General Yuzuru Chat

13 minutes ago, cinemacoconut said:

But isnt his goal to he off painkillers??.

Hes been off ice for 2 weeks but I wonder if hes well enough to be off meds and skating. 

:2:

He probably is off painkillers.

And the quote from Brian is that Yuzu is back on ice to just "maintain" the feel for the ice, not jumping or full out practice. He can do simple stuff, like gliding, maybe some turns on his left feet to ensure his sense of balance is kept on well. Check his form/posture/lines etc. The key is not to tax his right ankle.

Edit: just edited to add, it really doesn't matter which ice rink he's skating in. It's better for his privacy if they don't reveal it even if they know.

1 hour ago, Xen said:

Well he might not join the first 2 GPs IMO under the new system, since he might want to see how the new rules pan out. Right now, stamina build up first=more efficiency for his jumps, since I don't think he'd agree to sacrificing transitions or steps or choreography for jumps. Of the guys, he might be the only one to go 3//4 with 7 jumps, I think the other guys will likely go 4//3.

And actually Yuzu was smart- he didn't do anything at the practices that would give people an idea of how injured he was. He went for his cleanest jumps and nicest jumps in practice, so nothing he did appeared different than a fully healed Yuzu practice. Icing etc are all normal routine work for skaters and competitive athletes. Sure, people could hypothesize that he was still not fully healed due to that, but maybe about 70-80% back (which was our guess), when in reality he was what less than half back?  It was a superb demonstration of mental chess. Staged to perfection.

I know, but that landed 4Lo that looked gorgeous - he attempted two, popped one and looked unconcerned, landed one - was what fooled me. Everything else, I knew he could do even if he wasn't healed but the 4Lo? :13877886: I'm glad he fooled me though, I would not have survived that if I'd known how bad it really was. I barely survived as it is.

1 minute ago, SparkleSalad said:

I was talking about the "already got my medal," post-ankle injury confession, pre-ankle checkup, "I don't have to fool anyone anymore" gala practice. I just got my ridiculous and unnecessary combos mixed up. >_> 

Yeah, but he did do a (forgot jump)1Lo3S1Lo3S combo in the practice rink right in front of Nathan too...

3 minutes ago, tafattsbarn said:

This is getting ridiculous :winky: I'm waiting for those fluffy pooh soakers tsk tsk

Edit: @Xen oh, great minds think alike

My wallet is already opening a bit...

*points to a small hole in skate soakers courtesy of wrong end accidentally placed on toepicks* Now see here Edea and Disney-this soaker needs potential replacement, and my blades are whispering to me that they would not mind being covered by a fluffy golden yellow bear. Got it?