Other Skaters' 2017/18 program announcements

8 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

Oh, it's going to be wonderful! :8232307:The soundtrack of the film is so beautiful!

I don't think anyone has ever skated to Amelie before?

Kaitlin Hawayek& Jean-Luc Baker used Amelie soundtrack in 2013-14 season for their FD. I sure there must be others, but I don't remember right now. Anyway it's hardly a warhorse. Nice choice!!!

7 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

Kaitlin Hawayek& Jean-Luc Baker used Amelie soundtrack in 2013-14 season for their FD. I sure there must be others, but I don't remember right now. Anyway it's hardly a warhorse. Nice choice!!!

Thank you, I didn't remember that they skated to it. I'll watch their FD :smile:

I also think it is a nice choice. It's not a warhorse but if the choreography will be good and she can perform it well, it could become a very successful program. 

1 minute ago, sallycinnamon said:

Thank you, I didn't remember that they skated to it. I'll watch their FD :smile:

I also think it is a nice choice. It's not a warhorse but if the choreography will be good and she can perform it well, it could become a very successful program. 

Yes, there are so many pieces of beautiful music in the world... Why to choose again and again the same warhorses, I will never understand!

54 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

Yes, there are so many pieces of beautiful music in the world... Why to choose again and again the same warhorses, I will never understand!

Unfortunately, it's been proven time and time again that certain pieces of music are more... palatable to judges than others.

I'm sure lots of skaters want more freedom in their choice of music but there's never a guarantee that judges will like it (ex: judges liked seimei but seemed very lukewarm with hope and legacy). So, if they want to get good scores/win, they go for the music pieces that are familiar/tried and tested.

Also, another reason warhorses work is because they've been tried and tested as fitting to skating. A well-known music will probably already have great places to place spins or jumps or step sequences. Probably makes it easier to then make the music cuts.

Guest turquoiseblue

The first thing that comes to my mind when I think of Amelie is Kristoffer Berntsson :tumblr_inline_mg15qnUpxW1qdlkyg:  I've seen several skaters' beautiful programmes to Amelie but Koffe's programme is the best :tumblr_inline_mg16htbP2l1qdlkyg: :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg: He was a great entertainer and I miss him so much :tumblr_inline_mg16f5AQHM1qdlkyg:

I've just been to see Matthew Bourne's new ballet ' The Red Shoes'.   It was wonderful and now I want someone innovative (like James/Cipres or Papadakis/Cizeron ?)  to use his score for a FS.  Instead of using the score of the film he pieced together bits from a number of films composed by Bernard Herrman who did a lot of work for Hitchcock inter alia.  The company's website has a piece about the music.

On 6/28/2017 at 3:30 AM, ralucutzagy said:

Tanith Belbin and Benjamin Agosto used Amelie soundtrack for their 06-07 FD, which remains as one of my all-time fav FD. Unfortunately most vids on Youtube are muted due to copyright. I can only find this one with audio on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xlxfj2g5H5A (not their best performance I swear!):headdesk: or for better quality I found the full version of group 5 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8vJnv0xNhs&t=728s

• sallycinnamon changed the title to Other Skaters' 2017/18 program announcements