The Planet's BTS Fan Club

rockstaryuzu

21 hours ago, barbara said:

And I forgot about this.  Apparently some chunk of ARMY is planning a Fake Love comeback.  I kind of like that there are influential ARMY twitter groups making sure that BTS has an older song suddenly jump in the charts.  I think Danger was last month...

By the way, did Danger chart? Were Army successful?

3 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

:smiley-shocked032:

Hmmm....did not expect this to be a part of their tasks. Isn't Namjoon also doing border dutys in the mountains?🤔

3 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

:smiley-shocked032:

I wish they wouldn't have used the term "most evil". That's clearly a poor translation when what they mean is probably "most difficult" or "most dangerous".

Come to think of it, they sent RM off into the mountains, too. 

My guess is these bases are really isolated, so at least there won't be any fans trying to follow them there. 

What an assignment. Will we even recognize him when he comes back?  Stay safe, Tae.

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I wish they wouldn't have used the term "most evil". That's clearly a poor translation when what they mean is probably "most difficult" or "most dangerous".

Come to think of it, they sent RM off into the mountains, too. 

My guess is these bases are really isolated, so at least there won't be any fans trying to follow them there. 

What an assignment. Will we even recognize him when he comes back?  Stay safe, Tae.

Jin, Jimin and JK are in the north, too.  RM's base is near the border, but Tae is going to be on the actual border.  North Korea has been very very aggressive lately, with missiles, but also with reinforcing their border and guard posts.  I read that only a very few recruits get sent to this unit but I still wonder if, after being in the military and no longer having a say, if he'd have chosen this posting or if he had no choice.  I wouldn't want to put a freshly out of training camp recruit in such a serious position.  

I guess, yes, little chance any ARMY shows up at the most northern bases, but they have shown up where the three J's are.  I just hope that all five of them get extra days off because of the added risk and, especially for Tae, added danger.

2 hours ago, barbara said:

I wouldn't want to put a freshly out of training camp recruit in such a serious position.  

I agree but maybe he did really well in training? And they have an open spot to fill? 

2 hours ago, barbara said:

just hope that all five of them get extra days off because of the added risk and, especially for Tae, added danger.

Wouldn't surprise me if Tae chose this because it makes his service time shorter

Also, so far I can only find this reported by that one Tae solo account... currently looking for independent sources...

Edit: found this. Don't know if this is referring to the same place as the post above, but military police is a whole different animal from regular military. 

17 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Wouldn't surprise me if Tae chose this because it makes his service time shorter

Also, so far I can only find this reported by that one Tae solo account... currently looking for independent sources...

Edit: found this. Don't know if this is referring to the same place as the post above, but military police is a whole different animal from regular military. 

OK, and I found this and it makes it sound like Tae will not actually be trudging along the demarkation zone - and who knows what source to trust? 

https://www.sportskeeda.com/pop-culture/news-i-proud-you-fans-laud-bts-taehyung-set-deploy-2nd-army-corps-chuncheon-gangwon-province

and - more record setting-

https://www.sportskeeda.com/pop-culture/news-bangtan-style-bts-becomes-1st-act-history-song-reaching-1-world-digital-song-sales-chart-consecutively-9-years

13 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

There is something about this that I don't like.  Maybe it would be illuminating as it is Hybe - but has to be fictionalized.  We have already been invited in to see so much of their interaction with each other and, while we also know that some of that was sort of manufactured, it was them.  It will probably do really well, but....

20 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Having read the English version of the HYYH 'Notes', I am not exactly looking forward to this. Have a feeling it will bring the 'drama' part of K-drama, in spades, and have a lot of heart-wrenching parts.