POLL: Yuzu's 2017-18 FS music predictions

POLL: Yuzu's 2017-18 FS music  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

I voted for brand new music but the other choices wouldn't be surprise either. :hand:

It's funny because I had a dream last night that it was August and Yuzu revealed his free skating music. It was a rather unknown piece, an OST, but I don't remember the name and the composer, because I never heard about them before. It was not a Japanese OST, that's all I can remember...:hopelessness: I tried to memorize it but I knew that I was dreaming (haha) and that I wouldn't remember it when I wake up. And so it happened.

The off season and its effects on me :facepalm:

haven't you had prophetic dreams before...?

Brand new music, say no to warhorse :rock: 
Last year I had a strong feeling about Joe Hisaishi's music, especially Howls and Mononoke Hime. Its turned out to be Hope&Legacy. For the past 2 weeks, I have the same feeling about Final Fantasy (VII and X). Lets see :popcorn:

I decided to vote for a warhorse cuz it's Olympics and some famous music can be appreciated by bigger audience. And repeating 2 programmes will be too much I think. But anyway I hope there will be an interview where he'll talk about his choice and reasoning like with Chopin 3.0

1 hour ago, Katt said:

Last year I had a strong feeling about Joe Hisaishi's music, especially Howls and Mononoke Hime. Its turned out to be Hope&Legacy. For the past 2 weeks, I have the same feeling about Final Fantasy (VII and X). Lets see :popcorn:

I'm curious.  Was it you who posted about the FF prediction months ago?

1 hour ago, yuzuangel said:

haven't you had prophetic dreams before...?

Not really, I rather have strange premonitions during the day. :hopelessness:

Brand new music is such a gamble. It paid off with Seimei but not so much with Hope & Legacy (and I mean this with mainstream audience). I remember an interview with PJ Kwong's podcast where the commentator said that while technically Hope & Legacy deserved the world record and it was beautifully executed he still preferred Seimei. So, I believe it's going to be either a warhorse or Seimei 2.0. He can't afford to experiment on Olympic Season.

7 hours ago, Katt said:

I hope it's a brand new music too. FF VII and X will be cool because it is well-known enough (especially among gamers) for people to appreciate it?

I don't know about POTO 2.0, Seimei 2.0 or RJ 3.0...repeating 2 programs from the same season or having two 3.0 programs seems a little too much. But no matter the choice, I'll trust in Yuzu and his team. Can't wait to see his olympic FS program!

5 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

I'm curious.  Was it you who posted about the FF prediction months ago?

Not really, I rather have strange premonitions during the day. :hopelessness:

You know what's weird? I had a dream too before with Yuzu in a black+white costume, where the cut overall was similar to etude, with some leaf-like patterns around the neck/chest region.  There were a couple OSTs mentioned in the GS thread- Man in the Iron Mask, and I mentioned the OST to "Hero." Given that Hero is an asian composer, I guess Man in the Iron Mask it is? But black...could be Godfather? 

From what that tumblr poster who trains at TCC said, some people will be disappointed with his FS music choice, others will be happy. To me this can only mean one of two things:

- He's repeating a program. Seimei is the most likely, but could also be POTO, RJ 3.0, whatever.

OR

- He's doing a warhorse.

So I'm kind of not expecting anything new or non-warhorse-y from him.

1 minute ago, Pamigena said:

so completely not like every other season before :img_10:

:rofl: Par for the course, I take it (I haven't been around long enough to know). I always thought people kind of loved his music choices. Except POTO. And RJ2. Possibly NDP wasn't taken well either. And when he repeated a SP. 

Errr... you've made your case.