[2022] Grand Prix Espoo

• sallycinnamon changed the title to [2022] Grand Prix Espoo
  • 2 months later...
On 11/15/2022 at 10:09 PM, YuDai said:

Since I already bought the ticket, I guess I will. Probably most of the events apart from pairs

I'm going too.  Helsinki is an amazing place.  Maybe see you at the rink .. or go for a coffee?

Hi guys, I have excellent all event tickets BUT i cant go. I was going to offer to sell or give them away, but i ended up with a physical ticket instead of electronic so I can't transfer it to anyone. I hate to see empty seats up close (3rd row tickets) so I was going to offer to share my seat assignments with someone who has tickets so they can have better seats. I'm in section 204, message me if interested

10 minutes ago, BrightonDogwoods said:

Hi guys, I have excellent all event tickets BUT i cant go. I was going to offer to sell or give them away, but i ended up with a physical ticket instead of electronic so I can't transfer it to anyone. I hate to see empty seats up close (3rd row tickets) so I was going to offer to share my seat assignments with someone who has tickets so they can have better seats. I'm in section 204, message me if interested

DM

Practices went well.  Got there just in time for the start.  No queue.  Slipped into front row. 

Caught Camden's eye and said good luck. Keegan had a few falls and was rubbing his thigh after one ... seemed OK afterwards though.  Kevin looked good, although I was filming for a friend and you can't really watch and film.  Lucas, Tatsuya and Shun looked good.  Illia was mainly marking jumps.

Rika had a clean run through (I think.. got distracted by some people) but she skipped some.  Mai and Mana both had a fall in their sets.

Piper Gilles was Queen of rink when she was on it.  Others moving out of the way of their fast pace.  Love their set.  Kaitlin and Jean Luc have a gorgeous routine.  Shiyue and Xinyu got blocked twice during their set.  The first time...inexcusable.  I think he seemed put out by it.  Love his batman costume.  😍 

Rebecca and Filippo.  The too Italian Italians.  Seem on form.  Good set.  Rather liked the Crayfoord's some pretty moves.  Remember Anastasiia and Daniil  and their horizontal hold start from Sheffield.  Also marking jumps in FS run-through.  Cold in the front rows but few in attendance too so no body heat.

3 minutes ago, Melodie said:

Was gonna rewatch Mai's SP but then I realized the ISU screwed up the streaming midway thru her performance so now there's technically no record to upload 🤨

Watch her skate at Sheffield.  Just as beautiful. :heart:

The women's event felt kinda meh, although I do like

- Mana Kawabe's attack and confidence throughout her performance, especially in the StSq (toe jumps need improvement though)

- Mai Mihara's feather-like skating (and that spin that accelerates right on the note OMG) - minus the ISU's messing up the livestream just as her performance starts. But hey, at least the organizer doesn't mess up her music this time. 

- the comeback of Rika Kihira's one-handed cartwheel (best I have seen so far, aside from Kevin Aymoz's and Yuzu's). On a different note, while there is improvement in terms of flow (she did say she is in good shape for this comp), her movements still seem restricted and tentative. Oh and as she keeps finishing behind the music, I guess I have to accept that it is intentional. Doesn't mean I like it tho.

- Loena Hendrick's daring costume and some part of the choreo. Her PE is getting better (and she has a better Latin program than many of the ice dance teams now IMO, go figure LOL).