Random Thought Theater

Pamigena

9 minutes ago, surimi said:

Probably envious. I know I would be. :laughing:

You know, since I was the only Asian (well, half Chinese) student in my school, everything that I brought from home, especially the food, fascinated them.

For my finalists trip, since we did not have money, we would organize buffets and such to earn money. When the group gathered to decide what to cook, they would always request spring rolls and fried noodles from me. I think my mom got a spring rolls trauma because of that :rofl:

45 minutes ago, Puniyo said:

You know, since I was the only Asian (well, half Chinese) student in my school, everything that I brought from home, especially the food, fascinated them.

I would have probably targetted you to become my best friend so that I could steal your food on a daily basis :rofl: But hey, I've got typical italian food, so it would have been an equal exchange. 

Non-related, since I listened to Umebayashi's The Room Of Light and Dark I can't get it out of my head. It's kind of a problem because it's such a beautiful, but hauntingly sad music. 

1 hour ago, kitsune said:

Today I woke up with a cramp in my leg. It's strange only this year that it started happening.:confused:

Your body might lack in calcium and magnesium.

I use glasses all the time and I hate it when it rains since I can't see well with all the water drops. I wish I could have a tiny automatic wiper (like the ones for cars) when it rains... :rofl:

My 16 year old cat is going through renal failure. It's been two weeks of intensive vet treatments, at home subcutaneous fluid injection where the both of us are traumatized. Yuzuru is my escape drug from the harsh reality of dealing with the reality of loosing a beloved pet.

*sorry for being Debbie Downer*

21 minutes ago, asiacheetah said:

My 16 year old cat is going through renal failure. It's been two weeks of intensive vet treatments, at home subcutaneous fluid injection where the both of us are traumatized. Yuzuru is my escape drug from the harsh reality of dealing with the reality of loosing a beloved pet.

So sorry for your cat ... I have an old cat too, she's 17, she had an eye problem but she's realtively healthy right now , thanks God!! 

2 hours ago, asiacheetah said:

I'm so sorry for your cat. :consoling2:

I used to own pets... not anymore since the apartment is not mine but I do understand how difficult is to see a beloved pet suffering. 

Ok, something funny I found on Tumblr and it brightened my day... I hope it will bring you a good laugh...

Best analogies from students from creative writing classes (7, 10 and 12 killed me :rofl:):

tumblr_lvi69zqrh71qindm1o1_500.png

Source: This is a reblog, of a reblog, of another reblog. Basically... if you know the source please tell me :free-random-smileys-838:

3, 5 and 10 are genuinely brilliant. But 5 has to be my favourite. Talented people! 

3 hours ago, asiacheetah said:

I don't know if you've thought about it, but getting a new cat might help. I think it will help me when my old cat will go. Because it makes me see things more clearly as they are, makes me live the balance between life and death with more peace - cats have fulfilling lives, their physical body lives up to not more than 20 years, and we can only think of them with fondness and accept that our longer lives will go on either way. Not more empty, because we felt love for a creature and that love made us better people. Of course, it's always painful. I'm sorry you're going through this hard times right now, and I wish you the most peaceful recovery. 

My favorites in Puniyo's list are 7 and 9. ^ ^

@asiacheetah,  I am sorry to hear about your cat. S/he's lucky to have such a loving master, and I'm sure she's had a beautiful cat life. Thinking along those lines helped me a lot when my family lost our cats. Ours never even turned 14, what a shame. FIP got them both first. :_( And I agree with Murieleirum, if it comes to the worst, there are always unfortunate animals waiting for a forever home (ours were adoptees), or new furry friends from breeders. Stay strong :grouphug:

4 hours ago, asiacheetah said:

I went through a similar hell last summer when my 13-year old cat had urinary problems with possible renal failure, and it was only through an operation that I was able to save him. Lots of money and a deleted holiday plan... but we did make it, but I thought more than once he'd die.

So I do understand you - and I had the same straw last year... Hugs!

5 hours ago, asiacheetah said:

I'm so sorry to her about your cat. I just lost my 15 year old cat this year after nursing him day and night for months. It's very physically and emotionally exhausting to go through and the vet visits can be so overwhelming. Whatever happens, I hope you two can still spend some happy moments together. Figure skating is a truly wonderful escape, though, so we're lucky to have that. :pbow: