Yuzu's record set by Chopin and Seimei yet, so an upgraded Chopin and Seimei must be terrifying for his opponents. 

1 hour ago, Yuazz said:

If I was yuzu I won't stop after PC Olympic. Let me win the gold at skate Canada and 4CC, then I'll say goodbye to the  sport.:hachimaki: 

Not only that, he needs to land the 4Lz and 4A in competition with +5 GOEs. =P   Who knows what kind of WR he can set with the new judging criteria?

I don't understand why there are many people saying they are okay if Yuzu cleans both program and not getting the gold...

To me, if that happens, I will question the judges' scores... Even if he is not super clean, he should win if judges follow the rules. As a fan, I understand yuzu's goal to deliver perfect programs and win gold at the same time. Gold medal is as important. I will support whatever his decision is. Like if he wants to remove 3f... I may worry because of politics and judging, but I will never distrust his programs. It is common to recycle programs, lower BV for Olympics..I think our "disappointment" should not give media an excuse to criticize Yuzu only...And I don't want to see someone's news article about how he beats the GOAT in Olympics...I don't think anyone else deserve the gold if Yuzu does not mess up.

Translation by @gladi!

2017/08/13 Fuji HERO’S Exclusive: Thoughts toward new programs. Hanyu section.

2017/08/13 Fuji HERO’S Exclusive: Thoughts toward new programs. Hanyu section.

(cr. to yuzu_pino@twi for the video) 03:49 - 07:43 Hanyu section. 

NON-INTERVIEW:

04:09 - Hanyu entering TCC (rare shot from inside)

04:23 - 4Lo (second day in red UA) 

07:07 - 4T3T rippon (first day)

07:12 - Start of SEIMEI (second day)

INTERVIEW:

Kato: Well, Olympic season! SP is Ballade No. 1. This was surprising too, but––FP, SEIMEI! I was astonished!

4:50 (Screen: About SEIMEI)

YH: After all, this piece––SEIMEI––really draws me in, and above all else… of course there is the fact that it is a program that I can perform with full confidence, and there are various merits to it. Therefore, I chose SEIMEI.

Kato: SP’s Ballade No.1 and SEIMEI––that seems to be Hanyu Yuzuru’s Best Album!

05:22 (Screen: Hanyu Yuzuru’s Best Album)

YH: (Laughs) Best Album? I see. That’s right, isn’t it… (couldn’t stop laughing) Indeed. Hmm…um… But, with my head held high, this is the best Hanyu Yuzuru––this is a program where I can say this with confidence.

Kato: Well, already [there is]––should I say trust towards the piece, or a sense of unity––just as you’ve shown in practice earlier. It feels staggeringly awesome (YH: Thank you), so there is something like that, right?

YH: Certainly, there is definitely compatibility with the music. Truly, I think this is the rhythm that best fits me, and I have fallen into this piece to such a degree, that I myself really wished to skate to this. So I decided to do both together.

Kato: What is SEIMEI to you?

YH: I think this program can really be considered my masterpiece. Well, and to a certain extent, there is also something like a sense of security you feel when you return to your parent’s home. There is, as well, something like “This is my skating” in this.

06:35 (Screen: The confidence of showing a new Hanyu)

Kato: Because you’re always evolving, even though they are programs you’ve done before, your confidence of showing a new Hanyu and new programs….?

YH: Of course, I [have confidence]. However, shall I say, for example––and that is the case for both SEIMEI and Ballade No.1––I do think that it is different for each respective competition. Therefore, not anymore…no longer…what is it… (t/n he looks for words), back in the day, “what if I do this” “let me try this”––there is none of that. I want to bring, at each competition, each unique SEIMEIand Ballade No.1 that I can [perform]. That is what I want to do. 

18 минут назад, Yatagarasu сказал:

I liked the comparison with Best Album :laughing: I had the same association myself like he put out his best hits cd and laid it there (not in a bad sense... more like at the concert even though the group usually presents the new album but what really gets the public going is the hits, even though you may heard it like 100 times before that)