Yes, I think the future is definitely bright for Japans figure skating.
Yuzu is a beacon of light for all of us, inspiring us to be and do better in whatever we are doing! 

2 hours ago, monchan said:

The boy that skated to "Origin" (I mean Art on Ice) as his SP here has won Jr Men's in Challenge Cup. Legacy lives on :embSwan:. Origin might not work for Yuzu anymore but still bring his junior luck :clapclap4:

It's kind of sad to see so few people in the stands....

Hace 12 horas, yumeaki said:

One of the comps that I frequently rewatch. Now I want to see him skate to this in Worlds Montreal gala, complete with the fall. 

Lol, that would be epic, yuzu skating to young Romeo including the fall :girlsigh:!!! Ahhhh I really thought we would get H&L for Worlds but now I have no idea! I know I’ll be dead anyway whatever he skates to! I’m still in shock about the privilege to watch Seimei and Ballade at Worlds!! :cri: 

Hace 1 hora, Crow said:

Yes, I think the future is definitely bright for Japans figure skating.
Yuzu is a beacon of light for all of us, inspiring us to be and do better in whatever we are doing! 

:iagree::img_21:

Hi! I just made an account here. Started loving Yuzu about a month ago, bought last minute tickets to worlds (could only afford men's free skate day asdjkasf), and oh god I'm in too deep. I've been lurking here for a while, but nice to meet you all! :wave:

Side note, does anyone happen to have a gif of the forward cross rolls in SEIMEI from PC or the delayed axel in Notte Stellata I could set as my profile pic? <3

2 minutes ago, azelais said:

Hi! I just made an account here. Started loving Yuzu about a month ago, bought last minute tickets to worlds (could only afford men's free skate day asdjkasf), and oh god I'm in too deep. I've been lurking here for a while, but nice to meet you all! :wave:

Side note, does anyone happen to have a gif of the forward cross rolls in SEIMEI from PC or the delayed axel in Notte Stellata I could set as my profile pic? <3

Welcome to the Planet! How did you become a fan of Yuzu?

1 minute ago, Geo1 said:

Welcome to the Planet! How did you become a fan of Yuzu?

I've been a very casual fan of figure skating for a long time, but mostly only women's singles. I grew up in an area with no rinks but I always wanted to learn to skate, so as soon as I moved to a bigger city with rinks I immediately enrolled in lessons. That led to me joining r/figureskating, which led to me seeing Yuzu skating, which led to Yuzu interviews, and now I'd die for this precious man :laughing: 

2 hours ago, azelais said:

Welcome to PH. I made the gif but not sure whether it's working.

https://giphy.com/gifs/hqy3tVYnNFOJzssrD4

https://www.outsports.com/platform/amp/2009/5/15/4047820/elvis-stojko-i-dont-hate-gays?__twitter_impression=true

This comment from Stojko (2009) is wow. Just wow. I put this in spoilers, because it's a bit off-topic:

Spoiler

"I do think if you concentrate too much on the feminine side of skating, then you will lose the male crowd."

Ewn... what male crowd? A male crowd that you don't have? When I look around in figure skating venues, 99% of the audience is female, dear Elvis. If you concentrate on plain jumping and testosterone, you will lose even the female crowd and THAT will be REALLY costly. I promise.

"If you're very lyrical and you're really feminine and soft, well, that's not men's skating. THAT IS NOT MEN'S SKATING, OK? Men's skating is power, strength, masculinity, focus, clarity of movement, interpretation of music."

So, the interpretation of a music piece is not lyrical? And in ladies' skating movements are not meant to be clear and focused or what? Honestly, the amount of stupidity here is... worrying.

I really hope that Yuzu doesn't have to waste more time on this clownery of an award show than absolutely necessary. I really feel with him already... :13877886:

37 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

https://www.outsports.com/platform/amp/2009/5/15/4047820/elvis-stojko-i-dont-hate-gays?__twitter_impression=true

This comment from Stojko (2009) is wow. Just wow. I put this in spoilers, because it's a bit off-topic:

Hide contents

"I do think if you concentrate too much on the feminine side of skating, then you will lose the male crowd."

Ewn... what male crowd? A male crowd that you don't have? When I look around in figure skating venues, 99% of the audience is female, dear Elvis. If you concentrate on plain jumping and testosterone, you will lose even the female crowd and THAT will be REALLY costly. I promise.

"If you're very lyrical and you're really feminine and soft, well, that's not men's skating. THAT IS NOT MEN'S SKATING, OK? Men's skating is power, strength, masculinity, focus, clarity of movement, interpretation of music."

So, the interpretation of a music piece is not lyrical? And in ladies' skating movements are not meant to be clear and focused or what? Honestly, the amount of stupidity here is... worrying.

I really hope that Yuzu doesn't have to waste more time on this clownery of an award show than absolutely necessary. I really feel with him already... :13877886:

Yuzu can go ahead and skate Notte Stellata to his face, and get him drowned in praises for Yuzu 

16 hours ago, azelais said:

Welcome to the Planet :clapclap4:

Safe haven and land of madness. You’ll be fine here :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

9 minutes ago, Salior said:

Yuzu can go ahead and skate Notte Stellata to his face, and get him drowned in praises for Yuzu 

This would well be his. He may also have a less "cute", more "commanding sort of manner" (once again thank you Jane Austen) towards him, and if E.S. is not the domineering sort of man (wanting the best for himself and to humiliate others, without ever wanting to serve or even acknowledge authority), just the "insecure, unaware" sort of man, he may well feel what is real manliness, not just pretending, I am sure it would help him.