General Yuzuru Chat

Ahem... speaking of figure skater's (particularly men quadsters), they do tend to have strong core muscles as well as thigh muscles (necessary to jump quad, I suppose). In the video at 2:05, they show Takahito Mura's abs and thigh muscles. Incidentally, wasn't there some hilarious commentaries by B.Esp uncle Chris Howarth from Glacier Ice Arena (where Shoma is trying to polish his jumps) regarding Shoma's thighs? Hmmmm...

6 hours ago, gladi said:

Just back from Niigata/Tokyo vacation, so this is suuuper late reply.... and impossible to back read everything, so probably someone replied ^.^ Anyway.

WFS's Yuzu interview wasn't exclusive, it's all from mixed zone after exhibition rehearsal of WC. Quadruple's WC+WTT interviews were a similar deal, from mixed zone. So you've probably seen bits and pieces, and some of the same questions in video form already. For the most complete version of post-SP, post-FP, day-after mixed zone interviews, I usually go for Figure Skate Magazine in print. They tend to cover those in the greatest range and detail, also their photographer pieces are nice and tend to be from a different perspective.

For WC - WTT, I believe the only exclusive interview granted was to Ice Jewels (CIC). And then, another exclusive interview went to FaOI (CIC), published in Kobe and Niigata pamphlets. 

Niigata-Tokyo? Oh, that's interesting... Did you see the shows? 

24 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Ahem... speaking of figure skater's (particularly men quadsters), they do tend to have strong core muscles as well as thigh muscles (necessary to jump quad, I suppose). In the video at 2:05, they show Takahito Mura's abs and thigh muscles. Incidentally, wasn't there some hilarious commentaries by B.Esp uncle Chris Howarth from Glacier Ice Arena (where Shoma is trying to polish his jumps) regarding Shoma's thighs? Hmmmm...

Uncle Chris has commented on Shoma's thighs even on official Eurosport broadcasts of competitions. Live. They're not shy about it. :laughing:

It's not just the thighs either. These men have calves that could break nuts too. Plus very healthy torsos. Athletes are all so darn fit or they wouldn't be athletes! Yuzu is just otherwise slender so it doesn't seem to show as much unless he's using them to land a quad or do a squat, but there's plenty of pictures where you can see his muscles very well. Ahem.

There is a marked difference between now and how he was before 2014, though. You can see, for one, on how he used to fit his costumes and how they fit him now. He seems to have found a good balance between muscle mass and maintaining his more slender body so he can continue to have those soft, soft landings of his. 

I've been seeing people say he looks healthier this off-season than he usually does, so that's always a positive. He also seems to have finally decided to care about nutrition last season?

59 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Yes, but the thigh muscles of Mura look almost mutant like...and he proved that 4T-4T is possible (though the 2nd 4T looked UR- gawds why am I nitpicking?). 

Had a collegue ask me at work, when seeing my skates for the first time, if figure skating gives you nice, slender legs. I looked at her and asked her if she was okay with thunder thighs, and the possibility of very thick thighs if she ever stops skating...:notamused:

44 minutes ago, xeyra said:

There is a marked difference between now and how he was before 2014, though. You can see, for one, on how he used to fit his costumes and how they fit him now. He seems to have found a good balance between muscle mass and maintaining his more slender body so he can continue to have those soft, soft landings of his. 

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem  to remember that I read somewhere that when he first came to TCC, he wasn't a fan of doing too much muscle building training. Something about him being afraid that the extra weight might be a hindrance and that too much muscle might also affect his flexibility. I think there was also something about him now studying human anatomy so he knows exactly which muscle is needed for doing what, so my guess would be that his training now is probably oddly specific.

35 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Uncle Chris has commented on Shoma's thighs even on official Eurosport broadcasts of competitions. Live. They're not shy about it. :laughing:

It's not just the thighs either. These men have calves that could break nuts too. Plus very healthy torsos. Athletes are all so darn fit or they wouldn't be athletes! Yuzu is just otherwise slender so it doesn't seem to show as much unless he's using them to land a quad or do a squat, but there's plenty of pictures where you can see his muscles very well. Ahem.

I've been seeing people say he looks healthier this off-season than he usually does, so that's always a positive. He also seems to have finally decided to care about nutrition last season?

I think this is where perception comes into play. For the longest time Yuzu's been described as thin, pencil-like, noodle-like... and honestly, when he was younger he did fit those descriptions. And for some reason it just carried on in people's mind up until the photo even though most of us (yuzu fans) have noticed starting this season that he has gained muscle. He's also photogenic with a small face, good style and beautiful skin (copyright Oda Nobunari :rofl:) and for some reason that doesn't equate with an athlete's body in a lot of people's minds. I think Boston really made him think seriously about health and nutrition and I'm glad he did.

15 минут назад, kaeryth сказал:

And for some reason it just carried on in people's mind up until the photo even though most of us (yuzu fans) have noticed starting this season that he has gained muscle.

I think his leg muscles were already pretty obvious last season but this season it became hard not to notice them starting from NHK SP :space:

2 minutes ago, Lunna said:

I think his leg muscles were already pretty obvious last season but this season it became hard not to notice them starting from NHK SP :space:

And one only didn't notice them as much earlier season because he was a ghost. :laughing:

5 минут назад, kaeryth сказал:

I'm actually pretty curious now about the state of Nathan and Boyang's thighs... that sounded weird. :rofl:

Nathan is quite OK I think, but Boyang seems to be pretty slim... hmmmm we must do our off-season research :hachimaki::rofl: