Random Thought Theater

Pamigena

Hello everyone, I already posted this in another thread, because I couldn't find the cooking thread, but are there any Japanese people here who can recommend a good matcha tea brand? I know there is culinary, premium and ceremonial grade and I'm looking for: 

- a good ceremonial grade matcha tea

- a good non-ceremonial grade matcha tea I can drink every day

I was looking at amazon today and there are just so many misleading offers, like 'ceremonial-matcha' that is not ceremonial grade, or 'ceremonial grade' that is produced in china etc. etc. 

I heard Kyoto is a good place for matcha? What kind of matcha tea brands are popular and secure in Japan? Thanks a lot!   

So, there is a Russian Yuzu fan-group in Russian social networks, and although I am not a member of it, I sometimes check it. They have a playlist. I turned it on accidentally and forgot about it while listening to Japanese rock for fifteen minutes. But then suddenly Hisaishi started to play and I literally dropped my pen and almost choked on my coffee. I almost forgot how beautiful the music is.

On 11/5/2018 at 2:03 AM, LeadenMyr said:

It just dawned on me that it's highly unlikely I'll ever see Yuzu live and I'm sad. 

Sorry, I just needed to let it out.

Love you guys.

I don't know what the chances are that he will be at 4CC, but Anaheim, California is much closer than Europe or Montreal....let's hope he will show up there. 

5 minutes ago, Whee1000 said:

I don't know what the chances are that he will be at 4CC, but Anaheim, California is much closer than Europe or Montreal....let's hope he will show up there. 

It would be awesome, but I've tried to get a US visa 4 times already and well I guess they really don't wanna let me in :xD:

32 minutes ago, LeadenMyr said:

I guess they really don't wanna let me in :xD:

Are you applying for the first time or you had a visa before?

For first time, i'm convinced that it's random :rofl: i know people who have good, stable jobs, own a car and basically have a lot of ties to Mexico and no criminal record and they get their visa denied. And i know of cases of people who work minimum wage here (or don't work at all and are over 25), are in a very convenient position to go and work in agriculture (the pedestrian line to cross at about 3 or 4 in the morning is HUGE because of agriculture workers here) and they get their visa approved :shrug:

3 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

Are you applying for the first time or you had a visa before?

For first time, i'm convinced that it's random :rofl: i know people who have good, stable jobs, own a car and basically have a lot of ties to Mexico and no criminal record and they get their visa denied. And i know of cases of people who work minimum wage here (or don't work at all and are over 25), are in a very convenient position to go and work in agriculture (the pedestrian line to cross at about 3 or 4 in the morning is HUGE because of agriculture workers here) and they get their visa approved :shrug:

I applied for the first time about 8 years ago, I needed to go take a course and I was denied, then tried again in six months because I REALLY needed to take it, but it seemed it wasn't the best choice. Then again 2 years later, because of a seminar I wanted to go to, but denied again. The freaking last time about 4 years ago, I won a trip (an actual trip, with everything paid in advance and a letter from my company saying I had indeed won the trip and had everything waiting for me, plane tickets and hotel and all) and yep, still denied.

1 minute ago, LeadenMyr said:

I applied for the first time about 8 years ago, I needed to go take a course and I was denied, then tried again in six months because I REALLY needed to take it, but it seemed it wasn't the best choice. Then again 2 years later, because of a seminar I wanted to go to, but denied again. The freaking last time about 4 years ago, I won a trip (an actual trip, with everything paid in advance and a letter from my company saying I had indeed won the trip and had everything waiting for me, plane tickets and hotel and all) and yep, still denied.

Maybe you have REAAAALLY bad luck and there's someone with your name who did dodgy stuff and they think it was you :shrug: i've heard it happen.

3 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

Maybe you have REAAAALLY bad luck and there's someone with your name who did dodgy stuff and they think it was you :shrug: i've heard it happen.

I think it was my dad? Because everything seems to be going well and then they ask about my dad and in less than 3 minutes I get the slip (literally xD). But as far as I know he's just a regular guy, so maybe he's the one with the name thing. It could also be me, I'd wager my name is too weird, but stranger things have happened...

But really, I don't think they're gonna let me in with 4 previous rejections and the way things are right now, much less because I wanna see a certain sakura fairy :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:the previous reasons were far more "important"

1 minute ago, LeadenMyr said:

I think it was my dad? Because everything seems to be going well and then they ask about my dad and in less than 3 minutes I get the slip (literally xD). But as far as I know he's just a regular guy, so maybe he's the one with the name thing. It could also be me, I'd wager my name is too weird, but stranger things have happened...

But really, I don't think they're gonna let me in with 4 previous rejections and the way things are right now, much less because I wanna see a certain sakura fairy :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:the previous reasons were far more "important"

:13877886:the Sakura Faerie is the Reason to End All Reasons. It's important to your health and well being

A few weeks ago i was talking to my boyfriend and i told him something along the lines of "but you're three years younger than me!"

And he went:hihi: . Because he's actually a year younger. "Where did you get the three? Oh wait... Your meerkat, right?" (He calls Yuzu "Meerkat")

Worst thing: It was in front of his parents and sister:13877886: