General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Umebachi said:

Further reflections on the imagery created by Yuzu's performance of "Ten to Chi to" from an article about the composer Tomita Isao:  

"冨田としては、台本を読んだりシリーズの内容を聞いたりするだけでなく、この仕事に入る前に出かけた世界一周旅行の途上、越後から日本海、さらにはシベリアあたりまで延々と続く雪雲を見たり、帰国後に実際に越後に赴いた体験から、「雪の降りしきるなか毘沙門天のお堂から上杉謙信の弾く琵琶の音が聞こえてくる」というイメージをふくらませていた。テーマ曲もそれにもとづいてつくったものだ."

My translation: 

"Tomita not only read the script and listened to the contents of the (Taiga) series, but before starting on his work (musical composition) he took a trip around the world (and took the opportunity [probably from the air flight over Japan]) to observe the banks of snow clouds stretching from Echigo to the Sea of Japan and even across to Siberia.  After returning to Japan, he actually visited Echigo region and from these experiences he developed the following vision:  "A continuous heavy snowfall through which  - emanating from the Bishamonten Temple - resonated the vibrant sound of Biwa played by Uesugi Kenshin".   The theme music for 'Ten to Chi to' was created based on that vision."

Original article in Japanese:

https://www.excite.co.jp/news/article/E1464485330099/?p=4

In another article, there was a reference to the sound of Biwa played by Lord Kenshin that could be heard on Sado Island (just across the Japan Sea).  Deep snow and misty clouds muffle all the surrounding sounds - even the rattling noise of a bloody battle - yet the vibrant voice of Biwa can cut through this heavy blanket of silence and pierce the soul.  This seems to be reflected in the flowing movements and mood of the H&E Free Program.  

Image source:  https://rolingwest.exblog.jp/10530335/
Winterscape in rural town in Niigata - Minami Uonuma 

8LtwASu.jpg

Oddly, This is very reminiscent of western Massachusetts in the winter, though these are less weathered mountain tops.

48 minutes ago, barbara said:

Oddly, This is very reminiscent of western Massachusetts in the winter, though these are less weathered mountain tops.

Those clouds are hiding the tall, sharp peaks. The mountains of Echigo are foreboding, dark and dangerous, not gentle slopes.  At least, that is the image that I have -- being from the Kanto plains on the gentle Pacific coast -- of those northern snow-capped mountains bounded by the angry, stormy Japan Sea.  It's a rugged, unforgiving country, where Lord Kenshin comes from.    

10 時間前, Umebachiさんが言いました:

Yuzu mentioned watching Miko-mai as a hint for his performance of H&E, so in a way he has already incorporated some of the ideas into this program.  The choreosequence where he whirls around before the mid-program pause did remind me of Miko-mai movements.  

Just IMO, he might have incorporated some kind of "間 ma " as well as the movements.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ma_(negative_space)

I remember the talks between Yuzuru and NOMURA Mansai.  

On 1/25/2021 at 1:18 PM, Henni147 said:

I just saw that H&E is less than 15K clicks away from 2 Mio!

Tomorrow the video will be exactly 1 month old. It would be iconic, if it surpassed the 2M tomorrow. C'mon Fanyus :cheer:

The video reached today 2 million views  :smiley-happy105:
current 2.002.048

29 minutes ago, Anni said:

The video reached today 2 million views  :smiley-happy105:
current 2.002.048

Oh yay!  I watched it last night twice before I went to bed - first time to look at him being cute commentating the program, second time to watch the actual skating 🥰

3 hours ago, holina said:

Oh yay!  I watched it last night twice before I went to bed - first time to look at him being cute commentating the program, second time to watch the actual skating 🥰

I watched it last night too :)

So cute when he laughs plus the program is awesome!

Completely off topic, no Yuzu and no FS related (maybe a little, at the end) but I'm telling everyone I come across, because... I'm that annoying.

But yesterday, after being made redundant from my job back in November, I finally found a new opportunity. I was so worried, just like everyone else. The London job market is really tough right now because of how high unemployment rate is, so getting a job has been almost mission impossible for a lot of my ex-colleagues (which are 700+ by the way).

I myself had to decide to look for something out of London, which means from mid-February I will be living in Manchester (and having to drive to Sheffield for the closest ice rink :sadPooh:). Also got my ego boosted with how badly the hiring manager wanted to hire me :peace:

31 minutes ago, Fay said:

There are no skating rinks in Manchester? Oh my... 

As far as I could tell no. Maybe there is someone on the Planet from that area who could say for sure but I googled it and all ice rinks seems to be working during Christmas season only. I just re-checked again and there seems to be one, but instead of having Manchester in its name it has Altrincham so maybe that's why I didn't think there was.

Anyway.

Yuzu. He's in hiding again. I've worn out the H&E video so many times that I think 25% of those 2m views are mine. I can even say I know every beat of the music piece as well as my favourite song.