General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Geo1 said:

I don’t think that thrift and efficiency are the reasons for Yuzu recycling his programs. He is a multimillionaire and money is no object. I don’t think that efficiency even plays a part in his thinking.

I believe that Yuzu is one of those very rare people who have the ability to envision his life long term and perhaps even his destiny and meticulously plan steps to accomplish that vision.

I don’t think that he is influenced by fan comments or any other extraneous pressures. I believe that he sets goals for himself and any pressure that he feels is that which comes from within. He wants technical and artistic perfection and he wants to win.

If he decides to continue to work on Otonal and Origin, he has clear, specific ideas as to what he wants to accomplish with them and when he does, he is going to blow everyone’s minds.

Even a multimillionaire only has the same 24 hours in a day and 7 days in a week as the rest of us. Although money may be no object for Yuzu, his time is probably at a premium, and maybe coming up with new programs year after year isn't the most effective way to use his time. So in that sense, yes, he is being thrifty, or perhaps I should say deliberate. By concentrating his focus on the same programs a couple of years in a row, he is able to spend more of his training time on the things that matter most to him, whatever they may be, rather than on program creation itself. 

Your last sentence, I most definitely agree with. 

4 hours ago, BrightonDogwoods said:

After Skate Canada Yuzu said he was relieved to finally get scores that did reward his efforts, otherwise he was considering reducing transitions to make it easier to cleanly land jumps.

Has anyone considered the possibility that this comment might have been in the same vein as 'I hope the rotation on the toe loop was okay' ? i.e., Yuzu's trolling a bit and throwing shade. 

16 hours ago, shanshani said:

don't say such cursed things or else we'll see Brendan Kerry land the world's first 4A

No, we'll see Yuzu steal Brendan's music during a World's practice to land 4A. 

Which would be not only hilarious but somewhat within Yuzu's impish character, no? 

13 hours ago, Veveco said:

Reading comments doesn't mean that he bases his decisions on them. I think he knows himself and the business too well to be that influenced by random online comments.

And honestly? If there was even the slightest chance that Yuzu would read *my* comments, the last thing I'd want to do is pressure him into doing what I think is best. Even when our choices differ, I stick to the opinion that he should live his life as he sees fit rather than try to please fans. There's no pleasing everyone anyway - we all have different opinions.

I think you misunderstood me.

What I was saying is that because the Japanese fans are so supportive, it doesn't have any effect whether he cares about it or not. I was refering to how the talk about his recycling mostly happens in PH and not JP twitter

10 hours ago, Geo1 said:

I don’t think that thrift and efficiency are the reasons for Yuzu recycling his programs. He is a multimillionaire and money is no object. I don’t think that efficiency even plays a part in his thinking.

I believe that Yuzu is one of those very rare people who have the ability to envision his life long term and perhaps even his destiny and meticulously plan steps to accomplish that vision.

I don’t think that he is influenced by fan comments or any other extraneous pressures. I believe that he sets goals for himself and any pressure that he feels is that which comes from within. He wants technical and artistic perfection and he wants to win.

If he decides to continue to work on Otonal and Origin, he has clear, specific ideas as to what he wants to accomplish with them and when he does, he is going to blow everyone’s minds.

:goodpost:

I totally agree, my ultimate fantasy would be to pick that galaxy brain of his. He said himself he wasn’t near the perfect image he has on those two programs, he is truly an artist who crafts to the tiniest detail his programs. He wants to « speak » to the whole world through his skating and that takes time and refinement.

2 hours ago, quadaxelwin said:

I think you misunderstood me.

What I was saying is that because the Japanese fans are so supportive, it doesn't have any effect whether he cares about it or not. I was refering to how the talk about his recycling mostly happens in PH and not JP twitter

I did not misunderstand you. I just disagree with your conclusion because fan opinions are most likely inconsequential anyway (be it Japanese or foreign, supportive or not). As I've detailed my thoughts in previous posts, I'll stop on this topic because I feel that this discussion is turning circular. 

40 minutes ago, Veveco said:

I did not misunderstand you. I just disagree with your conclusion because fan opinions are most likely inconsequential anyway (be it Japanese or foreign, supportive or not). As I've detailed my thoughts in previous posts, I'll stop on this topic because I feel that this discussion is turning circular. 

Well how I see it, I was saying whether it has an affect on him or not (you can't speak for him as well, because you haven't been inside his brain whether it has any affect on him or not), and I don't know whether it does either because I am NOT yuzu (obviously, it's foolish for a fan to think I can understand how his brain works). 

It has no effect anyways, because the responses as to him recycling are generally positive on JP twitter (like most other responses from that part of the fandom).

And yes this is a circular discussion, as I am saying the same thing as you are in conclusion, just the way you understood it is different. There are no "Yuzu feels THIS way because I think so" answers, because we will never fully know what he thinks or how he receives fan opinions.  

Also he does take into fan opinion into account when choosing music because I heard a Japanese fan gave him some parts of the hope and legacy music as a present at an ice show. 

1 hour ago, quadaxelwin said:

Also he does take into fan opinion into account when choosing music because I heard a Japanese fan gave him some parts of the hope and legacy music as a present at an ice show. 

See, this kind of statement is why the discussion gets circular.

You "heard a Japanese fan gave him some parts of H&L music as a present at an ice show" and hence, you conclude that he "does take into fan opinion into account when choosing music".

Where on earth do you get this confidence in claiming both of these things as factual?

1. Do you know for sure that the fan truly give him that music?

2. Do you know if that fan gave him that music with an addendum "I hope you skate to this music" hence stating their opinion?

3. Do you know for sure Yuzu receive that gift let alone listen to the music?

4. Do you know for sure Yuzu truly use that as the basis of him choosing H&L?

If your answer to ANY of those is "yes", please give details.

Otherwise, this is just you projecting and, may I say due to how protracted the conclusion you draw based on something you heard, reaching.