2019–20 Coronavirus Pandemic (COVID-19) Thread

Figure_Frenzy

13 minutes ago, Paskud said:

Why not?:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:

For what other reason he would be at JNats?

I mean like how the newspapers only put his name on the title:embSwan: and it's confirmed?

I don't know how to clearly explain what I wanna say I apologize:tumblr_inline_mzx8t1Yuvn1r8msi5:

I was overwhelmed by how World's bubble is like. Still hoped they cancel it, though it sounds impossible now

3 minutes ago, YuzuNekozuu said:

I mean like how the newspapers only put his name on the title:embSwan: and it's confirmed?

I don't know how to clearly explain what I wanna say I apologize:tumblr_inline_mzx8t1Yuvn1r8msi5:

I was overwhelmed by how World's bubble is like. Still hoped they cancel it, though it sounds impossible now

His name is there for clicks, notifications and peoples attention. They do it (not only sponichi) every now and then in articles not directly related to him.

I don't think sponichi knows anything new about Zu's desire to go to worlds. He was at JNats, he is oficially in worlds team, he not refused (like he did in past with 4cc), so they can put his name in articles about worlds. For clicks.

I also hope they will cancel worlds.

1 hour ago, barbara said:

Because he wanted to skate; he didn't have to leave his own country; and #1 He wanted his title back.

Because he had no choice.

If I were to speak frankly, if it were based on my own personal considerations, where possible, I did not want to participate in activities that could be connected to spreading the virus [COVID-19]. And right now, throughout all of Japan, well, within what they are calling the third wave of the virus that is coming at us quickly, I was conflicted about whether it was okay for me to compete. However, when considering the World Championships – since the Four Continents has been cancelled – it was absolutely necessary to compete here firstly to qualify for the World Championships, so I feel the decision to compete is for the sake of tying it with my own hopes. 

https://axelwithwings.com/2020/12/25/eng-translation-japanese-nationals-first-practice-sponichi-interview/

3 hours ago, LAY said:

Most importantly, he knows fanyus miss him after not been seeing him skate for 10 months!

He certainly knows we miss him but that's not a reason he goes to any competition. He had to compete at Nationals if he intends to compete at the World Championships.

52 minutes ago, LAY said:

Competing for his 3rd olympic gold is his ultimate goal! 

He never said such thing.

47 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

He certainly knows we miss him but that's not a reason he goes to any competition. He had to compete at Nationals if he intends to compete at the World Championships.

He never said such thing.

Yuzu loves to compete and he does not seem wanted to retire even after world 2021 (wishful hope for fanyus)? He surely will want to  compete in Beijing winter olympics 2022 if the pandemic is brought under control and his health allows.

On 2/20/2021 at 11:39 AM, LAY said:

Yuzu loves to compete and he does not seem wanted to retire even after world 2021 (wishful hope for fanyus)? He surely will want to  compete in Beijing winter olympics 2022 if the pandemic is brought under control and his health allows.

I didn't say he wouldn't go to the Olympic Games in 2022. But he never said that going to the Olympics and winning another gold is his ultimate goal.

He only said he would like to land a quad Axel at competition. 

I don't have wishful hopes except that Yuzu stays healthy.

Finally, finally, FINALLY the province has released their prioritization guidelines for vaccination, with a caveat that our vaccine supplies are going to be limited for some time :angry_party:

My cancer center officially falls under 'Very High Priority', aka second most prioritized group. Here's hoping that this is how the process will actually go, once things get rolling again.  I give it a 50-50 chance that someone will find a way to push us down the list and put some other group first. 

Venting below, enter at own risk: 

Spoiler

I've never felt less visible and less cared-about by an employer (technically, I work for the province as all health care in Ontario is provincially funded) than I have the past two months while watching Queen's Park eff this up. And I used to work for a company that thought abandoning people for hours at a time in the wilderness was just an occupational hazard... I'm so, so, SO angry, and getting angrier as time goes on. 

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Finally, finally, FINALLY the province has released their prioritization guidelines for vaccination, with a caveat that our vaccine supplies are going to be limited for some time :angry_party:

My cancer center officially falls under 'Very High Priority', aka second most prioritized group. Here's hoping that this is how the process will actually go, once things get rolling again.  I give it a 50-50 chance that someone will find a way to push us down the list and put some other group first. 

Venting below, enter at own risk: 

Hide contents

I've never felt less visible and less cared-about by an employer (technically, I work for the province as all health care in Ontario is provincially funded) than I have the past two months while watching Queen's Park eff this up. And I used to work for a company that thought abandoning people for hours at a time in the wilderness was just an occupational hazard... I'm so, so, SO angry, and getting angrier as time goes on. 

I totally hear you, even if they don't.  My second dose has been postponed because the supply chain was disrupted by all the big storms, but at least I've had one dose.  Remember that anger is a sign of depression and, of course, you are depressed about how it's all been so ridiculous and screwed up by the government.  And life so disrupted.  The US gov't massively f'd up and, hey, we're about a half a million dead, but vaccines are coming along.  

Take heart in knowing that the people in charge here are well aware that this is a global thing and are working on getting vaccine production ramped up to export doses, and I should imagine that Canada, as a neighbor and therefore an easy place for virus to travel to and from, will be getting lots -so we will be exporting even before all Americans are vaccinated (which is said to be summer - and there are a large group who will not get vaccines when they are able). Anger is justified.  But so is hope - isn't that we have to hang on to?

1 hour ago, barbara said:

I totally hear you, even if they don't.  My second dose has been postponed because the supply chain was disrupted by all the big storms, but at least I've had one dose.  Remember that anger is a sign of depression and, of course, you are depressed about how it's all been so ridiculous and screwed up by the government.  And life so disrupted.  The US gov't massively f'd up and, hey, we're about a half a million dead, but vaccines are coming along.  

Take heart in knowing that the people in charge here are well aware that this is a global thing and are working on getting vaccine production ramped up to export doses, and I should imagine that Canada, as a neighbor and therefore an easy place for virus to travel to and from, will be getting lots -so we will be exporting even before all Americans are vaccinated (which is said to be summer - and there are a large group who will not get vaccines when they are able). Anger is justified.  But so is hope - isn't that we have to hang on to?

Lucky me, I'm able to hope while remaining livid. Angry Hope, that's me. :hachimaki_angryparty_: