General Yuzuru Chat

6 hours ago, Erin said:

I was rewatching Yuzu's vids and woah! Since when did his GPF 2015 FS got 5.1M views?? I rmbr watching this one only once because commentary is in Russian, but I don't rmbr how many views it had back then. 

ISU really needs to put out official vids in HD and without weird audio because there's like several different videos of this performance in questionable quality with millions of views, imagine if those were all on one video

1 hour ago, YuMei said:

one part of me is like I HAVE TO SEE YUZURU SKATE IN A COMPETITION IN PERSON AT LEAST ONCE IN MY LIFE OTHERWISE WHAT'S THE POINT OF BEING ALIVE DURING HIS ERA but the other part is like girl, you sometimes have to leave the room or switch channels because you get too nervous…do you really think you can handle being there, at the arena, where you can’t just nope out of your seat whenever you feel like it...

i don’t have to deal with this dilemma when he competes in asia or n.america because it’s just not reasonable for me to spend that much money atm…but europe..wherever in europe…that’s a different story:13877886:

For someone like myself who rarely watches competitions with him live (especially if it's overnight while I'm sleeping), I surprise myself for how willing I am to readily attend them in person. I do remember being at the Olympics and asking what I was doing there.  It was like when I get on a roller coaster that I wasn't so sure about, but at that point I'm already strapped in and I have no choice but to go for the ride, one way or the other.  I also remember there being a point where I was so nervous and wished I could just find the results online somewhere, but then at that point it's as live as it gets and I'm on the front lines.  I'd be the one giving the spoilers. But when he is actually skating I am just watching it all happen one element at a time so in some ways it's a little easier being there, but only while he's skating. Though I cannot relax when I watch him, only later after I know the results.  So, I mean, it's really a mixed bag for me emotionally, but the victories are Sweet. As. Hell.  Gives you a natural high for days.  It's been over a month and I'm still happy about it. It'll be something where I can look back on it and smile at anytime for the rest of my life. 

1 hour ago, axelnojutsu said:

ISU really needs to put out official vids in HD and without weird audio because there's like several different videos of this performance in questionable quality with millions of views, imagine if those were all on one video

Actually I'm glad there are multiple videos of specific skates, each with a different set of commentators.  I really like to compare the commentaries and I seek videos that have commentaries as opposed to those without.  One of my favorite projects when I first came to know Yuzu was to take a specific channel (Eurosport , CBC, etc) and follow Yuzu chronologically to see how the commentators' opinions changed over the years from initially when Yuzu was the new kid on the block to the point where he becomes a living legend.  It's really quite interesting to see the evolution of their attitude toward him.

7 minutes ago, Danibellerika said:

My friends at Worlds said they met Brian and they asked him to give Yuzu a message that they all missed seeing him.  Brian said he would tell him when he sees him on Monday.  So maybe he's back?

He did say Yuzu is on ice but not skating. Just getting the feel of things. But in Canada :animated-smileys-hands-fingers-01: I thought for sure he was in Sendai or somewhere in Japan :happy: