General Yuzuru Chat

Unrelated to anything, but I thought you would have liked for me to share: I was talking to a Japanese person I've met through language exchange, and he showed me some temples and shrines pictures, explaining me the difference. So I told him that I knew a Japanese skater whom I'm following who visited and sent prayers to some shrines some weeks ago, and this is what he said:

"Oh my god. He must be Yuzuru Hanyu. We Japanese respect his serious attitude and gratitude to his supporters"

Then I went aniugnduigh *mentally*  and he added:

"He is super busy in his job but he is also a university student. I dont know how he manages it haha and its the smartest university in Japan.

such a super man"

I talked to him about how Yuzuru so caringly folds the Japanese flags every time he parades around the ice rink for a victory:

"Wonderful behavior. I think everyone comes from the inside spontaneously by nature

If it's just performance, we can realise it but you know, he does it from the bottom of his heart. He is sincere and grateful".

It's true, there isn't a single Japanese person who doesn't know Yuzuru - and there are few who don't appreciate his spirit <3 

3 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

"Wonderful behavior. I think everyone comes from the inside spontaneously by nature

If it's just performance, we can realise it but you know, he does it from the bottom of his heart. He is sincere and grateful".

I think his greatest advantage is his sincerity. Other skaters can move beautifully but he feels and understands the music he moves to from deep within and it makes all the difference in the world. There's no intellectual mediation between the music and his body and soul. 

(What an embarrassing thing to type.)

Murieleirum‘s story above reminds me of someone I chatted with online. She only watches sports casually and once she saw Yuzu on TV, was surprised by all the people cheering him, and asked her Japanese colleague, "is he really popular in Japan?" And the colleague answered, "popular? He's basically a national treasure." 

Yes, any country would be so lucky to have such an athlete and person like Yuzu as their own.

On 6/12/2017 at 5:11 PM, PomeloPooh said:

Murieleirum‘s story above reminds me of someone I chatted with online. She only watches sports casually and once she saw Yuzu on TV, was surprised by all the people cheering him, and asked her Japanese colleague, "is he really popular in Japan?" And the colleague answered, "popular? He's basically a national treasure." 

Yes, any country would be so lucky to have such an athlete and person like Yuzu as their own.

I recommend him for UNESCO World Heritage listing.

23 minutes ago, PomeloPooh said:

Yes, any country would be so lucky to have such an athlete and person like Yuzu as their own :hopelessness:

:sadPooh: