7 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

I think most people didn't like the lace and rhinestones either. :unsure2:

The horror! :blink: The rhinestones and the lace were amazing! 

Obviously our taste is better than everyone else's! :SunFace:

5 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

I love the costume because it's beautifully detailed, unconventional and different, which suited both the 19-year-old Yuzuru and the music of Romeo and Juliet. I also love the colours of the rhinestones, the ombre arms, waist and the assymetric boobskirt -

I love everything which is assymetric, tbh.:) :heartpound:

hi-res-74a14980a36b5387d55219f4c5788357_

I think he loves assymetric, too! Most of his costumes are like this! And about rhinstones and laces, eh, Yuzu likes his blings and I adore him for that! Almost all of his costumes are art works, so intricate and originals! Just love it!:snonegai::pbow:

15 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

I think he loves assymetric, too! Most of his costumes are like this! And about rhinstones and laces, eh, Yuzu likes his blings and I adore him for that! Almost all of his costumes are art works, so intricate and originals! Just love it!:snonegai::pbow:

Assymetric dresses suit almost every people, and it gives a bit extra to the look. :) It suits Yuzu a lot, too! 

I don't think a costume should distract from the actual skating, but it's still important how the costume reflects the music or the program, and how much it suits the skater's style. I don't agree with Chan who said that costumes are not important and if anyone wants to ask questions about what he wears, they should ask his costume designer, not him. :smiley-whacky115: It's an artistic sport and costumes are a part of the art as well.

6 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

Assymetric dresses suit almost every people, and it gives a bit extra to the look. :) It suits Yuzu a lot, too! 

I don't think a costume should distract from the actual skating, but it's still important how the costume reflects the music or the program, and how much it suits the skater's style. I don't agree with Chan who said that costumes are not important and if anyone wants to ask questions about what he wears, they should ask his costume designer, not him. :smiley-whacky115: It's an artistic sport and costumes are a part of the art as well.

:smiley_facepalm: Really,.. that's what he said?! Then it's no wonder that he wears those boring monocolor costumes or T/jeans all the time. To each his own. 

18 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

:smiley_facepalm: Really,.. that's what he said?! Then it's no wonder that he wears those boring monocolor costumes or T/jeans all the time. To each his own. 

He said it not long ago, maybe it was after 4CC..or Canadian Nats. I can't find the video unfortunately, but when he was asked about his interesting maroon-purple FS costume, he answered rather annoyed.

1 minute ago, sallycinnamon said:

He said it not long ago, maybe it was after 4CC..or Canadian Nats.. I can't find the video unfortunately, but when he was asked about his interesting maroon-purple FS costume, he answered rather annoyed.

IMO that costume is horrible ...:smiley_facepalm: But, again, is a matter of taste...

2 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

IMO that costume is horrible ...:smiley_facepalm: But, again, is a matter of taste...

It doesn't look good once the ice at all and the two colours don't go well together, in my opinion.

He wore it at the GPF for the first time, and it would have been nice if he had explained why he decided to change his grey costume to a colourful one.

13 minutes ago, rozuyu said:

SEIMEI was designed by Satomi Ito (check out her website and instagram, her work is quite amazing!). I suspect the Swan too judging by the similarities with other swan costumes she designed. LGC was also done in Japan, but I still haven't managed to track them down.

Wow! Yes, her costumes are so gorgeous and detailed! 

Thank you for the info  :flowers:  

I know it's never going to happen, but what if Yuzu chose something total black, plain and simple, with one single detail?

Like this

He's gorgeous in black, you know...

12 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

I love the costume because it's beautifully detailed, unconventional and different, which suited both the 19-year-old Yuzuru and the music of Romeo and Juliet. I also love the colours of the rhinestones, the ombre arms, waist and the assymetric boobskirt -

I love everything which is assymetric, tbh.:) :heartpound:

hi-res-74a14980a36b5387d55219f4c5788357_

I don't completely hate the costume, I actually really like the asymmetry, but I'd like it a lot more if that missing/mesh panel wasn't there :yznotimpressed:

On 5/16/2017 at 06:04, obscurite said:

I don't completely hate the costume, I actually really like the asymmetry, but I'd like it a lot more if that missing/mesh panel wasn't there :yznotimpressed:

I think the R&J 2 costume has a lot of individual components that are absolutely lovely - gorgeous rhinestones, beautiful white to black gradient, some very intricate detailing, unconventional frills, etc., but i never know what's the main focus with the costume. like is it the really huge rhinestones in contrasting hues. is it the lacy boobskirt. is it the detailed bit where his white top fades into his black pants. or is it that half collar half illusion mesh thing on his neck. To me, it doesn't portray a solid message / character because of the thematic messiness. (disclaimer: my opinion only, i don't deny perhaps others can appreciate the theme of this costume better than me.)

i think hope and legacy brings together similar components in a better way - there's that nice gradient from green to blue, a generous helping of bling, some frills and folds - but you can see the general idea. it's like a galaxy, or sea foam - the beauty of nature in general. :BeatingHeart: