^^ lol same :))

I see people complain that they are so random but they're actually what caught my eyes about the costume :)) otherwise it'd be rather boring (sans ruffles)

Nah, it wouldn't have been boring. The boobskirt, the varied texture, the ombre, the cinched waist, the mesh along one arm and across thr back, the assymetry of the back and the sleeves... I loooove those details.

Somehow it reminds me Trankovs costume for "Masquerade Waltz". Beloved by judges piece btw, and so far not taken...

Trankov looked so handsome! I love "Masquerade Waltz" even if it's a warhorse.

Me too! But I think it suits for pairs much more than singles.

Sure! And, thb, I don't really see Yuzu waltzing around! :s_smile

kamotejojo said:

The great thing with MOST of his costumes is that some parts are really gorgeous. They are prone to over embellishment because he's a baby dragon with a cave full of shinies, sparklies and chickens (for their feathers not food). Take NDP, the color gradation is beautiful but the big a** cross. :s_scratchhead Or the legendary R&J 2.0, I find the boob skirt nice but the avalanche of rhinestones... :s_scratchhead

I agree. In NDP I mostly don't like the cross and in R&J 2.0 I can even live with boobskirt but that rhinestones are too big and that mesh is just :nono:

Now that Vertigo 2.0 has been mentioned... how does everyone feel about Yuzu's more casual outfits (I hesitate to call those costumes, because some of them are basically T-shirt and jeans, or tank top and black pants...)?

I'd love smth simple for example for dance EX, or white pants would be really lovely in the Gala light )) I also don't know why Yuzu is such a fan of velvet pants (I'm ok with them really) it's just the ones from PW looked very good on him.

Wasn't that what he wore for Olympic silver in the battle of the Brian's? Surely Y would think it was bad luck ?

Maybe he should troll Brian Orser with a costume like this? ;)

Ohhhh... I have such a soft spot for uniform-style costumes :love:

OMG this is awful. Truly awful. The face and the pose also make it as unflattering as possible. Looks like Neanderthal on Ice...sorry Mura... :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Yeah, when ever I see that or this lovely Lambiel 2006 Turin outfit

XYy5cIXg.jpg

I have to wonder what they were thinking.

ZHVLLCs.jpg

OMG this is awful. Truly awful. The face and the pose also make it as unflattering as possible. Looks like Neanderthal on Ice...sorry Mura... :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Yeah, when ever I see that or this lovely Lambiel 2006 Turin outfit

XYy5cIXg.jpg

I have to wonder what they were thinking.

[image]http://i.imgur.com/ZHVLLCs.jpg[/image]

Oh my eyes :ohno:

tumblr_nhj88uCWWw1rmwtulo1_400.jpg

It is so elegant and beautiful to see his hands

20111104_2055943.jpg

Wonderful Romeo, perfectly matched

62ff126c9045c10cfb45946381eb68a5.jpg

This dark grid is very special. Yuzuru looks beautiful in blue

Yuzuru%2BHanyu.jpg

Elegance and gentleness

29d7111fc1d12cd87907e68ada7e6863.jpg

Very well selected for the program theme

I like others, like LGC (but purple) and I love Yuzuru in the practice. Jeans I like too. At Yuzuru everything looks good. :love:

I had forgotten how horrible the men's costumes were in the 80s - wasn't too fond of skate to one end of the rink- jump- skate back - jump again. Apologies to Mr O but really ...

Costume-wise the early/mid-1990's were maybe even worse than the 1980's. All those loose-fitted, colourful costumes were too much to my eyes :shock:

Has anyone, apart from Ilia Kulik and his giraffe-esque number at Nagano 1998, Stephane Lambiel's zebra at Turin 2006, and Team Japan's PPAP EX at WTT 2017, attempted animal print costumes and actually looked half-decent?