Mascot Fest

Anony

1 hour ago, kaeryth said:

One of my favourite mascots have nothing to do with Yuzu (that I know of. hehehe)

32fbd8b0f25d4f9882ed1a1171841bfbbf2b22ea     7d6a10f728f256b0a5fab11aa1ab27a379b6f1f2

(C) ana-cooljapan [broken link]

Isn't she the cutest? Sora-yan is the mascot for Osaka International Airport.

According to Sora-yan’s official profile, she lives in Osaka International’s La Sora Deck terrace and entertainment complex, and her job is to bring smiles to the facility’s visitors. Sora-yan has an interest in fashion, with a collection of snappy silk scarves of the type flight attendants in Japan wear, and enjoys going for walks in and around the airport.

omg this is so cuuuuute :smiley-love017:

Guest turquoiseblue

Domo-kun, Usajii, Ta-chan and Ezomon the flying squirrel :10636614:

Video uploaded by Nico Ichi

Ezomon was the official mascot of the 2017 Sapporo Asian Winter Games :tumblr_inline_mg15qnUpxW1qdlkyg: It's so cute :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:

Cute thread.:tumblr_inline_mg15qnUpxW1qdlkyg:

Are mascots popular in Japan, or other Asian countries? 

I like mascots but in my country only the bigger football teams and (major) sports events have mascots. And we don't always have much luck with them :D Two years ago one of the mascots made the headlines and everyone was talking about it for days. It was created for the 2017 Aquatics World Championships and it was introduced at the Aquatics Worlds in Kazany, in 2015. The mascot looked terrifying in real life, everyone called it the horror dog, or the zombie dog. :rofl:although the drawings and plush figures were nice...

Bol-dog1-320x223.jpg

....but after this happenned the organizers decided to use new mascots. The new waterlily ones will look like this. They are nice:)

14128880_c70e5c849b9d91674cee5ee9971f65d