The Planet's BTS Fan Club

rockstaryuzu

2 hours ago, Faithyu said:

Information on who is serving/going to serve where.

Isn't one of the reasons Jin had chosen this base is because it's considered a"hardship" base and soldiers serving there get more days off?  I don't remember, but I think that's the case.Hope so..... and I'm so glad they stay together......

I love that all four almost immediately posted for ARMY.  And,as we all had kind of guessed, Namjoon now admits that it was fear that delayed his entry into the military. i appreciate his candor to us and to the public in Korea. I think that will be beneficial or many young men in Korea who share that fear.

5 hours ago, Luminous said:

An actual letter... in this day and age.... makes my heart flutter....:love:

Also, I love the way he not-so-subtly brags to us about JK still being good at everything,  even in the military. Jimin is definitely JK's #1 fan

2 hours ago, barbara said:

Namjoon now admits that it was fear that delayed his entry into the military. i appreciate his candor to us and to the public in Korea. I think that will be beneficial or many young men in Korea who share that fear.

Perhaps so, but his 'video letter' thingy where he says that, makes me feel a bit weird. Something about it doesn't feel right. I have to wonder why he chose to go public in this way - doesn't seem at all like him

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Perhaps so, but his 'video letter' thingy where he says that, makes me feel a bit weird. Something about it doesn't feel right. I have to wonder why he chose to go public in this way - doesn't seem at all like him

i thought it was a bit off for him, but maybe he had an epiphany now that he's in.  Maybe there were a lot of questions about this (we certainly wondered) and he read them or maybe heard them from some of the young men in his barracks or unit.  It may be not like him, as we know him, but I should think it would offer a lot of comfort to young men who are also afraid.  And I bet there are lots of them -

This article contains the # for writing the members on Weverse.  i'd love to know what is up the with 'Army" app that makes it possible to write letters directly to military members (the same site that has been forbidden by BigHit from putting any photos off the members up-). I am trying to figure out the app and then, I believe, you have to know what base each individual is at.  Anyone tried this yet?   Also - Jimin, never misses an opportunity to praise other members, especially Jungkook.  It is no surprise he is doing great - the man was all muscle before he showed up.  Is Jin allowed to report on how they are doing or is it against protocol because of his position?

https://www.wionews.com/entertainment/bts-military-service-update-bighit-music-requests-fans-to-not-send-gifts-to-military-barracks-680153

On 1/17/2024 at 4:29 PM, barbara said:

Isn't one of the reasons Jin had chosen this base is because it's considered a"hardship" base and soldiers serving there get more days off?  I don't remember, but I think that's the case.Hope so..... and I'm so glad they stay together......

I love that all four almost immediately posted for ARMY.  And,as we all had kind of guessed, Namjoon now admits that it was fear that delayed his entry into the military. i appreciate his candor to us and to the public in Korea. I think that will be beneficial or many young men in Korea who share that fear.

He doesn't say he postponed out of fear. Just that there were some worries and fears, because he is ten years older then most of the others😉.

Also, the speach seems to be cut a bit? But not 100% sure.

1 minute ago, rockstaryuzu said:

As handsome as they are in uniform, both RM and JK have this distinctly bored look in their eyes with these photos. Can't say I blame them!

JK doesn't look remotely happy, but maybe is just bored. (and his post on Weverse really doesn't give away anything about how he's feeling.) I'm guessing it's Jimin's dad and brother with him in the picture.  And I wonder why #59 and #60 were not together during the graduation ceremony.  Must have been alphabetical.