General Yuzuru Chat

Hi everyone! I have exciting news!

I finally managed to set up a website where I will publish old and new analysis works about Yuzu's skating. It will probably take some time to transfer all my analysis threads from twitter to the new site, but I hope to be able to build it up bit by bit:

Yuzuru Hanyu Legacy (wordpress.com)

It's still a fetus website, but the index page should give you a rough idea what it will be like when completed. I hope you like it :space:

24 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

I finally managed to set up a website where I will publish old and new analysis works about Yuzu's skating. It will probably take some time to transfer all my analysis threads from twitter to the new site, but I hope to be able to build it up bit by bit:

It's still a fetus website, but the index page should give you a rough idea what it will be like when completed. I hope you like it :space:

What wonderful news. Thank you!!!!

:studsmatta:

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

Looks good so far!

5 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Looking forward to see your works!!

I have no idea if this has been noticed or not before but i just found something very exiting detail for those who are interesting with the musics yuzuru uses. 

At the and of his origin program on the 2019 NHK Trophy, while we are waiting for the judges’ scores’ calculation they show us the program again with slow motion etc. right there the bgm is Avalanche by David Cook. I heard that music very firstly there and after founding song’s name via shazam i listened on loop for days hahaha. couple of hours ago i looked yuzu’s ig account to watch his only video he posted on ig. Its about prologue’s finish and where he thanked to all. We know it. Then what i suspect was right. The bgm of this video is the same song that i’ve listened for days. Idk if he was already know it before the NHK which is a very low possibility because this song is so underrated. Most likely he heard this song in that competition and it seems yuzuru really liked this song too. 

Those video’s links i talked about:

https://youtu.be/nYvvwVkp3Es

https://www.instagram.com/p/

CklJvomjeXI/ (not sure will it work)

12 hours ago, Henni147 said:

About time, congrats on the website launch! It looks sleek and gorgeous :665e343793b9:

On 8/15/2023 at 8:03 PM, Geo1 said:

Javi lost the bronze medal to Dennis Ten at the 2014 Sochi Olympics when he inadvertently Zayaked during his free skate. He did not realize that he had committed this error and was surprised/disappointed in the Kiss and Cry when he saw his score. He fell from bronze medal position after the short program to fourth place by a mere 1.18 points behind Dennis Ten.

Ironically, Dennis was the ultimate loser for having won the bronze medal, but that’s another story.

Edit: It has always amazed me how quickly Yuzu was able to switch gears and change his program when he made a mistake in order to regain lost points. A case in point is his Seimei free skate when he failed to complete his second quad toe loop combination. He immediately changed the following jump combo to try to make up for the points lost.

Right, Yuzu's ability to change his program to make up for the lost points are great. FS Hope and Legacy at 4CC 2017 was one of them, where he changed most of the second part. :smiley-happy085:

Despite those efforts, he only got silver :weeping: