POLL: Yuzu's 2017-18 FS music predictions

POLL: Yuzu's 2017-18 FS music  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Xen said:

I think we went over this in the general chat thread when Max dropped the Seimei bomb. Don't want to go dig up the thread, but Seimei was mentioned only in passing on GS, and think it was after she revealed that. On the other hand...POTO, R&J (a non-Nino Rota version), and Man in the Iron Mask all got mentioned, as well as the Deveil's Trill Sonata and Swan Lake. I should know...I mentioned 3 of them....:facepalm:

Maybe we jinxed it :facepalm:

3 hours ago, surimi said:

Where was the compilation of the GS guesses again, does anyone know?

I guess you mean the one I made. It is in Music talk page 31. Keep in mind that I did not go through all the GS pages because it took so much time and there were really many suggestions here and there. Actually I found some more some days ago. I will post them in Music talk as soon as possible.

Just now, MrPudding said:

Did we jinx it :facepalm:

Well hopefully not....I was joking about Zigunerweisen too in that thread with the SM bomb. But if SallyCinnamon and I had predictive dreams, then a white+black costume would probably indicate Swan Lake (unless there is a B&W firebird)....

4 minutes ago, Xen said:

Well hopefully not....I was joking about Zigunerweisen too in that thread with the SM bomb. But if SallyCinnamon and I had predictive dreams, then a white+black costume would probably indicate Swan Lake (unless there is a B&W firebird)....

Bird theme is not bad.. Maybe he can be black swan this time for the dramatic olympic effect :tumblr_inline_n2pjd8JxGM1qdlkyg:

2 minutes ago, Xen said:

I think we went over this in the general chat thread when Max dropped the Seimei bomb. Don't want to go dig up the thread, but Seimei was mentioned only in passing on GS, and think it was after she revealed that. On the other hand...POTO, R&J (a non-Nino Rota version), and Man in the Iron Mask all got mentioned, as well as the Deveil's Trill Sonata and Swan Lake. I should know...I mentioned 3 of them....:facepalm:

I see... but her words could also imply only one person guessed it, and that person might have been the one who guessed Seimei... Though the comment is so vague, it could mean just about anything. I actually wouldn't mind POTO so much, because I have a slight emotional attachment to it, plus I haven't been a figure skating fan much, to get sick of it ^^; But I doubt he'd pick it, because it was THAT season's FS. If he is superstitious, I think he'll stay away from it. I also like to think he's outgrown R&J... The others I admit I don't know, but I didn't like Man in the Iron Mask as a movie :P More seriously, I also think he won't choose an FS that is very similar to Chopin. Or else last year's experimenting would have been a bit pointless... but who knows...

I don't know why we have to act like that tumblr post is the official words comes from his team. Tbh anyone could write that. Whether his music choice is, there're people who love it and who don't, compare it to other skaters's music and think he should do this or that. It could be anything, not just repeat or warhorse. 

( Sorry if my post offend anyone)

1 hour ago, Katt said:

I don't know why we have to act like that tumblr post is the official words comes from his team.

Well, I can say that for me the music choices are very important and I am anxious to find out what they are. This tweet is so far the only hint about Yuzu´s choice for FS.  That´s why I am taking it into consideration though I am aware that it doesn´t reveal much. It´s also possible that the poster honestly is a skater from the Cricket club and knows the piece. I also find these speculations of FS music very interesting and it´s funny but they ease my impatience a bit.  

38 minutes ago, Katt said:

I don't know why we have to act like that tumblr post is the official words comes from his team. Tbh anyone could write that. Whether his music choice is, there're people who love it and who don't, compare it to other skaters's music and think he should do this or that. It could be anything, not just repeat or warhorse. 

Not offending, just some of us are probably a little less optimistic than you're being. :xD:

44 minutes ago, Katt said:

I didn't want to believe it but judging by her other Tumblr posts, she is legitimately skating at TCC so I'm inclined to believe her when she says she knows the music (and her cyptic comments). It was mostly her post that set off my gut-feeling about Seimei 2.0 (I feel like it would have to be something easily recognisable ie. warhorse or a repeat if she already knows what it was just from listening to it).

I would love if he could do an extension of Seimei - re-arrange the music while retaining a musical motif but make it like a continuation of the story or another 'side' of the story. If he's going to take advantage of his unique connection with the character and the music (which has proven to be well-liked by judges), that's how I'd 'bring it back' for an Olympic program. But the work involved would be essentially like doing a new program.    

many of us were disappointed about Chopin 3.0, but on second thought and after that interview where he revealed his reasoning, many start to think it's a very good idea.  So even if we would be disappointed when the FS is announced, we probably would change our mind when we see him skate, he knows what we need before we realize we need it, like that beautiful 3A exit in Chopin 3.0.:snonegai:   

38 minutes ago, kaerb said:

I didn't want to believe it but judging by her other Tumblr posts, she is legitimately skating at TCC so I'm inclined to believe her when she says she knows the music (and her cyptic comments). It was mostly her post that set off my gut-feeling about Seimei 2.0 (I feel like it would have to be something easily recognisable ie. warhorse or a repeat if she already knows what it was just from listening to it).

I dont doubt she skate at TCC but it doesnt mean her words are automatically right. When its come to Yuzu's music choice, layout I only trust words comes from Yuzu himself and his team. I'm not the type who want to predict base on some random posts. But I know there're always rumors like this in off season, and many people will believe. Nothing wrong with that. Maybe I'm just prefer reading positive things, and tbh the tones about his music choices these days turn me off a bit . But its my own problem. Everyone has right to express their opinion and I respect that :biggrin:

1 hour ago, fluffypooh said:

many of us were disappointed about Chopin 3.0, but on second thought and after that interview where he revealed his reasoning, many start to think it's a very good idea.  So even if we would be disappointed when the FS is announced, we probably would change our mind when we see him skate, he knows what we need before we realize we need it, like that beautiful 3A exit in Chopin 3.0.:snonegai:   

This is surely gonna happen. No matter the music, we're gonna love his FS, because it's his skating. It's his emotions and his skills and his being in the music, not only just a random piece of music. 

I have many fears (Poto being the biggest of all) but I know they're probably irrational, because Yuzu and his team know what they're doing far better than me and everyone else here (imo), so I'm not really sure why I'm so stressed out. He could take the most used warhorse of all time and still make it unique and beautiful.

3 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

This is surely gonna happen. No matter the music, we're gonna love his FS, because it's his skating.

agreed. In the season many of us might as well be laughing about having been so anxious. Kind of like everything is on fire in the middle of competitions and still you can feel everyone is wishing well.