Celebrating the 2nd Anniversary of Yuzuru turning Pro-athlete & Giveaways

Dear :satellite:Satellites! 

It's the 19th of July in Japan now and we are celebrating the second Anniversary of Yuzu turning Pro-athlete! Please use this thread to share your thoughts, impressions and feelings about this magnificent second year of Yuzu's skating! :img_21:

We have also prepared giveaways for you:loveshower:.  If you want to enter the giveaway, please answer today, from 00:00 to 23:59 JST in this thread sharing your top 3 moments of the 2nd year of the YuzuProEra and add a ":626gdau:".  

If you can, please also join our efforts and party on X (former Twitter) :67638860:.

Let's celebrate together this day and show our love and support to Yuzu!!

:thanks:

3 top moments? Oh my, where do I begin?.. I guess I begin with saying HAPPY 2ND PRO ANNIVERSARY, YUZU! Wish you another successful year full of great achievements, moments of joy and true loving fans! 

I think 2 of the top 3 moments were the ones that left me speechless because I saw/read something I wasn't expecting to see and it blew my mind. 

3. AERA photobook - that image of fierce, powerful, passionate Yuzu in red magma... goosebumps! 

2. Announcement of GUCCI ambassadorship. 

My number 1 top moment and my most treasured memory that will stay with me for a very long time:

1.  my visit to RE-PRAY Yokohama, which was my 1st time of seeing Yuzu live! 

Happy day everyone! :626gdau:

Happy Anniversary, Yuzu! The second year of your pro career was even more dazzling than the first. I am forever in your debt.

The three things that left the most powerful impression for me weren't discrete moments but broad markers of his evolution as a professional artist:

1. The brilliant narrative and visual structure of Re-Pray, in which all the disparate elements worked seamlessly to create a true "Ice Story."

2. His collaborations with other powerful, visionary artists (Mikiko-sensei, Daichi Mao-sensei), through which he opened up whole new realms of personal expression. (I'm especially tickled that he likes to collaborate with women.)

3. His recent statement that, over the course of the Re-Pray tour he was able to accept that, as an artist, he is able to deliver something his fans cherish as much as they did his athletic achievements -- allowing him to fully embrace our ongoing support.

All those developments assure me that we have much, much more brilliance to look forward to from the the creator of the new art form known as Hanyu Yuzuru.

Fly on, Yuzu! I will always support you!

:626gdau:

:tumblr_inline_mi7tcqZmot1qdlkyg:

Happy 2nd Year Pro Anniversary Yuzu                                     

:tumblr_inline_mi7tcqZmot1qdlkyg:

My No 1 memory is filled with love, appreciation and laughter.   It's getting up very early and staring at a small screen in a tiny Angers appartment during IDF and watching Re-Pray with two fellow Yuzu loving friends.  Getting so pulled into the show and actually pulling the screen forward and giggling :giggle:  as we all reached for the screen at the same time.  We gasped at the same times too and so enjoyed watching Yuzu's marvellous skating and story telling.  :clapping-smiley::clapping-smiley::clapping-smiley: Cue Pooh Rain....:10814716:

No 2 Is a 'Thank You' for all the stunning photo shoots.  :heart:  From high fashion in Gucci to the wonderful photos in the In Focus Exhibition and Aera shoot.  GQJapan (I luckily have a copy.  Its lush!)  Then pictures for Sekkisei and Citizen.  Thank you.  Really .... for those photographers especially who realised that Yuzu's waist was an asset!

No 3 Yuzu's continued connection with his fans.  That he always strives to create something magical for us, includes things we wish for ie the sound of his blades on ice or the pre competition warm ups by the boards with Pooh.  Also let's not forget the English subs.   Cheers Yuzu.  XXX  We appreciate it all !!!!  :626gdau:

Oh wow, I cannot believe it! It's been 2 years! Honestly, I still remember myself crying for a week 2 years ago, desperatly thinking I will not have the chance to see him skate again. Boy, I'm so so happy to have been so wrong.

Happy 2nd anniversay, Yuzu! To many many many more!

And happy freedom day for all his fans!

Now, for top 3 Yuzu moments this past year. Quite a hard choice, but here it goes:

3. It's a tie between *2* gorgeous programs, I really cannot decide: Danny Boy & Megalovania.

Danny Boy: what a skate! What feelings! The incredible flow, the precision of stopping after a jump, the most beautiful Ina Bauer, the backhanded spin, the superb one leg pivot! And the wonderful surprise that he added it as a *2nd* program at FaOI after so many years of skating just one program.

Megalovania: the sound of Yuzu's skates on ice, in pure silence, is an experience that cannot be duplicated. It really gave me goose bumps. The structure and the speed of that program, truly something that only Yuzu can do.

2. The *2nd* day of NS, Saturday noon. First time in almost 5 years to be able to attend his practice. Oh, what a surprise that was! Is it nostalgia, maybe?

