General Yuzuru Chat

Seriously, can you feel the “special” love today?  His love to himself/family, coaches, fans, ppl working in the sports and related industries, medical professions etc... :8788161:  

How can one not love /admire /respect this boy more each day, when he keeps raising the standards as an athlete, OG champion, university student, leader of the sports... while being an ordinary human-being, a kid :mushroom5: after all 

I hope Yuzu would know - thank you very much for your decision, we are happy that you are healthy and happy, so you can be happy as fans are happy too.   Will be patiently waiting to see you again soon :animated-smileys-animals-047::7938863::7938863: 

Been busy dealing with injury in the family, so missed several days.  It’s a shame FS is a niche sport because this is such a great example of leading from the front, showing good judgement for his own health and concern not just for himself but for his coaches, his fans, the people at the sharp end of this pandemic and respect for the rules that are supposed to be containing it.  We can all be critical of our local authorities, and certainly many of them have made a mess of it, but the mess is made a lot worse by individuals who for many different reasons of their own, decide not to obey the rules, and make assessing what is working and what isn’t so much more difficult.  Bravo.

1 час назад, BWOZWaltz сказал:

It's a wise decision from a very wise man. I respect and support 100%. The 24hr TV segment and the way he concluded, I'm feeling now that we won't be able to see him skating in public for a quite long time... He knows he draws massive crowds of people everywhere he goes. His fans, camera men, media, etc. He cannot afford to make a wrong move in terms of the pandemic. His influence is just so huge in Japan (and worldwide within fs world) and he has to set an example by choosing the best possible way for "stop the spread".

Yes, with this statement I'm not even sure about Worlds. Will see closer to Nats I guess.

Sad, but really the best decision. I was getting nervous thinking about him going to any competitions. Even if there's not been any really conclusive links between COVID and asthma (at least not that I've seen), I hate the idea of him getting sick and suffering from even more lung problems. Very smart of him to recognize how some fans will go to see him regardless of health risk.

Hopefully we'll see him in next year's GP... yuzu please don't leave us yet

4 hours ago, Lunna said:

Doesn't impact. Top-3 from last season can take part at Nats without any qualification comps.

Sad news, but I fully support what Yuzu thinks is best.

But Nat's are a mere few weeks after NHK - will the concern for health and crowds be diminished in a months time?

4 hours ago, Lunna said:

To be honest, I don't think anybody can come up with 100% clear plan in current situation.

As much as I respect Yuzu's decision, I also respect those who'll still decide to compete. And even if some will miss GPs, a lot of skaters can't afford to miss local comps.

this is absolutely true, but it is also true that ISU has never been particularly forward-thinking...in anything:tumblr_inline_mg16f1RxCn1qdlkyg: so was any of us actually expecting more than they did from them? I am already quite impressed with the choices they have taken so far (my expectations were much much lower) and I have hope that they'll make a few more sound ones, in the end.

As for other skaters, true, many of them will need to compete to keep a bit of a spotlight on them, for much needed medals, to fight for a spot at Nats (and for the big comps in the second half of the season and, in perspective, for Olys)...

Choices won't be easy, and probably there won't be just one right answer, but that's why ISU should take the biggest part of responsability and not leave the whole burden of the choice on skaters. Not leave them in an impossible position where they feel they must compete while feeeling scared for themselves and their teams (as it would have happened in Montreal). ISU and feds, as "leaders" and as supposedly knowledgeable (and, even if not, at least with the sources to to get in touch with experts) can get the most accurate picture when it comes to real health risks and logistics. They are in the position to consider all the variables and make a sound evaluation, while the single skater (especially since many are very young and not always as aware of everything in the outside world) has a much more limited perspective, and can only control their own behaviour.

Then, of course, in the end skaters will have to still make a choice (if a comp happen), but they should make it knowing that the risk has been evalued, taken into account, minimized as much as humanly possible, and the rest is in their own hands and sheer luck.

1 hour ago, monchan said:

Btw this will mark his longest absence from competition EVER! Never stop surpassing himself :war:

No fanyu has ever experienced such a drought, hope we are still alive when he's back lol :dpooh:

:13877886::13877886::13877886::13877886::13877886:

after the planking challenge, he's bestowing on us the drought challenge. We must surpass ourselves too!:hachimaki:

:13877886::13877886::13877886::13877886::13877886::13877886::13877886::13877886::13877886::13877886::13877886::13877886::13877886::13877886::13877886::13877886::13877886::13877886::13877886::13877886::13877886::13877886::13877886::13877886::13877886:

(well, contrary to most previous droughts, at least we have the comfort that he is (probably)healthy, and that he means to come back possibly with a bb Nessie in tow)

...in other news, we should seriously plan a series of streaming parties. For survival reasons

