^^ Is this the first edition of this costume, or the second one after he had to 'tone it down' bc fabric pieces were flying everywhere on the ice during his performances? Bc if this is the modified version, I don't even dare imagine how horrendous the original monstrosity must have been :ohno:

It's the first version. :s_yes

^^ Is this the first edition of this costume, or the second one after he had to 'tone it down' bc fabric pieces were flying everywhere on the ice during his performances? Bc if this is the modified version, I don't even dare imagine how horrendous the original monstrosity must have been :ohno:

Ahh, thank god. now I can go to sleep in peace lmaoo :rofl2:

Ahh, thank god. now I can go to sleep in peace lmaoo :rofl2:

Yes, this is much better!

[image]http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/takahito-mura-of-japan-performs-during-the-mens-singles-free-skating-picture-id499012300[/image]

source: Gettyimages.

Wow... that blue and gold paint effect looks great, unlike 1.0... phew...

Moral of the story: ugly outfits with feathers that drop onto the ice is bad for you for deductions, and bad for the on-ice event staff who have to clean up after it for the next skater.

That's a great outfit. I wouldn't mind Yuzu wearing somethjng like that, maybe a bit more flowy version.

Mura is my evidence that Yuzuru's costuming is cultural. For the Japanese costume is a COSTUME. Shoma's not doing "understated" either. I still can't forgive Javi exchanging that red/gold/black chic for the all-black boringness in his Spanish sp.

I still can't forgive Javi exchanging that red/gold/black chic for the all-black boringness in his Spanish sp.

Javi got Patrick-ed... I like his first Malagueña costume too.

Oh for sure! That actually looks quite nice and way above average of Team Japan's usual standards when it comes to costumes :rofl2: The more I look at it, the more I dig the decorative gold. It's a bit extravagant but could potentially be tweaked into something more subtle yet fitting for the Olympics :s_wink

I still can't forgive Javi exchanging that red/gold/black chic for the all-black boringness in his Spanish sp.

Javi got Patrick-ed... I like his fist Malagueña costume too.

I don't denny that Javi looks pretty hot in that all black outfit, but the first one was more in the character with the music IMO.

Yuzuru would look stunning even with just Patrick's style...

No doubt about it. I mean we swoon over him in his UA, don't we? :love:

Ok, here's a confession. I actually never liked blings and sparkles. Part of it is photophobia - sensitivity towards light and anything reflecting it. So the glittering effect always makes me dizzy. This is the only part of liking Yuzuru that is slightly inconvenient. Liking FS in general, tbh. I understand that sparkles and glitters are almost a trademark for any Japanese skaters, and especially so for Yuzuru, but I'd like to, just once perhaps, see him shock everyone by wearing less sparkly, more muted costume. His PW costume, both version 1 and 2 are my favourite. And then Chopin 1 and 2.

Mura is my evidence that Yuzuru's costuming is cultural. For the Japanese costume is a COSTUME. Shoma's not doing "understated" either. I still can't forgive Javi exchanging that red/gold/black chic for the all-black boringness in his Spanish sp.

I missed his original Malagueña costume so much. I watched the 2015 version and fell in love with that shirt and vest, and then this year he goes for... suspenders... oh Javi...

I still couldn't forgive Yuzuru for that boobskirt at Olympic...

Am I in a minority for liking the boobskirt??? Well not necessarily the actual boobskirt but the costume as a whole, I thought it was pretty!

No, you're not. I like it, too. Is not on my podium list but I don't hate it. :pbow:

The boobskirt's okay... not the worst of Yuzu's outfits, but not anywhere near my all time favourites...