General Yuzuru Chat

In a way, it's almost a dare to the judges. We know how it was scored when he skated it cleanly before, so with layout changes and upgrades it has to be at least the same score as before if performed to the same level. How could they give it less if it is skated as well this time? It's like trying to guarantee a minimum score, lol.

5 minutes ago, liv said:

In a way, it's almost a dare to the judges. We know how it was scored when he skated it cleanly before, so with layout changes and upgrades it has to be at least the same score as before if performed to the same level. How could they give it less if it is skated as well this time? It's like trying to guarantee a minimum score, lol.

I love this about it. 

:hachimaki:

18 hours ago, fishheadanon said:

he is ultimately competing for himself and responsible for his results, so I don't really see the point of being disappointed at this stage... who knows how things will go even two months from now?

Because I am a fan. For my own joy. Not for his (he doesn't know I exist, and I'm happy to keep it that way). So my joy comes from getting new programs every year, seeing new things, hearing different music. I'm sure he and his team have their reasons for going with a Chopin 3.0   and I may end up liking it, but right now, I am very disappointed I'm not getting to see a new SP.... as I've been disappointed with Shoma sticking with his, and Boyang... oh wait, I really dig the Spidey. :biggrin: And, okay, hey, I'm a classical pianist, I dig Chopin, too, so I'll survive.

Wow, I took few days off and the pages really jumped! And I woke up to a possible Chopin short program. I have no problem with Chopin, just cause I think it has an awesome step sequence. However prior to 2002 olympics, recycled programs are kind of frowned upon and won't get you as much points. This is the 6.0 era though, so it might have changed now for the judges. After seeing how yuzu didn't get as many goe possible last season, I'm kinda worried because Chopin has been done in 2 seasons. R&j versions in the other hand, have completely different music to it. But, if Chopin became yuzu's long program, I think that would be better don't you think? I don't think he has formally announce his programs for next season right so I can only wish him the best. New programs would be nice but old programs are ok for me too. I just hope judges won't penalise him too much for that. But if it's new layout and new step sequence, would be ideal!! Just bring it on yuzu and set next season on fire!!! 

For Olympic gold!!!

hace 35 minutos , Murieleirum said:

I have to say, this is the first time I'm seeing the original Chopin. 

The beginning of that Step Sequence gave me chills, and I had to cover my mouth. 
The thing he does at 2:25-2:27 is my new favourite thing. 

I can only imagine what an incredible masterpiece this will be, performed to perfection from a 23 year old Yuzuru Hanyu, with skating skills and transitions as polished and as ambitious as ever. 

Sorry not sorry this is probably going to become my favourite Short. I already know it. 

Even if Chopin 2.0 was perfection my favorite is the imperfect Chopin 1.0, i love exactly the parts you are pointing out:8227023: so beautiful, do Yuzu!!!!!! I hope Chopin 3.0 choreography willbe based on it :smiley-love017:

15 minutes ago, KenHimura said:

Even if Chopin 2.0 was perfection my favorite is the imperfect Chopin 1.0, i love exactly the parts you are pointing out:8227023: so beautiful, do Yuzu!!!!!! I hope Chopin 3.0 choreography willbe based on it :smiley-love017:

We will know tomorrow, hopefully, because the whole performance will be broadcast c: and maybe we will be lucky and Yuzuru will manage not to pop that 4loop 1 out of 3 times :rofl:

53 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

We will know tomorrow, hopefully, because the whole performance will be broadcast c: and maybe we will be lucky and Yuzuru will manage not to pop that 4loop 1 out of 3 times :rofl:

Apparently the performance being broadcast tomorrow is the one from today's show. Good news is he did a wonderful 3A and 4T3T today. But he popped the 4Lo. :laughing: So that might be what to expect tomorrow.

15 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Apparently the performance being broadcast tomorrow is the one from today's show. Good news is he did a wonderful 3A and 4T3T today. But he popped the 4Lo. :laughing: So that might be what to expect tomorrow.

:sadPooh: Now to be forgiven, they need to show us his perfect 4Lz. I dream of it at night.

3 hours ago, liv said:

hey this is a neat way of thinking :68556365:  hopefully with the upgrades it will get him that 2nd OGM!

I am okay with him using Chopin, I love the music. Also, I think he'll have an easier time during the  Olympics year if he doesn't have to learn two new programs. Ballade #1 will be like an old familiar friend with new updates. He can concentrate on the long program. 

3 hours ago, Winnie_20 said:

So my joy comes from getting new programs every year, seeing new things, hearing different music. I'm sure he and his team have their reasons for going with a Chopin 3.0   and I may end up liking it, but right now, I am very disappointed I'm not getting to see a new SP....

That's what I'm still thinking as well, and I don't expect him to change my mind about that no matter how well he might skate Chopin again.

The thing is, I know nobody likes to talk about it, but Yuzu won't skate forever. This might be his last season - and even though I don't believe that, I believe it's his 2nd to last. And this last season, with LGC & H&L, 2 programs that were "out of the box", different and unique, he kind of showed that there is so much potential left. Great as he was before, great as he is now - he could do even more, he could basically do everything he wanted. He could do any genre, any style, any type of program.... instead he gives us a program we already had for 2 years (consecutively, and only from one year ago at that). And there won't be much time left to expand beyond that. It might well be that 3 out of 5 of his post OGM years will have been with the same SP... and that is disappointing to me.

(It doesn't help that while Chopin is a beautiful program, it is also... kind of overrated for me. It's not his best program to me at all, and I'd already been happier had he re-used Etude or White Legend instead, which were way longer ago and only skated for one season)

That doesn't mean I'd root less for him to do well, I'll watch his programs and keep my fingers crossed and get my usual anxiety attacks before every jump. But I don't see myself enjoying the programs as much or re-watching them as I'm doing now with some other programs. It does also add to me generally being team #deletetheOlympics :P

4 minutes ago, beki said:

:fingerscrossed: Clearly the only solution is continuing to Beijing :free-random-smileys-830: :biggrin: 

Nice!

But I'd settle for Worlds 2020, as I've completely convinced myself it's gonna get assigned to Rotterdam. :laughing:

And at the very, very least, I don't see Hanyu quit before Worlds 2019 in Japan. It's just not gonna happen. Just like I cannot see him and/or Shoma not going to Worlds 2018. I don't really think it's entirely up to them to decide, anyway...