General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, IULIANA said:

Is this a new book inspired by Yuzuru s performances ? Google translate suggrests so.

It's this:

I want to get it. I actually have Ballade No. 1 in one of my Chopin books. I tried playing the slow parts.... like really slow. Lol. It's hard. Maybe I'll have better luck with this book although it says the level is Intermediate/Middle Advanced... and I'm probably more like Beginner/Intermediate. :13877886:

1 hour ago, IceWings said:

It's this:

I want to get it. I actually have Ballade No. 1 in one of my Chopin books. I tried playing the slow parts.... like really slow. Lol. It's hard. Maybe I'll have better luck with this book although it says the level is Intermediate/Middle Advanced... and I'm probably more like Beginner/Intermediate. :13877886:

I worked on Ballade (only the cut parts) for a year and I still couldn't do the hardest parts! Now I've switched studying piece and I forgot most of it, sad story 

6 часов назад, Fay сказал:

Because “mushrooms” actually mean hallucinogenic mushrooms the judges eat when they score certain skaters. It’s a series of banners criticising judging panels. Ever since then, they started checking banners, I guess. 

The writing in Russian says “Say no to mushrooms”. Or rather, “judge without any mushrooms” 

Mushrooms are a thing commonly mentioned when discussing judging and favourites. On the other hand, the kind of haircut Yuzu had would never ever be called a mushroom haircut. We have a different word for it. 

Спасибо, что разъяснили иностранной аудитории. Я знаю еще одно объяснение понятию грибы, помимо галлюциногенного варианта. Поскольку грибы имеют очень большую скорость роста, говорят, оценки растут/выросли, как грибы. Галлюциногенные поганки на картинках очень повеселили  :rofl3:)) Вроде бы акция была тогда из-за оценок Патрика? )) Извините за рус., все.

2 minutes ago, Marinn said:

Спасибо, что разъяснили иностранной аудитории. Я знаю еще одно объяснение понятию грибы, помимо галлюциногенного варианта. Поскольку грибы имеют очень большую скорость роста, говорят, оценки растут/выросли, как грибы. Галлюциногенные поганки на картинках очень повеселили  :rofl3:)) Вроде бы акция была тогда из-за оценок Патрика? )) Извините за рус., все.

Спасибо за добавление, сейчас добавлю ещё комментарий! 

Ok, there’s yet another aspect in that mushroom judging system - the meme that got so popular in Russian FS forums. Apart from hallucinogenic implications, what matters is that mushrooms grow very fast, and so do scores for some elect skaters. The banners in question seem to have been caused by Patrick Chan’s scores. :) 

so now can anyone explain that much to that tweeter? 

2 hours ago, IceWings said:

It's this:

Thank you so much. it is so frustrating not to get even a clue in Japanese!... Thank God we have you here!

4 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

I worked on Ballade (only the cut parts) for a year and I still couldn't do the hardest parts! Now I've switched studying piece and I forgot most of it, sad story 

I really love that being a fanyu leads us to challenge ourselves with things like this. Even if you've forgotten most of it, the fact remains that you tried. 

Yuzu is such a leader, without even trying. He just has to be himself and people want to emulate him and achieve great things.

4 hours ago, Fay said:

Спасибо за добавление, сейчас добавлю ещё комментарий! 

Ok, there’s yet another aspect in that mushroom judging system - the meme that got so popular in Russian FS forums. Apart from hallucinogenic implications, what matters is that mushrooms grow very fast, and so do scores for some elect skaters. The banners in question seem to have been caused by Patrick Chan’s scores. :) 

so now can anyone explain that much to that tweeter? 

I get the feeling that I could post an article in just about any language and someone would be able to translate it or explain the general meaning. 

It's a wonderful thing.

:yahoo:

2 minutes ago, Whee1000 said:

I get the feeling that I could post an article in just about any language and someone would be able to translate it or explain the general meaning. 

It's a wonderful thing.

:yahoo:

Well, Russian is hardly exotic. Try Georgian. Or... Mongolian first! :D