Random Thought Theater

Pamigena

You have my sympathy- spent 6 weeks of September/October trekking back and forth to the vet over an unusually quiet cat- lots of tests.  There was a minor infection which was treated but was masking the start of kidney problems so now we are trying to persuade him to eat a special, bland diet.  He's not buying it.  Hope your cat is better soon.

8 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

You have my sympathy- spent 6 weeks of September/October trekking back and forth to the vet over an unusually quiet cat- lots of tests.  There was a minor infection which was treated but was masking the start of kidney problems so now we are trying to persuade him to eat a special, bland diet.  He's not buying it.  Hope your cat is better soon.

Kidney problems as well. He's resigned to that bland food now and eats the stuff well. But there's a whole bunch of illnesses... 

thank you for your sympathy - it's curious how guilty his illness made me feel...

My vet says that the trouble with cats is that they are apex predators and unlike dogs, domestication hasn't bred it out of them - their instinct is to hide illness because it's weakness and in the wild they couldn't afford to show weakness.  She says quite often the first thing you know of a cat being seriously ill is when it keels over - it was luck that we were there for the annual jabs and mentioned he was a bit subdued- it certainly wasn't anything I would have dragged him there for ( he loathes the cage, the car, the dogs in the waiting room).  I know what you mean about guilt, but the chances are your cat wasn't showing symptoms so you couldn't have known.

On 8/11/2017 at 10:07 PM, Sombreuil said:

My vet says that the trouble with cats is that they are apex predators and unlike dogs, domestication hasn't bred it out of them - their instinct is to hide illness because it's weakness and in the wild they couldn't afford to show weakness.  She says quite often the first thing you know of a cat being seriously ill is when it keels over - it was luck that we were there for the annual jabs and mentioned he was a bit subdued- it certainly wasn't anything I would have dragged him there for ( he loathes the cage, the car, the dogs in the waiting room).  I know what you mean about guilt, but the chances are your cat wasn't showing symptoms so you couldn't have known.

1) I feel this because my cat has kidney problems as well and the only time we realized it was bad was when he was hiding behind furniture, wailing out of pain. 

2) If you apply this description to Yuzuru, it sadly fits quite perfectly. But I'm glad he's changing ç_ç 

В 10/11/2017 в 11:16, WinForPooh сказал:

If Thor Ragnarok is playing, it might be a nice distraction. It's quite funny. :)

Done. Hulk is fire, Thor is on fire, Loki is just Loki :-) I even laughed. Achievement of the day: I made my father to go with me instead of watching football (Russia - Argentina, it's not even a game, it's beating), so it's calm home today. Fail of the day: I left the cinema and my first thought was: Is Yuzu having fun now? I wish, he does. 

Hopeless, just hopeless: my brain continues to worry about him even when it seems I succeed to think about something else.

9 hours ago, Mastyaeva said:

Done. Hulk is fire, Thor is on fire, Loki is just Loki :-) I even laughed. Achievement of the day: I made my father to go with me instead of watching football (Russia - Argentina, it's not even a game, it's beating), so it's calm home today. Fail of the day: I left the cinema and my first thought was: Is Yuzu having fun now? I wish, he does. 

Hopeless, just hopeless: my brain continues to worry about him even when it seems I succeed to think about something else.

It was only 1-0, that's not so bad! And a late goal from Aguero, too, so it's not like Russia didn't hold their own.

The movie was fun, wasn't it, I'm considering watching it again just for the laughs. The Thor-Loki reminiscence scenes... :smiley-laughing021: