The Planet's BTS Fan Club

rockstaryuzu

11 hours ago, barbara said:

First time I've seen the release info mentioned and that Jin and Hobi will be doing individual activities when they get out.  I would hope that both would take at least a short time to do nothing but visiting family (and fishing, for Jin).  Hobi will almost certainly want to get right back to dancing.

This doesn't surprise me. One thing that was obvious about their enlistment plan was that they were trying to minimize down time in order to keep the momentum going. One of the big fears of the entertainment industry is that they'll be forgotten if they spend too much time out of the spotlight. At Festa, they stated that Jin's album would be last, which meant that he'd release while the rest are on in the military. I just hope that ARMY shows Jin the same support that they showed the Maknae line, which has traditionally not been the case. 

8 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

This is really cool. I've always liked Usher. And what's this? They filmed a performance, too?? wow

7 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

This remix is LIT!!! Usher's voice suits perfectly with JK, they need to do more stuff! 

JK is really a voice chameleon. He sounds great with anyone. I think I still like the original better but I'm thrilled for JK that he gets to work with his childhood idols. I'm personally going to resist learning about Usher as a person so that I don't find anything to dislike.

I read that the Companion soldier program is there to try to encourage people to enlist that may be otherwise afraid to do so. I'm unsure whether they get to stay together after boot camp. They get transferred to their permanent base after basic training but some are saying that it's random at that point and others are saying that they get moved together.

The disadvantage of companion soldiers is that only some bases accept them. The advantage of it is that they get to choose which base they want to go to. The Front Line has an acceptance rate of 2.5:1, indicating that it is one of the least desired places to serve, so it's pretty clear that JK/Jimin only chose that base because Jin is there, which really warms my heart - not that I had any doubt at all for their love of their Jin hyung. Now that I've read more about the military - it makes total sense that Jin was sent to the Front Line (and I have doubts about him being sent there randomly) - it's one of the hardest and most important bases. It's in the Korean military's interest to try to encourage people to apply there.

JK/Jimin are also held back because they have visible tattoos. Not all units will accept them and they're not eligible for higher positions, no matter how well they do.

One thing I'm concerned about Tae serving in the special forces is that it's the unit that most closely serves the president, making me wonder if he'd be the most susceptible to being used while in service. But the latter is pure speculation on my part.

I guess I don't know why you think Tae is softer than the rest. Do you mean physically? Maybe, but he's still insanely fit compared to the average person. If you mean mentally - I disagree. Tae is one of the most independent of the members and they've all had to train under years of brutal conditions. The only thing I'm concerned about with the members is how well they'd do without each other - to me, the ones that I thought would struggle the most are Jin, Jimin, and JK - Jin flourished and Jk/Jimin have each other + their hyung.

On a lighter note, logically, you'd think that this should effectively sink some ships, but shipping is more of an emotional thing. The JinKookers and JiKookers are ecstatic. The JiKookers are smugly celebrating the end of TaeKook and TaeKookers are apparently scrambling trying to spread information that JK/Jimin had to serve together because of their tattoos or something. Haven't seen anything by TaeJin'ers and the other ships aren't that big

38 minutes ago, Old Cat Lady said:

This doesn't surprise me. One thing that was obvious about their enlistment plan was that they were trying to minimize down time in order to keep the momentum going. One of the big fears of the entertainment industry is that they'll be forgotten if they spend too much time out of the spotlight. At Festa, they stated that Jin's album would be last, which meant that he'd release while the rest are on in the military. I just hope that ARMY shows Jin the same support that they showed the Maknae line, which has traditionally not been the case. 

JK is really a voice chameleon. He sounds great with anyone. I think I still like the original better but I'm thrilled for JK that he gets to work with his childhood idols. I'm personally going to resist learning about Usher as a person so that I don't find anything to dislike.

I read that the Companion soldier program is there to try to encourage people to enlist that may be otherwise afraid to do so. I'm unsure whether they get to stay together after boot camp. They get transferred to their permanent base after basic training but some are saying that it's random at that point and others are saying that they get moved together.

