[2022] Challenger Series and other senior B-events

I know I sound like a broken record by now, but I absolutely and deeply despise JSF for giving a chance at 300 points for Challenger victory to precious Kinoshita darling Koshiro, then Kazuki, and NOONE else among JPN men. Well... he lost to Sota at every competition for the last several years, and has done worse than any other JPN boy at international events so far, so how else to boost him up the world standings than leave his non-favored rivals at home, and send their cherished one to international and easy events. And I actually used to like Koshiro. Now I can't stand him, purely because of the politicking and unfair candy he gets. May JSF rot in hell for that. 

Speedy recovery to Hiwatashi.

I hope Young is alright. She looks sad in the photo, and judging by her quote, last season must have been draining for her. I hope she's getting help from both her close ones and professionals if she feels she hasn't been able to enjoy skating recently.

I'm happy for Yelim, and she looks quite content. She's a graceful skater to watch.

Mana... until recently another Kinoshita baby, now with Shoma's old coach, so points are guaranteed... not gonna watch. Saw her Gensan programs, was bored. But I bet Mai would have matched and possibly beat the Koreans and pretty much anyone else - if she got the opportunity this season, which she didn't.

1 hour ago, surimi said:

I know I sound like a broken record by now, but I absolutely and deeply despise JSF for giving a chance at 300 points for Challenger victory to precious Kinoshita darling Koshiro, then Kazuki, and NOONE else among JPN men. Well... he lost to Sota at every competition for the last several years, and has done worse than any other JPN boy at international events so far, so how else to boost him up the world standings than leave his non-favored rivals at home, and send their cherished one to international and easy events. And I actually used to like Koshiro. Now I can't stand him, purely because of the politicking and unfair candy he gets. May JSF rot in hell for that. 

Speedy recovery to Hiwatashi.

I hope Young is alright. She looks sad in the photo, and judging by her quote, last season must have been draining for her. I hope she's getting help from both her close ones and professionals if she feels she hasn't been able to enjoy skating recently.

I'm happy for Yelim, and she looks quite content. She's a graceful skater to watch.

Mana... until recently another Kinoshita baby, now with Shoma's old coach, so points are guaranteed... not gonna watch. Saw her Gensan programs, was bored. But I bet Mai would have matched and possibly beat the Koreans and pretty much anyone else - if she got the opportunity this season, which she didn't.

This kind of upsets me since I really like Koshiro...He's one of the few male skaters that I actually enjoy watching, though I like Sota as well. I'm not sure that he has much of a say in the decisions, either, though I understand the frustration.

Honestly, I'm not that well versed with the JSF politicking, but why not send Sota (or another Japanese skater) to Finlandia Trophy? I also wonder if they sent Koshiro to Lombardia simply because he trains in Switzerland.

16 minutes ago, YuDai said:

This kind of upsets me since I really like Koshiro...He's one of the few male skaters that I actually enjoy watching, though I like Sota as well. I'm not sure that he has much of a say in the decisions, either, though I understand the frustration.

Honestly, I'm not that well versed with the JSF politicking, but why not send Sota (or another Japanese skater) to Finlandia Trophy? I also wonder if they sent Koshiro to Lombardia simply because he trains in Switzerland.

Upsets me too.  I also like Koshiro and shouldn't think he has any say in where he goes.

Very angry over the crappy Lombardia stream.  Even qq had issues because of it and don't get me started on no stream at all ...unless flipping Peacock (which I can't get) for US Classic. 

I am totally in love with Adam's choreo in the SP.  Want to see it again but of course not on YT or anywhere else I can find. 

Poor Tomoki had to withdraw.  I hope he wasn't hurt badly in practice.  With the useless stream I missed what happened.  Hope he is fighting fit again ASAP.

24 minutes ago, YuDai said:

I think you might be right about Koshiro being sent because of his proximity. 

1 hour ago, YuDai said:

I can relate to your feelings. As you can see, my anger is directed entirely at those who play favorites. I am not accusing Koshiro of lobbying for his own assignments. I rather suspect Kinoshita of using their influence and pushing their skaters at the expense of others, and I see that as very harmful to the sport. I saw Koshiro last year in Warsaw. I was clapping for him, watched him with interest, and didn't -and don't- feel any ill will toward him. But this year's JSF treatment of Koshiro vs the others really takes the cake, and I have a hard time not immediately thinking of the politicking when I read about him in competition threads. Had all top skaters received the same treatment, I would be cool with him being sent. It has always been like that - all, or almost all, of the top 10 from Nationals got usually sent to smaller events to earn SB and ranking points in a less stressful environment. Not this year. In men, Shun, Sota, Kao, Tatsuya and Sena, all have been passed over, and I feel helpless anger at the injustice. 

It sadly doesn't look like the reason for the assignment is the proximity of Champery, because none of the other assigned JPN skaters train near their Challengers - Kazuki, Wakaba, Rinka and the others. It just looks completely random from JSF.

I wonder, Mai is now doing her Master's, right? Maybe she was too busy for a Challenger? I keep thinking up excuses because she's looked so strong in the last year or so since she got better... you'd think they'd send her out too... or maybe she's slipping further down the JSF favourite list... probably the latter.... I so wanted to see her because those programs look wonderful this year. 

I'm just going to start a campaign now to give Rinka the GP spot, asap! Now she just won a challanger (where she beat a reigning world champion) she has to get one. Please?

Wow, she was so good, and that has to be one of the best women's 3A ever :clapping-smiley:

PS. Katia is still as adorable as always :heart:

PS 2. Lara Naki Gutmann has a fantastic program, I hope to see this clean this season, she already feels the music so well!