General Yuzuru Chat

13 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to give another update: the last treatment was a success, I will be able to properly see again. I am truly relieved and hope that it will stay like this now, at least for a while. There is always the risk of worsening, but I will do my best to take care and put as little burden on my eyes as possible.

I also finished the recording of a spoken version of Yuzu's Olympic seasons article: En-Yuzuru Hanyu Olympic seasons-article.ogg

Before we add it to the article, the recording will undergo a review, which is good because English is only my third language. This is the first time that my voice can be heard online (I'm a little nervous), but I hope it's decent ^^

Wish you all a nice day

Henni

Dear Henni, 

I’m so very happy to hear that you will regain your sight. May you never have to endure such fear and uncertainty again. You are a very special part of this community. Please safeguard your health in every way possible.

Victoria (ZuCritter)

14 hours ago, Sun_Rise7777 said:

I hope official statistics is published with regards to the demand for tickets but it looks like there may < 10% of people who got the tickets as compared to all those participating in the lottery. 

It's clear if international fans will ever get the chance to participate, too, chances to get a ticket will be minimal :YuzuPoohSad:

But of course, first of all I'm supper happy for Yuzu, I'm sure Prologue will be a spectacular success, I have absolutely no doubts about it. 

Yuzu's popularity and the demand for his ice show is absolutely incredible! He is truly a rockstar! :cheer:

I'm sure his Prologue show will be a phenomenal success. I hope this will inspire him to produce and hold many more ice shows. Hopefully, the ticket lotteries will also be easily accessible for international fans in the future. :smiley-angelic001:

Of course this would mean even greater competition for tickets. But hopefully, Yuzu will have ice shows on a regular basis spread out over the year. This way, more fans would get to see him live. And perhaps he will have shows outside of Japan, too. This way, even more fans could see him. :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:

12 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Thank you very much for the kind wishes.

Yes, it was indeed difficult, and it happened very rapidly from one day to the next, shortly after Yuzu's SharePractice stream. I spent the first few weeks with adapting to the new situation, but the process was slow and dreary. I was not exactly blind, but my view was very blurry to an extent that not even glasses or contact lenses could help anymore. When my mom told me about Yuzu's clean Rondo at the 24H show, I was delighted at first, but the next moment very frustrated that I couldn't properly see it.

At that time, I encapsulated myself from most things. It was thanks to my family and friends that I didn't let myself go and fought my way back to life outside my home, including social media. They helped me with walking and orientation, and revamped our apartment a bit, so that it's safe and easy to access all things that I needed in daily life. My friend also helped me with braille, basic navigation on the computer, and the use of screenreader tools.

The last push was Wikipedia, when I found out that Yuzu's Olympic seasons page got nominated for featured class. It felt like all the hard work of the last years had finally come to fruition, and it encouraged me to return to social media.

I also cannot stress enough how great Wiki's accessibility is. I was deeply impressed by it the last years already, but now even more that I needed it myself. Their efforts regarding easy navigation and reading are exemplary on the internet that other websites can (and should) learn from. Of course, there is still a lot to be done there, too, but it's a good start.

One of the main reasons why I wanted to record a spoken version of Yuzu's article is to contribute to Wiki's accessibility, so that people who experience a similar situation like me, have a chance to learn about Yuzu and his competitive career, too. But of course, it is also an alternative for people who prefer listening to reading. It can be very exhausting (and damaging for the eyes) to read such long articles on the screen.

That muust have been so frustrating and frightening.  Good to know the surgery worked and you're on the mend.

18 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Thank you very much for the kind wishes.

Yes, it was indeed difficult, and it happened very rapidly from one day to the next, shortly after Yuzu's SharePractice stream. I spent the first few weeks with adapting to the new situation, but the process was slow and dreary. I was not exactly blind, but my view was very blurry to an extent that not even glasses or contact lenses could help anymore. When my mom told me about Yuzu's clean Rondo at the 24H show, I was delighted at first, but the next moment very frustrated that I couldn't properly see it.

At that time, I encapsulated myself from most things. It was thanks to my family and friends that I didn't let myself go and fought my way back to life outside my home, including social media. They helped me with walking and orientation, and revamped our apartment a bit, so that it's safe and easy to access all things that I needed in daily life. My friend also helped me with braille, basic navigation on the computer, and the use of screenreader tools.

The last push was Wikipedia, when I found out that Yuzu's Olympic seasons page got nominated for featured class. It felt like all the hard work of the last years had finally come to fruition, and it encouraged me to return to social media.

I also cannot stress enough how great Wiki's accessibility is. I was deeply impressed by it the last years already, but now even more that I needed it myself. Their efforts regarding easy navigation and reading are exemplary on the internet that other websites can (and should) learn from. Of course, there is still a lot to be done there, too, but it's a good start.

One of the main reasons why I wanted to record a spoken version of Yuzu's article is to contribute to Wiki's accessibility, so that people who experience a similar situation like me, have a chance to learn about Yuzu and his competitive career, too. But of course, it is also an alternative for people who prefer listening to reading. It can be very exhausting (and damaging for the eyes) to read such long articles on the screen.

Just now, rodica said:

Dear Henni, it was wonderfull to find out that your eyes got well. I hope you will never need treatment again and everything goes well with your health. I admire your fighting spirit against the adversities of life. All the best wishes for the future, and thank you for all your hard work.

Could not understand the statement about needing a ticket to order stuff at the shows

I'm not sure but some of the sales are for performance attendees advanced orders?

Good limited to only 5 items per person

Everything will be sold out very quickly hopefully there will be DVD blu ray of performance afterwards. 

Wow Yuzu business entrepreneur

Just to add I suppose if the goods sell out then there may be the possibility of restocking and more availability and the cycle repeats. Thish will surely be a the way to fund more projects and ventures for whatever Yuzu's galaxy brain is contemplating

43 minutes ago, YuDai said:

https://prologue-official.jp/goods.html

Prologue merch:tumblr_meh7uvSxXx1qdlkyg:

Edit: are these hints about the programs he will perform? (Seimei, Haru yo koi, LMEY, White Legend, Rondo, Romeo & Juliet, Tenchi).

Also, I love that there's a paper cup, lol.

Edit 2: they ship overseas :7562096:

Fantastic news, CEO Yuzuru Hanyu is super well prepared, everything's set now. 

Also - I hope they'd be prepared for the demand!