The disadvantage of companion soldiers is that only some bases accept them. The advantage of it is that they get to choose which base they want to go to. The Front Line has an acceptance rate of 2.5:1, indicating that it is one of the least desired places to serve, so it's pretty clear that JK/Jimin only chose that base because Jin is there, which really warms my heart - not that I had any doubt at all for their love of their Jin hyung. Now that I've read more about the military - it makes total sense that Jin was sent to the Front Line (and I have doubts about him being sent there randomly) - it's one of the hardest and most important bases. It's in the Korean military's interest to try to encourage people to apply there.

JK/Jimin are also held back because they have visible tattoos. Not all units will accept them and they're not eligible for higher positions, no matter how well they do.

One thing I'm concerned about Tae serving in the special forces is that it's the unit that most closely serves the president, making me wonder if he'd be the most susceptible to being used while in service. But the latter is pure speculation on my part.

I guess I don't know why you think Tae is softer than the rest. Do you mean physically? Maybe, but he's still insanely fit compared to the average person. If you mean mentally - I disagree. Tae is one of the most independent of the members and they've all had to train under years of brutal conditions. The only thing I'm concerned about with the members is how well they'd do without each other - to me, the ones that I thought would struggle the most are Jin, Jimin, and JK - Jin flourished and Jk/Jimin have each other + their hyung.

On a lighter note, logically, you'd think that this should effectively sink some ships, but shipping is more of an emotional thing. The JinKookers and JiKookers are ecstatic. The JiKookers are smugly celebrating the end of TaeKook and TaeKookers are apparently scrambling trying to spread information that JK/Jimin had to serve together because of their tattoos or something. Haven't seen anything by TaeJin'ers and the other ships aren't that big

I have no doubts about Tae's mental abilities.  And I don't think he'll be "used".  The military seem determined to be "fair" and to not take advantage (re:Hobi), but we'll see,

I thought the base near the front lines allowed for more days off (?).  And Jin is still there - after basic training.  I suspect that if you go there, you stay there.  Also wonder if any of the Wooga squad have been in the unit Tae seems to have chosen.

I understand that there will be concern that Jin (and Hobi) have not been as supported by ARMY as the Maknae line - but ARMY is going to be hungry for BTS content, even if solo, so I hope Jin gets more support than he did before he enlisted.

Anyone have a clue what this is?

Oh - the PtD release....it almost looks like they will have a hard copy for sale... I am wondering if one buys this , with the digital code, does one get the digital code immediately?  Or is that something you won't see until they ship (which is January - but the content is available now)???

3 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

I guess I don't know why you think Tae is softer than the rest.

I meant emotionally. I think he's very soft-hearted in his own way. I didn't at all mean that he wouldn't be able to handle the training. I just don't think he'd find the day-to-day of such a job very much to his liking. I can't picture him doing things like counter-terrorism SWAT work and so on - unless it was to wheedle the weapons off the perpetrators.  'Tata mic face' may well be more convincing than any gun.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I'm not convinced as to the veracity of all this information that's being lesked so I'm going to wait for the ofgicial word from BigHit

Also, the whole thing about Jin choosing a front-line base, I thought,  was because it's the shortest possible way to do service.

30 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

No TXT???

And, as I asked earlier - this is the tweet I saw that makes it seem that one can order PtD special in hard copy form - which is something @rockstaryuzu has siad she'd like to see.  But the content is supposedly available now with digital code. Even if you purchase digital  - does a buyer have to wait another month to get a digital code for the content?

Has anyone bought this yet? (Or pre-ordered?)

5 hours ago, barbara said:

Anyone have a clue what this is?

Banners for Seventeens Follow Tour in japan. One will be live streamed in cinemas around the globe. Sadly i can't go, even if I have a cinema nearby that shows it🫤.

9 minutes ago, barbara said:

No TXT???

They hold their concert😉

Txt already uploaded the mama dance practice. It's so good that we get these things, you see how great it could have looked with the right camera work. The only "good" thing is, mama does a bad job filming dance breaks and performances with many artists. 

And on that note, I will go watch some of bts mama and mma performances:popcorn:.

So, I'm finally ready to try writing a "fan letter" (or three, which is how many I think we can do).  I click on the "fan letter" on the Artist page and I get to see other peoples letters.  When I click on "my" it correctly says that I haven't written one.  So how do I? 

I know that someone has tried it and I remember reading that the space to write is limited, but I wanted to send three off before the four are gone (one for Jin, though, with his birthday coming up...).

I am stymied.