Fay

Lord of the Rings discussion thread

3 minutes ago, Puniyo said:

We have serious LOTR fans here... :0001:

I remember that LOTR became very famous in Portugal around the time when Harry Potter got also a lot of attention. My friends would always compare both series even though they are so different from each other! 

And 'The Return of the King' was actually the first movie I ever watched on a cinema theater so it kind of holds a special place in my heart... haha!

LOL don't anybody get me started on lotr/etc because once i start i can't stop

if there's one thing that got me obsessively loving it for many, many years, it's the middle-earth legendarium

omg this is seriously a goddamn masterpiece work of art like it's just sooooo creative and a huge body of work

of course i get that it's not perfect but on the whole, the middle-earth legendarium is a really impressive piece of work

i also like harry potter series very much!  i grew up reading it! :space:

return of the king is my all time favorite movie from the whole 6 movies

2 minutes ago, Fay said:

Eowyn was just great - Miranda Otto nailed the part, I agree.

And Billy Boyd's singing part - yes, that was just heart-rending!

He's scottish! Is his traditional music. I love scottish/irish music!:snonegai:

Puniyo   
Just now, Fay said:

You started with the Return of the King?

Nono, I watched the first two movies at home (Fellowship still my favorite of the three) but then a friend of mine dragged me to the cinema (around 2003 if I'm not wrong, the time it was commercially released) because he just loved the series so much... haha!

Fay   

Just now, ralucutzagy said:

yeah, I love Billy's Scottish accent. It's so beautiful!

1 minute ago, Puniyo said:

Nono, I watched the first two movies at home (Fellowship still my favorite of the three) but then a friend of mine dragged me to the cinema (around 2003 if I'm not wrong, the time it was commercially released) because he just loved the series so much... haha!

Hope you didn't regret spending the money and time. It has to be seen on a huge screen, really!

Puniyo   
Just now, Fay said:

Hope you didn't regret spending the money and time. It has to be seen on a huge screen, really!

He was the one who paid the tickets actually... haha!

But I really loved it! Watching it in the big screen is a whole new experience... I even cried at the end during the coronation scene :embSwan:

OMG! Yes! Seeing them at cinema theatre it's a must! But I must admit that I saw them at home too several times! LOL I'm a sucker for this movies! For fantasy movies!

7 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

me too!!! it's beautiful!!! :space:

1 minute ago, ralucutzagy said:

OMG! Yes! Seeing them at cinema theatre it's a must! But I must addmit that I saw them at home too several times! LOL I'm a sucker for this movies! For fantastic movies!

i watched the rings trilogy the first day they came out at the closest cinema to my school and i went with my best friends and their parents to see them.  it was truly special because my friends loved the lotr stories even more than i do hahaha

and it was just fun to see beautiful movies with friends :space:

Fay   

OK, as for me, I'd loved the LOTR (book) for a decade before the film came out, so I was sorta trembling with anticipation when I went to see it to the nearest cinema at 9 in the morning (I was a postgraduate student, I had the time). The shivers the very first sounds of the music and Galadriel's voice sent through me - ah, I've never had that sensation in the cinema since then!

I have to say I had an awkward feeling about all the changes the director made in the story, but I came to accept them. I watched it compulsively during that summer - I went to the cinema dozens of times, I learnt it by heart...

Puniyo   

I feel like reading the book now from all the recommendations... haha!

1 minute ago, Fay said:

OK, as for me, I'd loved the LOTR (book) for a decade before the film came out, so I was sorta trembling with anticipation when I went to see it to the nearest cinema at 9 in the morning (I was a postgraduate student, I had the time). The shivers the very first sounds of the music and Galadriel's voice sent through me - ah, I've never had that sensation in the cinema since then!

I have to say I had an awkward feeling about all the changes the director made in the story, but I came to accept them. I watched it compulsively during that summer - I went to the cinema dozens of times, I learnt it by heart...

ok now that's a whole new level of true love! :5918bda4d232b_0011(1):

but yes, that opening narration with galadriel was just oscar worthy.  WOW!  send chills down my spine every time i hear it!  cate did a wonderful job as galadriel!  actually the casting for both the hobbit and lotr movies were just wonderful.  the actors were so well suited to their parts and performed so well.  i'm so impressed by them

LOTR was basically my obsession when I was little. I watched it pretty often (like once a week? for months??) until I could speak out the words by memory. At first I listened to it in italian, then I changed to english. It was the beginning of a journey to learn english. But I was always very afraid of the books, because of their lenght. 

To this day, I am in the middle of the second book, and I have yet to finish the trilogy xD 

But LOTR and all its characters are part of my childhood, my relationship with my family (we're all fans), and a big piece of me. 

Favourite scene: 

"I am no man." *Takes helmet off* "BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH".

6 minutes ago, Fay said:

Now that's what I call a real fan! Me and my husband, we are like what can we watch when we are bored: A LOTR marathon! He's a fan too, of course!

1 minute ago, Murieleirum said:

LOTR was basically my obsession when I was little. I watched it pretty often (like once a week? for months??) until I could speak out the words by memory. At first I listened to it in italian, then I changed to english. It was the beginning of a journey to learn english. But I was always very afraid of the books, because of their lenght. 

To this day, I am in the middle of the second book, and I have yet to finish the trilogy xD 

But LOTR and all its characters are part of my childhood, my relationship with my family (we're all fans), and a big piece of me. 

Favourite scene: 

"I am no man." *Takes helmet off* "BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH".

one of my favorite scenes EVER!  what a total BADASS!  omg i love eowyn so much she's just awesome

6 minutes ago, Fay said:

my brother and i used to act out scenes from the movies

it was really fun way to pass the time

it got to the point that even my parents knew the scenes because my brother and i always acted them out around meal times hahaha

2 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

Now that's what I call a real fun! Me and my husband, we are like what can we watch when we are bored: A LOTR marathon! He's a fan too, of course!

wow that's so awesome!  what a fun way to bond!  it's great that your husband also loves lotr!!!