Other Skaters' 2017/18 program announcements

There is this new article about Javier where I think he talks a little bit about his new programs : http://masdeporte.as.com/masdeporte/201 ... 23600.html Unfortunatly I don't speak spanish :sadPooh:

Translated for you guys :D

-What can you tell us about these shows (programs i guess) that you've prepared for PyeongChang 2018?

-For the short i can say we'll visit an old friend again. Won't be the same, but we'll use a part from the same music. I think it will be a good idea. The free will have spanish music, but won't be something traditional. We've chosen a spanish character that is known around the world, so the people can put a face on what i am doing and skating. Until we have it on the table (i thiiiiiink this would mean in english something like, until the time comes to discuss it seriously) we won't know what we're going to do as the final result.

There is this new article about Javier where I think he talks a little bit about his new programs : http://masdeporte.as.com/masdeporte/201 ... 23600.html Unfortunatly I don't speak spanish :sadPooh:

-What can you tell us about these shows (programs i guess) that you've prepared for PyeongChang 2018?

-For the short i can say we'll visit an old friend again. Won't be the same, but we'll use a part from the same music. I think it will be a good idea. The free will have spanish music, but won't be something traditional. We've chosen a spanish character that is known around the world, so the people can put a face on what i am doing and skating. Until we have it on the table (i thiiiiiink this would mean in english something like, until the time comes to discuss it seriously) we won't know what we're going to do as the final result.

Thanks for your translation!

And I know he'll rock the Spanish programme, he's done so many times before now.

I'm very curious about the famous character he's going to portray too :grin:

And I know he'll rock the Spanish programme, he's done so many times before now.

Don Juan or Don Quixote are the most obvious possibilities, but I've seen someone even speculate it could be Picasso.

Don Juan or Don Quixote are the most obvious possibilities, but I've seen someone even speculate it could be Picasso.

Woah I didn't know Picasso was Spanish :geek: Thought he was more Italian lol

If Javier's gonna be Picasso then it's indeed.. interesting to think about :smile:

Thank you so much Hydroblade for your translation :goe:

Since everyone can speculate, he can do Superlópez :space: (I was laughing so hard the first time I saw this comic) But like it was said above, he will most probably do Don Juan/Don Quixote.

xeyra said:

Picasso is interesting, one of my favorite recent Ice Dance programs was Sara Hurtado/Adria Diaz's 2013-14 FD:

(You may recognize the music as Anna Pogorilaya's this season!)

As for revisiting an old program for his short, I wonder if it's Chaplin. Arguably he should have kept it for the Olympic season, it was such a strong program.

lilsailor said:
Q: Will you be changing your choreography for Turandot?

S: I will change it completely!

https://cantilovertranslations.tumbl...ns-at-piw-0504

[from atsumiri on GS]

That's interesting, I wonder how much the music cuts will change as well.

just realised Ivan Righini is doing Gypsy from LOTD which is one of my whole time favourite pieces of music

ETA: He is doing a LOTD medly

Is LOTD considered a warhorse? I actually like the OST from all three movies quite a lot.

• sallycinnamon changed the title to Other Skaters' 2017/18 program announcements