Other Skaters' 2017/18 program announcements

1 hour ago, katonice said:

You guys don't think it will be a full program with lyrics right?

They'll probably use an instrumental version I guess?

Not necessarily... What comes to mind is Jason Brown skating to writing on the wall this season. It was with lyrics and not at all distracting. Sam Smith and Adele both have a very smooth, almost instrumental voice, so they might keep her voice. 

But skyfall has rich and complex instrumental...so the grand orchestra ensemble alone version would work great too I think!

5 hours ago, AsteroidB-612 said:

Not necessarily... What comes to mind is Jason Brown skating to writing on the wall this season. It was with lyrics and not at all distracting. Sam Smith and Adele both have a very smooth, almost instrumental voice, so they might keep her voice. 

But skyfall has rich and complex instrumental...so the grand orchestra ensemble alone version would work great too I think!

I guess I'm still not used to watching programs with full lyrics.

But you're right, it probably won't be too difficult to make an Adele song with lyrics work.

Honestly speaking, I was hoping Wakaba would use the last year's SP, La Califfa.  I miss it :tumblr_inline_n18qr8XewT1qid2nw:

Actually I was in the audience.  It was really great.

I heard the choreographer for Gypsy Dance is Massimo Scali.

And, Lori Nichol for FS, but this has not been confirmed.  Has anyone confirmed?

2 hours ago, katonice said:

Jason Brown's SP will be to "Room Where It Happens" from Hamilton.

Well, Jason has just won over my sister's cheering for next year: she's a major Hamilton fan and she's gonna scream when she knows xD

6 hours ago, katonice said:

Jason Brown's SP will be to "Room Where It Happens" from Hamilton.

Ahh! I'm the biggest Hamilton fan and this is one of my favourite songs to sing~ It's an unusual pick in that it's very jazzy and sassy (minor keyyyy - also I'm absolutely hoping he'll keep the 'click boom!' part). I'm so interested to see how he'll adapt it to the short program (especially which parts he'll pick...there's a lot of spoken parts). I thought he'd go with a more lyrical piece like Wait for It or Burn but this is so exciting~ o:

2 minutes ago, kaerb said:

Ahh! I'm the biggest Hamilton fan and this is one of my favourite songs to sing~ It's an unusual pick in that it's very jazzy and sassy (minor keyyyy). I'm so interested to see how he'll adapt it to the 4.5min program (especially which parts he'll pick...there's a lot of spoken parts). I thought he'd go with a more lyrical piece like Wait for It or Burn but this is so exciting~ o:

In the video linked to in Jason's tweet, you can hear parts of the music he's using.

Go to 3:23 for the choreography section.

2 minutes ago, kaerb said:

Ahh! I'm the biggest Hamilton fan and this is one of my favourite songs to sing~ It's an unusual pick in that it's very jazzy and sassy (minor keyyyy - also I'm absolutely hoping he'll keep the 'click boom!' part). I'm so interested to see how he'll adapt it to the short program (especially which parts he'll pick...there's a lot of spoken parts). I thought he'd go with a more lyrical piece like Wait for It or Burn but this is so exciting~ o:

I'm 99%  sure the 'Click, Boom!" would be his ending pose - it practically begs for it.

Also, I knew someone from Team America would skate to Hamilton! I'm glad it's Jason. :tumblr_inline_mqt4gi8ECy1qz4rgp:

1 minute ago, kaeryth said:

I'm 99%  sure the 'Click, Boom!" would be his ending pose - it practically begs for it.

Also, I knew someone from Team America would skate to Hamilton! I'm glad it's Jason. :tumblr_inline_mqt4gi8ECy1qz4rgp:

I didn't realise there was a video, thank you @katonice - MY CROPS ARE WATERED AND MY SKIN IS CLEAR :tumblr_inline_mg16f5AQHM1qdlkyg:

And yess, he does the 'Click Boom!' ending pose at 5:28!!! Jason is such a darling and I'm so glad he was such a fan that he literally campaigned for 2yrs to skate to it! If Lin tweets about it, hopefully it means even more prominence for figure skating~~~

• sallycinnamon changed the title to Other Skaters' 2017/18 program announcements