General Yuzuru Chat

16 hours ago, Umebachi said:

I want to cleanse away the toxicity pervading the SNS world - which is, unfortunately, the common state of the "Human Condition"...

I found it charming that the 16th generation descendant of a branch of Uesugi family has his own twitter account.  He recently found out about Yuzu skating to the theme of TTCT and was astounded to see his twitter followers increase rapidly to more than 4000.  Apparently he had not watched JNats, and only became aware of Yuzu's choice of music just before the Worlds.   In this latest tweet, he sends his greetings to the many fans of Hanyu Yuzuru who started to follow him.  He reassures us that we don't need to be particularly interested on the historic Sengoku (Warring States) period to share tweets on this site, and welcomes us to get in touch with him with a light heart.  (I think he adds this note because it can be quite intimidating to be tweeting with a descendant of one of the most fearsome warriors of the Sengoku period!)

In his twitter profile, he mentions that he is doing his best to spread Lord Kenshin's Philosophy of Virtue and to ensure that this part of history will not be erased from the (Japanese) school text book.   Quite a number of Japanese fanyus have responded and are tweeting with him.

In this tweet just before Yuzu's Free at WC, he asks: "Is it time for Lord Hanyu (Hanyu-dono) to take to the battle field?  Wishing him a (warrior's) good fortune."   

I absolutely love that he uses the appropriate old Japanese phrases for warriors heading out to battle (Shutujin and Go-Bu-un).  

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

I didn't know this account existed until until today but I'm definitely gonna take a look, you see I'm half japanese and here in Brazil we don't learn a lot about the japanese history when I was younger I felt really disconnected with this part of my family but now I really wanna learn more and I'm even trying to learn the language (I wanna visit some relatives and be be able to communicate with them lol) but I never thought that I would come across something like this in a forum about figure skating, this whole forum is amazing  and props to figure skating and Yuzu to make me discover this place  :embSwan:

Okay guys, I need a little help whether I got everything important, because I could only read sporadically after the world championship:

WTT - will take place, with Yuzu:rubeye:
SOI - will take place, with Yuzu:rubeye:
Media - better not read, you only get annoyed by it:meditationf:

Was there anything else important, did I miss something? Please let me know, thanks :)

16 minutes ago, Faithyu said:

Okay guys, I need a little help whether I got everything important, because I could only read sporadically after the world championship:

WTT - will take place, with Yuzu:rubeye:
SOI - will take place, with Yuzu:rubeye:
Media - better not read, you only get annoyed by it:meditationf:

Was there anything else important, did I miss something? Please let me know, thanks :)

Yes, for me this is a much more important news (in Japan):  The 16th generation descendant of Lord Kenshin - who had been leading a quiet life back in Echigo, bravely defending the legacy of Lord Kenshin from obvlivion - finally learned about Yuzu skating to TTCT because of the WC media.  He was amazed and grateful, and then he was even more amazed to find his twitter account suddenly gaining followers in the thousands within a day or two!   

[NEWS] 

Update:  his account now has 5000+ followers, up by one thousand in one single day (mostly Japanese fanyus, I think)!   He is astoniched and speechless, apparently.  He thanks the new followers but also sends his appreciation to all his followers from the earlier days.  What a kind and thoughtful person!   

The exchange is like a living legend (Hanyu) connecting with an historic legend (Lord Kenshin) through this intermediary person.   He uses a very polite, old turn of phrase, and one can imagine Lord Kenshin himself commentating on Yuzu's performance and life choices.  I look forward to following this thread in this pre-Olympic season. 

On 4/1/2021 at 3:25 PM, rockstaryuzu said:

Someone decided the world needed to see Yuzu as Cathedrals: 

The second cathedral they mention - the one compared to Ballade - is the seat of the Archbishop for my archdiocese and a church I have stood in many times. Now I will look at it in a different light. 

Incidentally my own church (which is not this one) would probably make a good R&J 1 or R&J 2. Or both. 

Ok I've seen "Yuzu as..." with a lot of things but cathedrals it's the first time :LOL:

2 hours ago, Umebachi said:

Yes, for me this is a much more important news (in Japan):  The 16th generation descendant of Lord Kenshin - who had been leading a quiet life back in Echigo, bravely defending the legacy of Lord Kenshin from obvlivion - finally learned about Yuzu skating to TTCT because of the WC media.  He was amazed and grateful, and then he was even more amazed to find his twitter account suddenly gaining followers in the thousands within a day or two!   

[NEWS] 

Update:  his account now has 5000+ followers, up by one thousand in one single day (mostly Japanese fanyus, I think)!   He is astoniched and speechless, apparently.  He thanks the new followers but also sends his appreciation to all his followers from the earlier days.  What a kind and thoughtful person!   

