General Yuzuru Chat

6 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

Another snippet translated by @gladi (:bow:)

after he landed the opening 4Lo, he also successfully landed in the second half the 4Lo, followed by the 4T combo. 

So, is he planning to up his BV by also moving the 4Lo to second half (3A in the first half)? :slinkaway:

1 hour ago, liv said:

I can understand the disappointment, for me it is more the Chopin choice (I love it, but wanted another jeff program), since we always want something new from our favourites. But, for me, I loved Seimei, and with new jumps and choreography it will be exciting to see how powerful this program will become over time, and how much it has improved since he is now so different from who he was back then....

And, this is his dream, his favourite program, his goal to get gold... I am more excited over Seimei than Chopin, but if these choices give him confidence, motivation, excitement, then I am excited to see what he produces, knowing his desire to skate is at its peak. At the Olympics we want skaters at their best, but often we get bundles of nerves... so if this means a better performance? It is a smart choice. 

Here's a silver lining for dissapointed fans, because of the recycled programs ,Yuzu will very highly go on with his skating career after Olympic . He wouldn't end his career by his old programs would he?

Anyway, I'm so excited and over the moon, "words can't bring me down" , to quote song lyrics in " beautiful " , Christina Aguilera :smiley-happy093::smiley-happy093:

So many thoughts racing through my mind right now . 

First, although I was really hoping for something new from him,  somewhere , in the backyard of my consciousnesses I was ready for Seimei 2.0.

Second : the guy has the balls of steel!! (Pardon my French) . And by that I mean the  following : we all know what will happen if his wins with these   programs  if skated clean. He will go into stratosphere  and never come back. But if there is a one step-out    , the judges  will devour him for playing  it  "that" safe and still not delivering according to the expectations.

And third, I,  personally don't see it like playing safe. Precisely for the above  stated reasons - the danger of not delivering up to the expectations is much, much higher  , and  I really don't see how 5 quads can be safe, anyway.

Honestly I'm disappointed. He's repeating Chopin for 3 time and now Seimei for a second time. No new content in the Olympic season a huge risk and one I don't think will pay off in his favor. I don't think the judges will like it if I were a judge I'd want skaters to do at least one program brand-new so I'm not seeing the same old thing over and over again. I'm praying that this decision won't come back and haunt him.