General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, TokyoDream said:

A bit off topic but not too much as it relates to Yuzu having a heart of gold.

Recently someone on Reddit mentioned Yuzuru being the "Keanu Reeves" of figure skaters when it comes to being a gent and never badmouthing anyone, and I just loved the comparison so much I had to share.

Edit: This could actually be one of you on Reddit haha

Thank you for this inspiring comment :loveshower:just mentioning these two gents in a same sentence makes me deliriously happy :rofl3:

2 minutes ago, Suzu said:

Thank you for this inspiring comment :loveshower:just mentioning these two gents in a same sentence makes me deliriously happy :rofl3:

I quote myself...I just want to say that Yuzuru Hanyu and Keanu Reeves are the best possible human beings, whom I respect enormously. I wish there were more people like these two.

Yuzu stay strong, you are so much more talented than other male skaters in your era, so jealous people do what they do, badmouth, but at the end of the day they will suffer, karma kicks back :peace2:

5 hours ago, YuDai said:

Some negativity ahead, so I'll put in a spoiler:

Hide contents

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, but after listening to Javier's comments about Yuzuru's SP, I totally understand why fanyus no longer like him. I'm fuming. Even if he did think that Yuzuru was trying to come up with an excuse for the popped Sal (which he did not as we all know), why on earth would he go and try to tarnish his friend's reputation on TV? And then he has the guts to say he'd like to do an iceshow with Yuzuru? Does he think it's okay to blaspheme Yuzuru in Spanish since he won't be able to understand it... Here's the link to the translation, in case you're feeling masochistic: 

I have always had some reservation about Javi. A lot of his comments seemed inconsistent depending upon the media and circumstances. As others have mentioned, he would say on one occasion that aside from training together, he and Yuzu were not friends, and on another he would say that they were best of friends, when it was to his advantage to say so. Still, this is very disappointing and reprehensible after everything they have been through together and the support and friendship genuinely shown to him by Yuzu.

They say that there is honour among thieves, but obviously none among elite skaters, with the exception of Yuzu, who only has good things to say about others.

51 minutes ago, liv said:

If he continues to compete, i would love for him to go to TCC ( for some of the time anyway), and see his coaches after 2 years b/c If he needs inspiration and help with loneliness, surely training with Rika Kihira and finding inspiration together would be beneficial. I always wished they could train together. I think they'd train well together, actually.

SHFSDHFSHF I FORGOT RIKA IS AT TCC NOW SHFHSDFHHHFHDHHSHHFHDSHFHSDFHSDHFHSDFHHDSFHDSF

I never thought I'd see the day where PChiddy redeems* himself in regards to Yuzu, and Javi does... *waves hands franticly* this...

*I know, it's not like Chiddy is now completely on Yuzu's side, but at least he begrudges Yuzu less now (if not thinking of him more neutrally), so one less person who thinks of Yuzu unfavourably, at least (unlike say, the retired US skaters that frequents the media around this Olys time and some time else). And I know that while Yuzu and Javi might not truly be best buds, they were at least in friendly terms with one another. But to see him act like this now... :knc_brian3: (...the audacity! 😒🙄😤)

1 hour ago, TokyoDream said:

An extract from the post-gala interview says:

"Because I've not received the rewards of my efforts, the me who accepts that can now be happy. The difficult grind is starting again, and I feel a bit lonely. I need to recover my ankle. I've given my best effort, and my body needs to heal, and after that I will decide whats next"

While I'm glad he says he's happy I'm not sure what he means by the bit in bold? I mean he sure had a very lonely couple of years but I'm not sure how to interpret that one exactly. Obviously it sucks to read he feels lonely 🐼🐼 :(

Do we have a transcript of his words in Japanese? Because if he said something like ちょっと寂しい then it literally means "a bit lonely", but it's also used when you want to say you're missing someone/something (so you feel lonely). In that case Yuzu may be talking about how he'll miss the Olympics. Unfortunately with interviews a lot of the nuance is lost in translation.

so isn't Fernandez also represented by I*G,the agency which represents Nfthan?

lmao,if so,a reason more to be a pos to Yuzu,they must be so pressed that,even with a gold medal and all that PR,not only he is still not making enough of an impact,but also he and his skating were brutally ridiculed on twitter by thousands and thousands of non-american casual viewers..... 

48 minutes ago, Sora said:

Wait did they really date? I always thought it was just some made up bs…

They did not. It was made up, but Misha Ge fueled the rumors with his antics. It was alleged to be part of how/why he and Yuzuru seemingly cooled in their friendship. 

1 hour ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

I never thought I'd see the day where PChiddy redeems* himself in regards to Yuzu, and Javi does... *waves hands franticly* this...

*I know, it's not like Chiddy is now completely on Yuzu's side, but at least he begrudges Yuzu less now (if not thinking of him more neutrally), so one less person who thinks of Yuzu unfavourably, at least (unlike say, the retired US skaters that frequents the media around this Olys time and some time else). And I know that while Yuzu and Javi might not truly be best buds, they were at least in friendly terms with one another. But to see him act like this now... :knc_brian3: (...the audacity! 😒🙄😤)

The thing is: Patrick never pretended to be besties with Yuzu and that's okay. They were rivals, Patrick was salty and didn't make a secret of that. He actually even had some positive character development since then. And I strongly prefer honest rivals with stupid takes over wrong friends.

Footnote: I still hope that this is all just some bad misunderstanding, but a part of me is also realistic.

7 minutes ago, wildstrawberry said:

so isn't Fernandez also represented by I*G,the agency which represents Nfthan?

lmao,if so,a reason more to be a pos to Yuzu,they must be so pressed that,even with a gold medal and all that PR,not only he is still not making enough of an impact,but also he and his skating were brutally ridiculed on twitter by thousands and thousands of non-american casual viewers..... 

Now that would explain a lot.  F isn’t the sharpest knife in the block but he must know the chances of this nasty little piece of backstabbing not getting back to the unfortunate recipient are nil.  What I couldn’t work out was why he would shoot  himself in the foot like this vis a vis getting YH to skate in his shows, get invitations to Japanese ice shows etc.  I thought perhaps it was a flare up of envy, and very very stupid of him to give in to it.  But if he’s already got a contract then he has got to keep them happy to keep his shows and his embryo training school going and underwriting their current main man is going to require throwing an old training partner under the bus.  It won’t work, but his paymasters have failed using direct means, so now have to resort to indirect methods.  That  makes sense of this unpleasantness.

We think of skaters as individuals but apart from feds there are commercial interests behind them with separate agendas, and especially with ex skaters those commercial considerations can be very powerful once they find themselves out in the wide world trying to get a different dream off the ground.   Couple it with the residual …. envy/resentment/whatever - that fuelled the ambiguous references that have suddenly become unambiguously anti an old rink mate and it becomes very clear.

I just want yuzu to be happy, we know he doesn’t have any social media but he definitely lurks around, I rather he finds out and know the truth of certain people. 

being a fanyu is hard always read haters bashing him and even his own ppl criticizes him.  only been fan of 4 years felt bad for those who follow longer, good luck to the new fanyu, you’ll need a strong heart :)

So I skipped the whole Olympics because I was too anxious for Yuzu, and after hearing all that happened to him on this forum, I searched him on twitter for the first time in a long time... and here is Javier calling him a liar regarding the hole in the ice :curse: I do so hope Yuzuru won't take his words too hard (that's my job lolol). I guess I'll better disappear for another while or I'll explode :slinkaway:  You guys are so so strong, I'm a wreck just thinking about his past two weeks!