The exchange is like a living legend (Hanyu) connecting with an historic legend (Lord Kenshin) through this intermediary person.   He uses a very polite, old turn of phrase, and one can imagine Lord Kenshin himself commentating on Yuzu's performance and life choices.  I look forward to following this thread in this pre-Olympic season. 

Wow, that's something else for sure. I think, I would feel really honored. Thanks for letting me know.

3 hours ago, GraceAndPower said:

GS "drama" under spoiler.

Spoiler
They're talking about JW's comments, and there's even a comment about the creation of the Planet... The admin was the one creating the topic, which seems unusual. Am I right to think the juxtaposition with the thread title seems quite ironic? Anyway, if anyone wants to dust off their old GS account and reply... It's pretty sad how there's only one narrative left over there.

The first place I ever engaged with social media was this N American based forum.  It was not a happy experience and I have no desire to repeat it.

20 hours ago, Umebachi said:

I want to cleanse away the toxicity pervading the SNS world - which is, unfortunately, the common state of the "Human Condition"...

I found it charming that the 16th generation descendant of a branch of Uesugi family has his own twitter account.  He recently found out about Yuzu skating to the theme of TTCT and was astounded to see his twitter followers increase rapidly to more than 4000.  Apparently he had not watched JNats, and only became aware of Yuzu's choice of music just before the Worlds.   In this latest tweet, he sends his greetings to the many fans of Hanyu Yuzuru who started to follow him.  He reassures us that we don't need to be particularly interested on the historic Sengoku (Warring States) period to share tweets on this site, and welcomes us to get in touch with him with a light heart.  (I think he adds this note because it can be quite intimidating to be tweeting with a descendant of one of the most fearsome warriors of the Sengoku period!)

In his twitter profile, he mentions that he is doing his best to spread Lord Kenshin's Philosophy of Virtue and to ensure that this part of history will not be erased from the (Japanese) school text book.   Quite a number of Japanese fanyus have responded and are tweeting with him.

In this tweet just before Yuzu's Free at WC, he asks: "Is it time for Lord Hanyu (Hanyu-dono) to take to the battle field?  Wishing him a (warrior's) good fortune."   

I absolutely love that he uses the appropriate old Japanese phrases for warriors heading out to battle (Shutujin and Go-Bu-un).  

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

This is so nice!

Yet he might be surprised by how little intimidating some figure skating fans may find a descendant of one (if not the) most fearsome of the warriors of the Sengoku period : Nobunari Oda.

Does he know about Nobunari Oda?

44 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

This is so nice!

Yet he might be surprised by how little intimidating some figure skating fans may find a descendant of one (if not the) most fearsome of the warriors of the Sengoku period : Nobunari Oda.

Does he know about Nobunari Oda?

Nobunari Oda, the figure skater, is a descendent of Oda Nobunaga who along with Toyotomi Hideyoshi and Tokugawa Ieyasu were the three great samurai feudal lords who brought an end to the sengoku jidai and unified Japan.

Hi ya'll. I don't know why I'm typing this here since online forums usually make me nervous but I don't know... I've been really sad the past couple of days. fs twitter has drained me and there's just been so much negativity thrown towards Yuzuru and fanyus. It's all just been so draining. I guess it's cause I'm still semi-new to everything. Again, I'm not sure why I'm typing this here- feel free to delete this if it's too negative, but I just needed to let this out somewhere I guess. If anyone has some positive news or cute pictures, I could really use it right now. 

4 minutes ago, Lynn487 said:

Hi ya'll. I don't know why I'm typing this here since online forums usually make me nervous but I don't know... I've been really sad the past couple of days. fs twitter has drained me and there's just been so much negativity thrown towards Yuzuru and fanyus. It's all just been so draining. I guess it's cause I'm still semi-new to everything. Again, I'm not sure why I'm typing this here- feel free to delete this if it's too negative, but I just needed to let this out somewhere I guess. If anyone has some positive news or cute pictures, I could really use it right now. 

You and me both. Dont worry, you're fine with your post. My advice is take a break from Social media. Put blinders on. Watch your favorite performances of Yuzuru. Stay around positivity (mostly here lol). There will always be some negativity. The trick is to find your own tools to drown it out and help you calm down/feel relaxed. This too shall pass. :)

3 minutes ago, Lynn487 said:

Hiya, you're not alone, I feel the same these last few days. Worlds was already sad but then the aftermath was just unnecessary. 

On a slightly more positive (or at least not negative) note, I've been thinking of making a new banner for this site. Something with LMEY and ten to chi to. I was wondering what pictures to use. I really like these:

mhjCs4l.jpg

photo_l.jpg

For ten to chi to, I really liked his ina bauer but couldn't find a lot of good photos for it. This one looks good though but is lower res:

Yuzuru-Hanyu-1.jpg

Anyone got good ideas? LOL