Accessing Japanese TV online

28 minutes ago, msginnymoon said:

If anyone knows where we can pay to have replays, please do so. I'm on the opposite side of the world and after a hectic week at work there is no chance I'll wake up at 4am to watch the comp (I like to watch the whole thing for comparison)...

Ok, I may have figured how to watch a little more, but I don't think there is any channel on Muji TV playing the whole comp.

Parts of it will be under HD tv - BS Fuji HD and parts of it will be under Kanto area TV - Fuji TV (I set Google translate to automatically translate pages in Japanese and these are the tabs I get).

I hope this helps

2 hours ago, msginnymoon said:

Ok, I may have figured how to watch a little more, but I don't think there is any channel on Muji TV playing the whole comp.

Parts of it will be under HD tv - BS Fuji HD and parts of it will be under Kanto area TV - Fuji TV (I set Google translate to automatically translate pages in Japanese and these are the tabs I get).

I hope this helps

thanks!

btw ill be downloading all replays and posting them here

https://planethanyu.com/video/browse/113-2021-japanese-nationals/

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Some info for subscribing to JapanTV:

You can also subscribe to JapanTV here: https://japanesetvsystem.square.site/japantv

Instructions for navigating JapanTV. Cross-posting from the 2022 FaOI Makuhari thread:

@Wintek posted:

Hi! I am adding a link to a picture with instructions, hope this helps make the process of navigating Japan TV easier. The arrows to display the options are very hard to see.

1. Open Japan TV
  2. If you don't get the lists of channel at the left side of the screen, click anywhere on the screen and the menu will be displayed.
  3. To find CS Asahi Channel 2 easier, select where it says CS. Asahi Chanel 2 is a blueish/cyan color.
  4. Click on the icon, then look for a small white arrow to open the guide of shows and select which one you want to watch. BTW, there are past FaOIs that were re-broadcast during golden week, as well as Continues with Wings and  Music with Wings (all in CS Asahi Ch 2).

See picture with instructions

1 hour ago, LiaRy said:

If I get the 1 month subscription for Japan TV Standard after the 3-day test expires, can I still use the same e-mail and login details as the trial?

I haven't tried it yet, so I can't be 100% sure, but from what I've understood from the web I'd say yes, since they are two different types of subscriptions. With the only one that cannot be repeated mail is with the 3-day subscription.

12 minutes ago, Anabel said:

I haven't tried it yet, so I can't be 100% sure, but from what I've understood from the web I'd say yes, since they are two different types of subscriptions. With the only one that cannot be repeated mail is with the 3-day subscription.

I thought so, too. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

I have been using ForJoyTV to watch Fantasy on Ice and it has the BS and CS Asahi channels on it. It was a bit cryptic to sign up and non really user friendly , but their customer service does respond to queries within 24-48 hours.  They have 1, 3, 6 and 12 month subscriptions.  I paid $27 for the one-month subscription. It does not have any of the terrestrial channels we need like Kansai TV and some others

https://forjoytv.com/subscriptions    (scroll down the site page)

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/2/2022 at 1:04 PM, Anabel said:

Another Fanyu that I know did exactly that and it worked. I don't remember though if she also used VPN to hide her IP.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Does anyone know if there's a way around YoiTV of re-using one free code more than two times? I've used the same code twice with different passwords and it worked. Then when I tried for a 3rd month, the same code introduced with a 3rd different password gave me the error of already existing account. However, I'm 90% sure that the 3rd try on my Android (a 3rd password with the same free code) worked after I uninstalled then re-installed the app after 24 hours or something like this. I'm wondering if anyone experienced something similar.

There's no way to pay for the subscription for me since I can't click on the tabs directing me to subscribe, so that's why I'm asking.

5 hours ago, LiaRy said:

Does anyone know if there's a way around YoiTV of re-using one free code more than two times? I've used the same code twice with different passwords and it worked. Then when I tried for a 3rd month, the same code introduced with a 3rd different password gave me the error of already existing account. However, I'm 90% sure that the 3rd try on my Android (a 3rd password with the same free code) worked after I uninstalled then re-installed the app after 24 hours or something like this. I'm wondering if anyone experienced something similar.

There's no way to pay for the subscription for me since I can't click on the tabs directing me to subscribe, so that's why I'm asking.

You just have to send an email to [email protected] telling them that your free trial has expired and your ID and they automatically renew it. It seems that the payment subscription still does not work and as long as it is so they renew the free trial if you ask them.

@LiaRy  I am on my third round with YoiTV.  I use the same code/USER ID number every time but there is usually no re-inputting involved. You just have to write to them each time and ask for them to reactivate your user ID for another month.  So far, once they confirm they have reactivated it, you can usually just open the app as usual and it will work. I use the desktop version so I cannot comment on Android app. Their email to request the renewal is: [email protected]

Send them your user ID in the email requesting renewal. 

SMBqrLZ.jpg

Sorry, @Anabel and I replied at the same time.