Hey, remember us?

15 hours ago, kaeryth said:

Nobu... :rofl:

Shoutout to Australians @kaerb @SparkleSalad

LOL the dude sounded very British for a few seconds for some reason before the accent registered. Also Nobuuuu, he's so cute and happy (and his English pronunciation is really good!), how can anyone dislike him ; u ; 

It wasn't until I travelled to Europe did I realise what it felt like to be the clear 'tourist' in a foreign country (and no one ever gets shocked about the fact an Asian-looking foreigner can speak Japanese lol) :laughing:

((also someone shared the full Hyoen broadcast on Twitter))

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxiGlo5CYrEWQncwaV9veGxlUzQ/view

5 hours ago, kaerb said:

((also someone shared the full Hyoen broadcast on Twitter))

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxiGlo5CYrEWQncwaV9veGxlUzQ/view

Thank you for this- I'm at home with a disgusting cold and was going to watch the JGP but got the time wrong - this will tide me over nicely and I missed it at the weekend.:smile:

Well that was quite a spectacle!  Couldn't understand a word but the good v evil was pretty clear.  The costumes were amazing and the ...mapping? really made an outstanding show.  Arakawa :heart:

Posted yesterday in a wrong thread (Team we´re fewer but still good) about Kiira Korpi taking part in an upcoming film about Sonja Henie´s life. I continue here a little bit because just read two interesting interviews of Kiira. She tells there about her preparations for the film, for being the skating stunt in Sonja´s role. The skating is in a big role in the film.

Kiira started the work already in May by watching old footage of Sonja´s skating. First she thought it will be easy to do the tricks and skate like her but when she started to practice them on the ice she realized how different and difficult it was. She felt like she had to forget everything she has learned before. The director Anne Sewitsky wants everything in the film to be authentic, also the skating. So Kiira has learned to do old time twirls and jumps, getting up on the toe picks here and there and making cross-overs with waving her arms at the same time. She started to practice for her role in her old home rink in Tampere at the same practice session of her former coach´s current group. The coach kept telling to her skaters not to look at Kiira and not to do things like she was doing there.

When asked is there anything similar between Sonja and her, Kiira´s answer was the strong will to achieve perfection. She also thought that as a child she was skating with the same kind of joy as Sonja was skating in the beginning of her career. 

Kiira was asked to do the role in addition to her ability to skate and experience of performing also because she and Ine Wilmann, another Sonja there and leading actress of the film, look alike.

The shootings of the film are continuing at the moment in Romania for five weeks and the film should be ready in December 2018.

Here´s the link for an article. It is in Finnish but it includes also a link for a footage of Sonja in 1934 European championships, if someone wants to have a look.

https://www.aamulehti.fi/viihde/kiira-korpi-valmistautuu-elokuvarooliin-tuntuu-etta-minun-on-pitanyt-heittaa-romukoppaan-kaikki-mita-olen-oppinut-200342891/

3 hours ago, Lyyli said:

Posted yesterday in a wrong thread (Team we´re fewer but still good) about Kiira Korpi taking part in an upcoming film about Sonja Henie´s life. I continue here a little bit because just read two interesting interviews of Kiira. She tells there about her preparations for the film, for being the skating stunt in Sonja´s role. The skating is in a big role in the film.

Kiira started the work already in May by watching old footage of Sonja´s skating. First she thought it will be easy to do the tricks and skate like her but when she started to practice them on the ice she realized how different and difficult it was. She felt like she had to forget everything she has learned before. The director Anne Sewitsky wants everything in the film to be authentic, also the skating. So Kiira has learned to do old time twirls and jumps, getting up on the toe picks here and there and making cross-overs with waving her arms at the same time. She started to practice for her role in her old home rink in Tampere at the same practice session of her former coach´s current group. The coach kept telling to her skaters not to look at Kiira and not to do things like she was doing there.

When asked is there anything similar between Sonja and her, Kiira´s answer was the strong will to achieve perfection. She also thought that as a child she was skating with the same kind of joy as Sonja was skating in the beginning of her career. 

Kiira was asked to do the role in addition to her ability to skate and experience of performing also because she and Ine Wilmann, another Sonja there and leading actress of the film, look alike.

The shootings of the film are continuing at the moment in Romania for five weeks and the film should be ready in December 2018.

Here´s the link for an article. It is in Finnish but it includes also a link for a footage of Sonja in 1934 European championships, if someone wants to have a look.

https://www.aamulehti.fi/viihde/kiira-korpi-valmistautuu-elokuvarooliin-tuntuu-etta-minun-on-pitanyt-heittaa-romukoppaan-kaikki-mita-olen-oppinut-200342891/

I hope they'll release the film internationally!