General Yuzuru Chat

13 minutes ago, Xen said:

I've also got tears in my eyes from watching this...

His jumping technique is just...awe-inspiring. Recently at my rink I've been trying to help a rinkmate fix his arms when he rotates in the air. I kept on telling him that he should go for an arm position/height similar to Yuzu's since that's more conducive to keeping his alignment in air correct. And he kept on telling me that it just does not feel natural. Then when I watch other male skaters, it occurs that what Yuzu can do with his arms when jumping, might not be natural at all. People probably just focus on pulling in tight, but not necessarily in the manner he does it with the elbows and arms held correctly (Yuzu's is fairly textbook). So natural jumper that he is, his technique might not really be "natural."

Thanks for sharing this. I don't skate but have noticed and greatly admired Yuzu's arm position for its beauty and have been wondering about the benefits of it and why other skaters pull in so tight but have inferior jumps. 

9 hours ago, Pamyu said:

I bet the journalists and photographers shrink under that gaze!!!

Yuzu: Look at these mediocre reporters bow down to my awesomeness! :darklordyuzu:

7 hours ago, Lunna said:

I love it when Yuzu does that hand wave! It's so cute!!!! :embSwan:

3 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

The story of last season and how it lead to that perfect skate at worlds was worthy of a movie, this season will be epic.

Omg, now I want someone to make a movie out of Yuzu's journey as a figure skater!!! Make it a trilogy maybe - baby Yuzu, junior Yuzu and senior Yuzu!!! :8788161:

29 minutes ago, Xen said:

As for his 4Lz statements, the way I'm reading it is that he'll want to confirm that he can go 5 quad layout first (which he hasn't before),and when that is truly stable, he's bringing in the big guns. That says nothing about the consistency of his 4 lz, but I have some faith that it's at the 70%-90% mark (though he probalby can't twizzle or hydroblade into it yet).  It's quite sensible really, and since he gets Seimei and Chopin he can concentrate just on his layout. And with the way he practices, he has so many options (4Lo3T, 4 Lz etc).  I said it before in the layout chat, but if a male skater says he's going to do X quads in the FS, the only guys I trust right now to actually pull it off consistently are Yuzuru and Boyang, without compromising too much on the artistry. Yuzuru's not the type to make empty declarations, and well Boyang isn't the type to declare it anyways (he's a bit sneaky).

It's kind of strange...when the youngsters say they want to do a 5,6 or 7-quad FS, I'm like "are they CRAZY?!!"  But when Yuzu does it, I'm really excited for his performance. I guess the difference between Yuzu and some of the youngsters is that he's improving quickly, but steadily, so he has been conditioning his body to do this.  To the youngsters, please take care of your bodies more!  

On a side note, Boyang's 4Ltz is so gorgeous!!!!  He's not Yuzu level now, but I look forward to see how much he would have grown at Beijing 2022. <3

22 minutes ago, singcarcom said:

On a side note, Boyang's 4Ltz is so gorgeous!!!!  He's not Yuzu level now, but I look forward to see how much he would have grown at Beijing 2022. <3

I'm so hooked on Boyang's 4lz. It makes me laugh in astonishment everytime I see it. I just love that alien peanut boy.

20 minutes ago, singcarcom said:

It's kind of strange...when the youngsters say they want to do a 5,6 or 7-quad FS, I'm like "are they CRAZY?!!"  But when Yuzu does it, I'm really excited for his performance. I guess the difference between Yuzu and some of the youngsters is that he's improving quickly, but steadily, so he has been conditioning his body to do this.  To the youngsters, please take care of your bodies more! 

I know what you mean. His quads look effortless in a way that it makes you think they might not take such a big toll on his body.

Personally, I'm also more excited about Yuzu doing 5 quads or possibly thinking of 6 quads than any of the others because I know Yuzu will never let his programs become jump programs. He will always make sure to have artistic elements in it and transitions and so on, so it makes me curious how spectacular a proper, artistic program with 5 quads - or 6, maybe at some point - would look like. As of right now, 5 quads Seimei probably won't seem too different, at a glance. Especially with his quads looking so effortless and natural that they seem like triples lol

11 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

:tumblr_inline_nhkf07EXnO1qid2nw:

That is so gorgeous...

It feels like we're all mostly in a collective high and I don't care. :tumblr_inline_mqt4gmPEiv1qz4rgp: I thought we've seen perfection at Worlds with Hope and Legacy but just based on news clips, Zuzu looks to be in absolutely the best form and (!!) he is prioritising his health (and I actually believe him this time despite his troll tendencies). I just feel happy that he's in such good condition - physically, mentally, and emotionally. :7938863::10636614:

I do think a 5 quad program might suffer a bit in terms of transitions and setup more than a 3-4 quad program, even with Yuzu. I mean, I'm already mourning the loss of the footwork into the hidden 3A1Lo3S of Seimei 1.0, which I don't think he'll do going into the 4T combo. I think he can make up for it by giving me 4T twizzles, though. Come on, Zuzu, you did it at FaOI!

1 minute ago, kaeryth said:

It feels like we're all mostly in a collective high and I don't care. :tumblr_inline_mqt4gmPEiv1qz4rgp: I thought we've seen perfection at Worlds with Hope and Legacy but just based on news clips, Zuzu looks to be in absolutely the best form and (!!) he is prioritising his health (and I actually believe him this time despite his troll tendencies). I just feel happy that he's in such good condition - physically, mentally, and emotionally. :7938863::10636614:

And it's only been a few months since then! How incredible will he become by Feb 2018? :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

I love this collective high. I'm sitting here laughing with glee - the most gleefully gleeful glee - all to myself. I can't drink so I'm letting myself have this. :P

#collectivehi-de-ho

2 minutes ago, xeyra said:

I do think a 5 quad program might suffer a bit in terms of transitions and setup more than a 3-4 quad program, even with Yuzu. I mean, I'm already mourning the loss of the footwork into the hidden 3A1Lo3S of Seimei 1.0, which I don't think he'll do going into the 4T combo. I think he can make up for it by giving me 4T twizzles, though. Come on, Zuzu, you did it at FaOI!

Hmmmm..... How about that 4T-high kick? :rofl: