General Yuzuru Chat

IIRC..

A fan giving Yuzuru parts of H&L at an ice show... wasn't it a fan who gave him a list of songs long ago and then he made a circle/triangle etc. depending on if he wanted to skate to it or not? And Asian Dream Song was included on that list and he gave it a yes. I saw a picture of it too. Was that real?

3 hours ago, yuzupon said:

See, this kind of statement is why the discussion gets circular.

You "heard a Japanese fan gave him some parts of H&L music as a present at an ice show" and hence, you conclude that he "does take into fan opinion into account when choosing music".

Where on earth do you get this confidence in claiming both of these things as factual?

1. Do you know for sure that the fan truly give him that music?

2. Do you know if that fan gave him that music with an addendum "I hope you skate to this music" hence stating their opinion?

3. Do you know for sure Yuzu receive that gift let alone listen to the music?

4. Do you know for sure Yuzu truly use that as the basis of him choosing H&L?

If your answer to ANY of those is "yes", please give details.

Otherwise, this is just you projecting and, may I say due to how protracted the conclusion you draw based on something you heard, reaching.

Hm I thought there was a documentary once upon a time showing baby Yuzu, maybe 16 or so?, looking at a list of music suggestions (along with a CD) that someone had sent him, where he put X and O's on his favorite pieces. One of the pieces was Asian Dream Song(?), and he had written that he really especially liked it. Was that something completely different that I'm misremembering?

I mean, I don't think it's a big stretch to say maybe he does take other people's suggestions, including fans/posts he finds on the internet, as inspiration when selecting music. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. There's no need to say there is no way he doesn't which is equally as much projection and requires an equal amount of peeking into his galaxy brain to know.

12 hours ago, Indiiea said:

IIRC..

A fan giving Yuzuru parts of H&L at an ice show... wasn't it a fan who gave him a list of songs long ago and then he made a circle/triangle etc. depending on if he wanted to skate to it or not? And Asian Dream Song was included on that list and he gave it a yes. I saw a picture of it too. Was that real?

Yes I thought alot of people in PH besides me and you knew also about this. That's why I didn't provide references. I thought most people knew. Or maybe it's the fans who read a bit of japanese? It went around twitter quite a long ago. If you have a link for us that would be great! 

14 hours ago, yuzupon said:

See, this kind of statement is why the discussion gets circular.

You "heard a Japanese fan gave him some parts of H&L music as a present at an ice show" and hence, you conclude that he "does take into fan opinion into account when choosing music".

Where on earth do you get this confidence in claiming both of these things as factual?

1. Do you know for sure that the fan truly give him that music?

2. Do you know if that fan gave him that music with an addendum "I hope you skate to this music" hence stating their opinion?

3. Do you know for sure Yuzu receive that gift let alone listen to the music?

4. Do you know for sure Yuzu truly use that as the basis of him choosing H&L?

If your answer to ANY of those is "yes", please give details.

Otherwise, this is just you projecting and, may I say due to how protracted the conclusion you draw based on something you heard, reaching.

As for the info that he got a song in the form of a CD from a fan during summer ice show before H&L season, it was many years ago, but some fans know about it. There is a photo of him receiving a fan music CD, and he reviewed on which ones he liked. And one of them was asian dream song.

Now that I think about it, I think it mostly circulated around Japanese twitter and forums. 

I'm sorry I assumed many people knew about this and wrote it without links. If we find the photo,  we will be sure to send it to you. 

5 hours ago, quadaxelwin said:

Ignore please, I lost track of what I meant to say. 

4 hours ago, TallyT said:

So how long would it take for you to make yourself leave this monorail station, hmmm?

I wonder how many fanyus have stopped to take a photo of that by now...

59 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Hm I thought there was a documentary once upon a time showing baby Yuzu, maybe 16 or so?, looking at a list of music suggestions (along with a CD) that someone had sent him, where he put X and O's on his favorite pieces. One of the pieces was Asian Dream Song(?), and he had written that he really especially liked it. Was that something completely different that I'm misremembering?

I mean, I don't think it's a big stretch to say maybe he does take other people's suggestions, including fans/posts he finds on the internet, as inspiration when selecting music. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. There's no need to say there is no way he doesn't which is equally as much projection and requires an equal amount of peeking into his galaxy brain to know.

This gives me hope, that maybe one day, I too can go see a Yuzuru ice show and leave a music CD in the gift box to the skaters. 
I have a whole list of music suggestions for him, but knowing that he won't lurk too much in PH, the only chance fans might be able to recommend him some new music is through ice shows!

I always thought Yuzu would fit Axl Rosenberg's music pieces really well. 

I also heard Tarasova recommended him Notte Stellata, so I guess he is open to music recommendations from both professionals and fans. Which is a good thing!

:nod2:

9 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

But he would have been familiar with Asian Dream Song anyway since 

I wonder how many fanyus have stopped to take a photo of that by now...

Yes true, but just concerning how he put marks on what songs he liked from fan CDs shows he at leasts listens and ponders on their music recommendations. It may influence his choices to a degree. 

I'm so sorry I forgot to multi quote. I will be more mindful next time. 

3 minutes ago, quadaxelwin said:

I also heard Tarasova recommended him Notte Stellata, so I guess he is open to music recommendations from both professionals and fans. Which is a good thing!

Jeffrey Buttle was the one who brought LGC to him. Yuzu hadn't even heard of Prince before that, apparently. As Jeff said in one of his interviews, he thought LGC was a true representation of the Yuzu he knows. 

6 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Jeffrey Buttle was the one who brought LGC to him. Yuzu hadn't even heard of Prince before that, apparently. As Jeff said in one of his interviews, he thought LGC was a true representation of the Yuzu he knows. 

Yeah I love Jeffrey for that! He also brought Yuzu Parisienne Walkaways & Chopin didn't he? 

As far as I know the music Yuzu himself brought by himself were:

1. Phantom of Opera - I heard he wanted to skate it during Sochi Olympics, but David Wilson said it's been done so many times before and Brian and Orser refused the proposal at first but after Yuzu won olympics, Brian finally said yes because Yuzu was so persistent with POTO (from orser's interview during 2014 season).

2. Seimei - apparently Yuzu was first looking into Japanese Dramas based on japanese history and considered their soundtrack at first, but then found seimei (info from his own mouth)

3. H&L - he mashed some joe hisaishi music together

4. origin / otonal - you all know why lol

Now as far as Notre Dame Paris soundtrack, I don't know if that was David wilson's recommendation or not. Anyone know?