The Planet's BTS Fan Club

rockstaryuzu

6 hours ago, Faithyu said:

Military Talk:

Hide contents

When I saw the news about JK working in the kitchen and beeing a cook, I was like "ok, yeah, fine".

And today it hit me like "wait, what?!?". This fit, strong and physical active guy was placed into the kitchen??? Did not expect this at all. I try not to read anything into it, but I don't think anyone would have expected him in such a position.

Spoiler

I can actually see it well. JK is athletic yes, but that doesn't automatically translate into being comfortable while around guns and all of that. We've all been stereotyping him all along and assumed he would crush everyone while in the MS but it's not everyone's cup of tea.

This is a more personal take but and not one that I attribute directly to JK, but ideologies can also affect your performance. If you're heavily against the mandatory MS, you just don't end up putting in as much effort as the other people maybe. I know I would, I would do the bare minimum.

40 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

Military stuff.

Hide contents

I don't think this one needs to be under a spoiler. It was Namjoon himself who shared it on his IG:peace:

Sorry if my "I don't care about seeing anything military related unless it's posted by the guys" stance kinda ruined it for you. Didn't mean to suppress the small amount of info we get from them during this time. 

1 hour ago, Whoopiewoop said:

Sorry if my "I don't care about seeing anything military related unless it's posted by the guys" stance kinda ruined it for you. Didn't mean to suppress the small amount of info we get from them during this time. 

Hey, none of that! You're not ruining anything for anyone!!! The information is still getting shared, so everything is fine💜:hugs:

8 hours ago, Faithyu said:

The whole Interview.

Military Talk:

Hide contents

When I saw the news about JK working in the kitchen and beeing a cook, I was like "ok, yeah, fine".

And today it hit me like "wait, what?!?". This fit, strong and physical active guy was placed into the kitchen??? Did not expect this at all. I try not to read anything into it, but I don't think anyone would have expected him in such a position.

Spoiler

I wasn't surprised about the cooking duty. We know that JK enjoys cooking and is also competitive. Since he isn't allowed to rise in ranks or do specialized roles because of his tattoos, it makes sense that he'd want to do something in his interests. And JK has said previously that he's not good at things if he's not interested in the subject. 

I read that he's the kitchen lead so, if true, means that he's putting his competitive spirit at work there.

And kitchen work, especially at that volume, is really hard work and requires a lot of strength so they could use someone as fit as him.

2 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Military stuff.

Reveal hidden contents

Joonie is cuter than ever. Good to see him  looking happy

On 3/20/2024 at 4:57 PM, ralucutzagy said:

He did and sadly there was no filming bc Jin and Yoongi were there too and well the whole military bs

So it was either private, or we'll see it someday after they're all out.

So are the photos that Namjoon keeps posting of his squad really of his military band? Is that rumour true, then? 'Cuz it totally looks like he's just gone and founded a military version of BTS....can't send him anywhere, he just starts a band 🤣

Spoiler
9 hours ago, Faithyu said:

today it hit me like "wait, what?!?". This fit, strong and physical active guy was placed into the kitchen??? Did not expect this at all. I try not to read anything into it, but I don't think anyone would have expected him in such a position.

From reading the translated comments of knetizens who've served in that xapacity in the military, it's actually a highly physically demanding, laborious and important job. The cooks work longer hiurs, have less personal time, and still have to be fighting soldiers on top of everything. JK being a cook has won him immense respect amongst Korean men

2 hours ago, Whoopiewoop said:

Sorry if my "I don't care about seeing anything military related unless it's posted by the guys" stance kinda ruined it for you. Didn't mean to suppress the small amount of info we get from them during this time

No need to apologize

10 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

So it was either private, or we'll see it someday after they're all out.

So are the photos that Namjoon keeps posting of his squad really of his military band? Is that rumour true, then? 'Cuz it totally looks like he's just gone and founded a military version of BTS....can't send him anywhere, he just starts a band 🤣

JK's Golden listening party was private, but private like Hobi's JitB listening party was - invitation only.  It wasn't just BIgHit people.  There were lots of their friends there.  

As far as I can tell, Jimin is the only member who is actively working with munitions - but big ones, like cannons.  While all of them knew that they would one day have to serve, I don't think any of them were keen to pick up weapons.  Korean little boys don't play 'army' and gun play like boys in the US do.  Maybe because it's far more real there.  And certainly we have such a sick gun culture here but they don't there.  I hope each of them are staying sane and relatively happy while serving.  JK certainly had his choices restricted because of his tattoos - and I bet he wasn't thinking this far down the line when he started covering his arm with ink.  And he was also fresh off insane global success when he enlisted.  Truly ripped away at a major peak in his career..

1 hour ago, barbara said:

As far as I can tell, Jimin is the only member who is actively working with munitions - but big ones, like cannons.

So he's in artillery. I hope he's religious about wearing ear protection. 

10 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

So he's in artillery. I hope he's religious about wearing ear protection. 

Perhaps I'll use up one of this months free fan letters to write a short note to Jimin about his hearing - but, much as they have said the members receive the letters, I wonder if that's true. I hope it is.  Maybe we'll find out once Jin is back and he mentions it in a Live, that he received so many fan letters or something.... and I should i]use the third free one to ask him, since he has left no March ARMY short message and will be out in 83 or 84 days.

On 3/22/2024 at 6:31 PM, rockstaryuzu said:

nah, that was a fake with the band, but a cute thought😁.