1. The *2nd* day of RE_PRAY Yokohama, the first time of clean Messenger of Destruction. It felt like over the tour, we could see him evolving and perfecting the program. That first time he gets the program clean has always been special and thrilling. And I couldn't be happier for him. His hard work since Saga paid off and I hope he was satisfied with finding this new way of training to move forward.

Special mention: meeting everyone again, having our get togethers, exchanging gifts, filming our little encouragement videos for Yuzu, making new friends, all thanks to him!

🎁:626gdau:

:tumblr_inline_mto5hwcNlg1qid2nw::626gdau:Happy 2nd Pro Anniversary, Hanyu-senshu! :626gdau::tumblr_inline_mto5hwcNlg1qid2nw:

So proud to be your fan and follow your journey as a pro-athlete. Looking forward to what is to come!:tumblr_inline_n2pjejddG21qdlkyg:

Here is my little contribution fanart:

And top 3 favorite moments... well, I'll try:

My first top moment was watching the warm up and the Dark Messenger performance that followed through the livestreams and seeing how the program improved and was perfected, culminating in Miyagi. Re_Pray was amazing as a whole, but DM captured my heart and held it until the end. Yuzu MCs came second. :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:

Second top moment was attending the Metaverse Roppongi live event for Yuzu's birthday. I don't have the chance to watch him live, so this was the first time I was able to attend an event "in person," hehe. I was lucky enough to be one of the few that could enter the event and stay till the end. It felt special afterwards too knowing that Yuzu also attended.

Third top moment is watching Yuzu's YouTube membership videos. Always a treat when Origin theme starts playing on my phone, telling me that Yuzu updated his YouTube. It is just special to be able to watch the practice videos and listen to the messages.

:tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg::mushroom7:Congratulations on your second pro anniversary Yuzu :67638860:

Time fly so fast... I can't believe it's been already two years !! I feel like the Beijing olympics and your announcement of turning pro was yesterday ! But what a journey it has already been since then !! 

Thank you so much for always going further, for inspiring me to keep going, to be better even if it's just a little everyday ! :snmouchotto:

I remember that when I watch Gift for the first time I was thinking, "it is possible to de something better than that ?", and then you came with Re_pray and meet once again all of our expectations (and do even better :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:) ! 

This year have been amazing !! Arigato gozaimasu !! 

And the top 3 moments of this year... (it's so hard to choose ! )

1. :tumblr_m230o5o5Gg1qfamg6: : Danny boy :tumblr_inline_mp4i2vHXDy1qz4rgp:.... this program is a masterpiece ! Grace, captivation, gentleness, this program help me so much when I was having a hard time, watching you skate give me peace when I was stressed, anxious or stressed and confort me when I needed it. Truly thank you so much. 

2.:tumblr_m230oqZJaS1qfamg6: : Gate of living ! I I really enjoyed following the evolution of the program through all the shows !! 

3.:tumblr_m230p1f9hj1qfamg6: : The correspondance with us on YouTube, when Yuzu have share his thought with us, I have feel so happy :tumblr_lkl6q24eyw1qfamg6:, And of course all the program and training too !! 

(sorry for the English this is not my language... I have done my best) 

And this post make me improve to the grade mushroom to tissue box !! I am so happy !! 

To Dearest Yuzuru,

Happy 2nd Anniversary of you turning Pro! 🎉🎊🥂

You may have started out uncertain about turning pro, but I'm quite sure these past two years have shown you just how supportive your fans are, and how they will always have your back, come what may.

I have been a fan since 2016. I've never been so invested in anyone like you before. Of course I've been a fan of other celebrities (actors and singers, mostly), but none of them kept my interest quite like you do. I think it's because you're continuously evolving, on the way to becoming the perfect you 🪽

To Planet Hanyu and All Fanyus,

Happy 2nd Anniversary of our Independence Day! 🎉🎊🥂 (cue Seimei music in the background :softYuzu:)

It is hard to pick just three, but here you go - my Top 3 Moments of the 2nd year of the YuzuProEra: 🎁

1. Winning a ticket to watch the first ever RE_PRAY LIVE! This was my third time seeing Yuzu live, and it's new and amazing and wonderful every time. He was mesmerizing. I'll always remember just how loud the crowd was at the arena, it gave me goosebumps. He was so loved. Hopefully, he felt it, too. 

2. Yuzu performing at Notte Stellata 2024. I love this show because of Yuzu's new programs/collaborations, and costumes (Danny Boy, Carmina Burana, Permission to Dance). I was also touched by the behind-the-scenes reunion between Yuzu and the elderly Iadies. (I think it was also around this time that Yuzu collaborated with the rescue dogs and their trainers. I love dogs so this is a no-brainer 🐶)

3. Yuzu becoming Gucci brand ambassador. Even my friend who's not a figure skating fan, nor a fashionista, was impressed with this terrific piece of news.

What an absolutely wonderful and spectacular year this has been! Being a Fanyu used to be a rollercoaster ride full of surprises, excitement, and moments of great joy, yet also moments of great pain.

