General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, lynnidolz said:

I hate to say this but do u guys think because Yuzuru is from an Asian country is why  the reason their trying so much to undermine his achievement? Sorry if this question inappropriate.I will delete this

big sigh....i honestly tend to agree with @rockstaryuzu,althought being japanese and being chinese/american still makes a big difference .

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Here's the graph for confirmed cases per million inhabitants. As you can see, Sweden has the highest number of any European country:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.statista.com/chart/amp/21176/covid-19-infection-density-in-countries-most-total-cases/

And this topic is derailing the forum, so that's the last I'm going to say about it. 

I really want to go(not planning the whole event,I just hope i can buy individual events ticket)but yep I'm a little bit worried too.

1 hour ago, EternalSpin said:

:rofl3:

Anyhow on the 11th of Jully i'll watch Ciontu for sure

1 hour ago, Veveco said:

Did we have "Yuruzu" in the name butcher bingo card yet?

Terry Gannon of NBC got tongue twisted and called Yuzu “Yuruzu” as he was stepping off the ice after his Olympic debut in the team event at Sochi.

1 hour ago, yuzuangel said:

Let's watch CiONTU instead of the awards at the same time. In a week. If we need to, we'll fill it with other Yuzu content!

I have unsubscribed from all ISU Skating accounts, and will rely on this forum for any relevant ISU news or videos.   Looking forward to watching the CiOntu Streaming party instead.  @yuzuangel  thank you for organizing the streaming!

54 minutes ago, Veveco said:

Sorry but I'll never buy that these mistakes and dubious choices are purely random when they are pretty much always in disfavor of Asian skaters. Butchering Yuzuru's name? Check. Forgetting & reducing his biggest achievements in his bio? Check. Boyang erasure about the "first 4-quad program" claim? Check. No nomination for S/H who have the best record of any skaters this season? Check.

At best, it's microaggressions and implicit bias. I don't give 2 cents about the awards but it says a lot about the mind of the people working at the ISU.

Yeah, same. Outrage marketing works a little too well unfortunately :v

...also agree with those who say that Nate realized his complicity in this whole situation — it flatters him (and handed on a silver platter too!) so why wouldn't he savor it while it last??? (As hollow as it actually is....)

Salaries and benefits for 14.7 ISU Employed staff in 2016  was Euro 2 million, an average of 134000 each. Total financial assets euro 225 million. And they can’t employ efficient staff to put out and proof read a bio on the most important figure skater ever. It’s a calculated insult which they already pulled off by completely omitting Yuzuru’s details in Torino GPF event program bio and repeating another skaters details instead. 

11 hours ago, EternalSpin said:

ISU right now

giphy.gif

source

you mean ...masked bandit who usually comes out in the night?

Except this masked bandit robs you blind in daylight.

Not only.....the unmasked ISU is f***UGLY

4 minutes ago, Dreamer said:

you mean ...masked bandit who usually comes out in the night?

Except this masked bandit robs you blind in daylight.

Not only.....the unmasked ISU is f***UGLY

I mean ISU has some trouble with math and is trying to count Yuzu's gold medals right to edit his bio :P

2 hours ago, Geo1 said:

Terry Gannon of NBC got tongue twisted and called Yuzu “Yuruzu” as he was stepping off the ice after his Olympic debut in the team event at Sochi.

Eurosport guy once called Javi "Xavier". How  even? There's no "x" in his name. Oh and they also called him Javert a la Les Mis.

:yuzususpect:,

1 minute ago, EternalSpin said:

I mean ISU has some trouble with math and is trying to count Yuzu's gold medals right to edit his bio :P

@EternalSpin....you are too kind to ISU

They are too stupid to appreciate the precious treasure, Yuzuru Hanyu.

With all the errors of omission and commission in our boy's bio: ISU couldn't:yuck: find it's way out of a paper bag

3 hours ago, Fay said:

Skate Canada Annual Report’s in - and there were 3600 spectators at ACI, 23k in Kelowna, more than at Nationals - I wonder what on earth drew them in? 
http://skatecanada.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/2020-Skate-Canada-Annual-Report-EN.pdf

In all fairness, Nationals happened in the middle of a blizzard that made driving unsafe, but still, the numbers are very telling. 

4 hours ago, Fay said:

Who did they employ to write this, a first grade student? 

I would guess some clueless intern, but wouldn't s/he just copy and paste from say wiki, so how yuRuzu??? and twitter has spell check so JulLy??? Me thinks someone may be out shortly of a job.

4 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

Even the "July" is spelled wrongly haha

4 hours ago, Fay said:

Who did they employ to write this, a first grade student? 

4 hours ago, sweetwater said:

I am half jokingly half seriously believe that they tried to measure how many people actually care about this award by publishing bio full of mistakes because the number of likes and retweets their tweets on the award get looks smaller compared to the number of likes and RTs their tweets about streaming of past competitions, or a tweet like this from Nekomasamune gets.

4 hours ago, Fay said:

Hey, the month of Jully sounds fun! 

4 hours ago, Veveco said:

They corrected the name but not Jully :smiley-laughing021:

4 hours ago, Ririka said:

Well~ since we don’t have a Jully in our calendar I guess it means the awards won’t happen too 

3 hours ago, lynnidolz said:

What if this is some evil genius isu idea to rile up Yuzuru fans so that we keep talking about the awards  before its happen than annouced he is actually the winner just to get more of his fan talking post wards also..

21 minutes ago, EternalSpin said:

:headdesk::headdesk::ohno::1:

@lynnidolz that 'evil genius thing' is exactly how outrage marketing works. They do something annoying or outrageous and it gets people talking. 

@sweetwater But Nekomasamune is cute! He deserves more traffic than ISU.