Since there are quite a few bb fanyus (way to start the Hanyu experience, starting with the harshest drought ever :consoling2:), it wouldn't hurt to plan on some doc rewatch too, other than focusing on shows and comps:tumblr_inline_mzx8s4JRlX1r8msi5:

request to admins and mods: can we have a cactus/drought yuzumoticon, pretty please?:snonegai: the sad cactus from our cactus chart would be... quite appropriate, right now :laughing:

(ETA: though we aren't angry anymore with beauty quad lutzifer) <3

I'm SOOO HAPPPYYY that Yuzu made this decision. What a mature, considerate, powerful decision!  I bet many other skaters will feel free make the same decision now that Yuzuru Hanyu has done it, if they had been wishing to. And not only was he making a mature decision for himself, he was thinking of the many others who would be affected by his decision -- his coach, his family, and his fans. Clearly the ISU won't be doing anything to protect them. I'm so glad that we won't have to worry about him traveling this season, nor does he have to worry about us. We'll make the best we can. We're all in this together :grouphug:

And dare I hope that he can relax a bit this season and fully heal from those pesky injuries? Please don't do anything drastic at Ice Rink Sendai Yuzu! :fingerscrossed:

10 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

...in other news, we should seriously plan a series of streaming parties. For survival reasons

Since there are quite a few bb fanyus (way to start the Hanyu experience, starting with the harshest drought ever :consoling2:), it wouldn't hurt to plan on some doc rewatch too, other than focusing on shows and comps:tumblr_inline_mzx8s4JRlX1r8msi5:

Perhaps plus streaming to simulate the entire competition week from showing up at airport, OPs per day, 6-mins, SP, FP, award ceremony, gala too, to help train the heartbeat and do the breathing exercises!  Or idk how to survive when he is ready and competes again

:1:

Okay, I finally caught up and think I'm up to date again:
There was more white-wall-Yuzu, handsome-Citizen-Yuzu and sadly none of the questions was, if he is already working on new programs, or did I miss it, sweet white-shirt-Yuzu and
thoughtful-speach-giving-Yuzu, congratulations on-your-thesis-Yuzu and now the not-going-to-do-GP-Yuzu.........

I totally understand and respect his decision but I'm a bit confused, hope you can help:
Wasn't it already decided that the GP will take place without audience (so no travelling fans) and that it would be a domestic event (that would mean NHK for him)?
Thought I had read something like that but I could be completely wrong and mix things up.........

PS: so happy to have more streaming partys, thank you
PPS: I’m Seimei and really happy about it

I'm relieved, but of course sad that we won't see him skating in the GP. To be honest I did wonder if he would choose to sit the GP out this season, but I also fully expected the ISU to cancel the GP altogether back in July. I think back to all the anxiety I had leading up to Worlds in Montreal as just a traveler before this was declared a pandemic, it's not something I'd wish on anyone, let alone the athletes who are in an even tougher position. I'll just pray Yuzu keeps healthy while training and wait for him to compete and appear again.

8 minutes ago, Faithyu said:

Wasn't it already decided that the GP will take place without audience (so no travelling fans) and that it would be a domestic event (that would mean NHK for him)?

Thought I had read something like that but I could be completely wrong and mix things up.........

Sadly no, so far the only announcement is that the GP will go on but be a bit different in terms of points, only participating in one event, etc. The ISU hasn't released any actual guidance on how to organize the events, and I think the local organizers haven't released any information either because they're waiting to see what the ISU will say (plus their local government may change guidelines and policy). The ISU is supposed to be meeting today to discuss the GP in more detail, but with the first GP less than 2 months out they are really cutting it close.

51 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

Since there are quite a few bb fanyus (way to start the Hanyu experience, starting with the harshest drought ever :consoling2:)

So true. The only FS competition I've ever watched live was 2020 4CC via an online stream.

I guess, becoming a fan in late December wasn't such a good idea, I should have done that years ago :bash:

And I'll be working or sleeping (cause otherwise I won't be able to get up and go to work the next day) during all the streaming parties

Guess I'll die :0004:

5 minutes ago, EternalSpin said:

So true. The only FS competition I've ever watched live was 2020 4CC via an online stream.

I guess, becoming a fan in late December wasn't such a good idea, I should have done that years ago :bash:

And I'll be working or sleeping (cause otherwise I won't be able to get up and go to work the next day) during all the streaming parties

Guess I'll die :0004:

what times work best for you? i try to schedule the parties at different times

eta: anyone else feel free to answer too ^_^

2 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

what times work best for you? i try to schedule the parties at different times

The 2018 Olympics - Ladies' & Men's FS one is perfect and I'd join if not for work, so I hope in late September-October I won't have to spend all the weekends at the office and will be able to enjoy the future parties.