But no more! Following Yuzu on his professional journey has been nothing but a wild ride full of unbelievable, spectacular, and magical moments! Yuzu keeps surprising and delighting me, doing things and achieving feats I never thought possible before.

He truly gets better and better every day. I look forward to many more years of accompanying Yuzu on his journey of creating things the world has never seen before and going to places no one has ever gone before. :loveshower:

It's difficult to pick three highlights from a year packed with so many thrilling events. Here are my personal favorites:

1. RE_PRAY tour (and all his new programs!):

Yuzu keeps surpassing himself when it comes to his skating prowess, performance skills, expression, and creativity. Unfortunately, I couldn't attend any of the shows in person because of work and scheduling issues, but I'm sure there will be many more chances in the future to see Yuzu live shows. Perhaps he might even tour in places outside of Japan or even outside of Asia. When it comes to Yuzu, nothing seems impossible now. :cheer:

2. Gucci Ambassadorship:

I was thinking for years that Yuzu would make a great brand ambassador for a high fashion brand. So, I was absolutely thrilled when Gucci signed him. This proves they have good taste. And it also proves the star and economic power Yuzu has. :dancingpooh:

3. AERA photos and Citizen campaign:

I couldn't decide between these two, I'm taking both. Yuzu keeps on evolving as a performer and model. He gets more and more beautiful and confident every day and it shows in the new ways he presents himself. I believe he'll only become more powerful and gorgeous with time. :girlsigh:

I wish Yuzu good health, happiness, and great success on his professional journey! :626gdau:

HAPPY AND HAPPY 2ND ANNIVERSARY as a pro Yuzuru san  :peace2: , it's been 12 years since you "captured" me as fanyu :woop:

Like many here, the choice (because there are so many) of 3 best

1 : the fact that he has always had a heart AS BIG AS THIS  :heart: towards those who are suffering and to go to the scene to see up close what is going on, also to go as close as possible to the rescuers and be "friends" with a rescue dog. 

2 : I really love his 2 FDs  :heartpound: with this fluidity + grace in the Blue VO, but my favorite is the piano version by Shynia (just as passionate as Yuzu) slower, white version. 

3: his "childish" side when he is with mascots with the excellent memory at each NHK especially that of 2019 :space:

Good health and happiness "in spades" and long live your thirties :626gdau:

I just found another YouTube that is quite complete  :cheer: , since I am not too comfortable with the writings....... 

:tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg::48179197::tumblr_inline_mto5i4jHv61qid2nw:Congrats to Yuzuru Hanyu on his 2nd professional anniversary!:tumblr_inline_mto5i4jHv61qid2nw:!!:48179197: :tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg:

Choosing top 3s is always so hard for me but I'm gonna try my best! :tumblr_inline_mzx95p7TPv1r8msi5:

1. Announcement of an additional RE_PRAY performance in Miyagi + international streaming available! :7562096: It was the most pleasant surprise and the performances were top tier! :tumblr_inline_mjgka6fYNw1qz4rgp:

2. Notte Stellata final group performance with Misia's Kibouno Uta again! I LOVE that song and I was sooo happy when Yuzu kept it this year! :2lbkos0:

3. Release of YUZURU x CLAMP picture book “GIFT”! As a longtime CLAMP fan, it was a dream collaboration. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: The story and the illustrations were super adorable and I loved the narration by Megumi Ogata! My fangirl heart was so satisfied with everything related to the collab! :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Hope Yuzu stays healthy and can show us amazing new stories in his 3rd year as a pro skater. I'm alr4eady so excited for whatever he's preparing! :tumblr_inline_n0o1fjLfy91qid2nw:

Thank you so much PH! 

This year has been an incredible journey

Top 3 things

1 - RE_PRAY tour.  Having a ticket platform that accepted applications from iFans with their own phone numbers and credit cards was so great. 

The tour itself was awesome from the inaugural show to something close to miraculous for the final instalment in Miyagi. Beyond Live access for fans not able to attend in person meant so much to so many

2 interviews, lots of interviews - for me it seemed to indicate a whole new level of trust between Yuzu and fans. Goes without saying that even the tiniest insight into a really intellectual and creative mind such as Yuzu's is a huge privilege.

3 Gucci - appointment as Global Brand Ambassador that is recognition that Yuzu has arrived on the world stage. It is a giant leap for Yuzu from the niche sport of FS which most people in the world watch every four years to potentially appearing in global campaigns for a very well known high end aspirational brand.

Many paths lie before Yuzu. I have full confidence that he will choose wisely and whatever he chooses as a future destination the journey will be something that Fanyus will be only too happy to accompany him. Yuzu will open new vistas of expression and performance and for me personally, I cannot wait to see what comes next. So very proud of Yuzu and all that he has achieved thus far. 

Dear Yuzu, 

Always with you.

Wishing you every happiness.

Supporting you forever.

Pxx

Edit:

Sharing all of these marvellous experiences with fellow Fanyus has been enormously enjoyable as well.

Thank you Minna san