The Planet's BTS Fan Club

rockstaryuzu

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Why does this remind me of A-ha's "Take On Me"?

It's that little intro music.  I LOVE "Take on Me".  It's the only A-ha thing I have but it's so up/  I'm really looking forward to their new album.  and the MV's

And Yoongi for Samsung.  I just bought a new Samsung TV.  Not because of him. I like Samsung - and my old one just went dead.  Dead dead.  On Saturday night.  New one gets here today.    I do wonder how the guys promotions - as "ambassadors" or spokesmen - works while they are serving.  Was it a flat fee or do they get residuals?

And Jimin saying there is a song coming (and, hey, where is Jimin???) - it occurred to me last night that this one song might well be like "On the Street" and, even, "Astronaut" as his single to say good-bye for now to ARMY.  Both those songs were clear messages about how they care and that they'll be back for ARMY.  In a way, Yoongi's Life Goes On works for that, too.  

:facepalm:  :animated-smileys-embarrassed-23:  Now that I see the submissions, I've lost hope for a nomination beyond JK for Pop Duo/Group

Why the hell didn't they submit Jack in the Box for all the Alternative rock categories? "On the Street" will probably automatically get ruled out for not being a pop song. Why didn't they submit it in melodic rap?

Suga will likely get ruled out in favor of all the Western artists submitting for the rap categories

Jimin unfortunately will be in JK's shadow, if, by some miracle, the panel can get past Kpop

Jin should have been submitted for rock. I understand that it's borderline, but it's plausible in either rock or pop and, of course, he's going to get pushed aside for Western artists.

RM - same issue. Honestly, not sure what category he belongs in, but he has no shot in the pop category. It's probably the one category where being artsy won't get him any sway.

And unfortunately, V just didn't make enough of an impact in the US, even though this isn't supposed to be an American award.

I'm just going to hope that one of them gets a nomination for music video. It's a minor category so they might allow one of them to get that, but the win doesn't seem to have anything to do with quality of the video. 

Grammy submissions:

https://www.onthebulletin.com/2024-grammys-watch/official-submissions-list

Agust D

• D-Day – Rap Album

• “Haegeum” – Rap Performance, Music Video

J-Hope

• “On the Street” — Pop Duo/Group Performance, Music Video

Jimin

• Face – Pop Vocal Album

• “Like Crazy” – ROTY, SOTY, Pop Solo Performance, Music Video

• “Angel, Pt. 1” – Pop Duo/Group Performance

Jin

• “The Astronaut” — Pop Solo Performance, Music Video

Jung Kook

• “Seven” – ROTY, SOTY, Pop Duo/Group Performance, Music Video

RM

• Indigo – Pop Vocal Album

• “Wild Flower” – Pop Duo/Group Performance, Music Video

V

• Layover – Pop Vocal Album

• “Slow Dancing” – Pop Solo Performance, Music Video

6 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

:smiley-happy093:

if i watch the video without sound its great, amazing looks and a cool concept.....but when i hear it with music, it doesn't work for me.

i really hope i'm wrong, but currently i'm not sold on this song, especially as a title track. it has nothing to do with the other tracks, only back for more fits with this song (sound wise), but maybe we only got to hear the least exciting snippet? who knows.....

I will support them and look forward to the album, couse everything else sounds great. hope i will get a good surprise on friday and say, im wrong, its an amazing title track.

5 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Why does this remind me of A-ha's "Take On Me"?

because the music part before chasing that feeling really sounds like it:headdesk:. it has a 80s pop/synth sound.....this will be an interesting song for sure.....

2 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

:facepalm:  :animated-smileys-embarrassed-23:  Now that I see the submissions, I've lost hope for a nomination beyond JK for Pop Duo/Group

Why the hell didn't they submit Jack in the Box for all the Alternative rock categories? "On the Street" will probably automatically get ruled out for not being a pop song. Why didn't they submit it in melodic rap?

Suga will likely get ruled out in favor of all the Western artists submitting for the rap categories

Jimin unfortunately will be in JK's shadow, if, by some miracle, the panel can get past Kpop

Jin should have been submitted for rock. I understand that it's borderline, but it's plausible in either rock or pop and, of course, he's going to get pushed aside for Western artists.

RM - same issue. Honestly, not sure what category he belongs in, but he has no shot in the pop category. It's probably the one category where being artsy won't get him any sway.

And unfortunately, V just didn't make enough of an impact in the US, even though this isn't supposed to be an American award.

I'm just going to hope that one of them gets a nomination for music video. It's a minor category so they might allow one of them to get that, but the win doesn't seem to have anything to do with quality of the video. 

Grammy submissions:

https://www.onthebulletin.com/2024-grammys-watch/official-submissions-list

Agust D

• D-Day – Rap Album

• “Haegeum” – Rap Performance, Music Video

J-Hope

• “On the Street” — Pop Duo/Group Performance, Music Video

Jimin

• Face – Pop Vocal Album

• “Like Crazy” – ROTY, SOTY, Pop Solo Performance, Music Video

• “Angel, Pt. 1” – Pop Duo/Group Performance

Jin

• “The Astronaut” — Pop Solo Performance, Music Video

Jung Kook

• “Seven” – ROTY, SOTY, Pop Duo/Group Performance, Music Video

RM

• Indigo – Pop Vocal Album

• “Wild Flower” – Pop Duo/Group Performance, Music Video

V

• Layover – Pop Vocal Album

• “Slow Dancing” – Pop Solo Performance, Music Video

I feel like the guys are changing up their approach to the Grammys and going with the carpet-bombing approach this year - basically, hit everything with everything and odds are, you hit at least one target. 

Not sure if that's the way to go.

Also, Suga should have submitted one of his D-Day tour performances for 'best live performance' because i've never seen anything like that show. It would win. 

About categories: both V and RM could have fit into a jazz, adult contemporary, or lounge music type of category. Agree that JitB would be good in the alternative category. And Hobipalooza should have gotten a nom for live performance. 

Agree that Jin should have leaned into the Coldplay thing and submitted in Rock, but The Astronaut is not a rock song

Imho, Jimin should have submitted LC as a dance track

And why have none of them submitted anything for songwriting!?

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I feel like the guys are changing up their approach to the Grammys and going with the carpet-bombing approach this year - basically, hit everything with everything and odds are, you hit at least one target. 

Not sure if that's the way to go.

Also, Suga should have submitted one of his D-Day tour performances for 'best live performance' because i've never seen anything like that show. It would win. 

About categories: both V and RM could have fit into a jazz, adult contemporary, or lounge music type of category. Agree that JitB would be good in the alternative category. And Hobipalooza should have gotten a nom for live performance. 

Agree that Jin should have leaned into the Coldplay thing and submitted in Rock, but The Astronaut is not a rock song

Imho, Jimin should have submitted LC as a dance track

And why have none of them submitted anything for songwriting!?

It's a total bafflement - Who actually submitted those?  It's like no thought was given to it at all, but maybe they've been burned so many times that they don't care ("we ain't about it".)  No writer nominations

And why not Chapter Two at all?