General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, pewirinkle said:

Sorry, I'm new to the ice skating scene wahh, but what practices are you talking about? Are they for Olympics?

Yep, Olys practice for men (?) is on the Feb 1st, it's around that time most of the athletes competing in the first days of the Olys will already be in Korea... (remember that TE starts on 9th or something like that) so  we will actually probably get airport pictures of Yuzu before then, provided he doesn't turn ninja-mode there as well :biggrin: actually probably next to each other...wonderful, Ao...

Just now, pewirinkle said:

Sorry, I'm new to the ice skating scene wahh, but what practices are you talking about? Are they for Olympics?

Hello, hello! Welcome to Planet Hanyu and to skating!

Every competition has practices a few days before the actual event. They're scheduled by disciplines, so that the skaters can feel the ice they'll be competing on and practice their short and long before the big event on it. So Olympics has the Team Event first, and the individual later. The official practices for the TE begin February 1st (this is the, unfortunately, somewhat complicated schedule for the Games - click) and the TE Men's short program is on Feb 9th. 

Now right now we don't know the assignments for the Team Event; Yuzuru may skate either the short or the long, or both (or neither but I find that very unlikely), so he will show up before the actual 9th to attend some of those practices. It won't be Feb 1st, too early, but I think the 5th sounds plausible!

2 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Now right now we don't know the assignments for the Team Event; Yuzuru may skate either the short or the long, or both (or neither but I find that very unlikely), so he will show up before the actual 9th to attend some of those practices. It won't be Feb 1st, too early, but I think the 5th sounds plausible!

hmm, will the practices be open to the public?? i've been recycling his old videos (not that i mind) but i do want new material too!!

2 minutes ago, pewirinkle said:

hmm, will the practices be open to the public?? i've been recycling his old videos (not that i mind) but i do want new material too!!

Yes :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

The tickets sold out in seconds (probably literally, come to think of it) because Hanyu fans are a beautiful and frightening monster (we're Borg. Only pretty. I wonder if that actually makes us 7 of 9) so there'll hopefully be videos and photos. We should get something from the airport too because by then the Japanese media will be champing at the bit to get some info, any info at all.

11 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Yes :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

The tickets sold out in seconds (probably literally, come to think of it) because Hanyu fans are a beautiful and frightening monster (we're Borg. Only pretty. I wonder if that actually makes us 7 of 9) so there'll hopefully be videos and photos. We should get something from the airport too because by then the Japanese media will be champing at the bit to get some info, any info at all.

Only one practice is open to he public and it is on the 15th. A few of us have snagged tix thankfully.  Honestly this whole olympics has been a frustrating Hunger Games from event tickets to train tickets to get around to good lodging...  It's taken out a lot of the excitement because it's been so effin stressful.  >_>.  

Yup... at least it's been a bit easier because every weekend there has been skating of SOME kind.. including this upcoming week where I'll be hoping Mai can do well and salvage something from her season... and for me, I also enjoy the Australian Open tennis, so while dry, this cactus isn't shriveling just yet....  and since my weather and time is the same as in Toronto, I think, hmmm, it's foggy in Toronto today, or it's sunny etc.. wonder how training is going...

3 minutes ago, Danibellerika said:

Only one practice is open to he public and it is on the 15th. A few of us have snagged tix thankfully.  Honestly this whole olympics has been a frustrating Hunger Games from event tickets to train tickets to get around to good lodging...  It's taken out a lot of the excitement because it's been so effin stressful.  >_>.  

One counts! (and we'll get stuff from the closed ones too, we managed to get videos of the cave at the last 4CC) And I know, that whole train thing was especially ... I mean I was just watching from the sides and good grief, that was a nightmare. I hope you all have a fab time, he achieves his dreams then you can all get properly drunk and party the night away! In other words, I hope it ends up so, so worth it! :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

9 minutes ago, Danibellerika said:

And you are going to have an absolutely fabulous time!!!! We will all eagerly await your reports if y ou have time to share them. When are you heading to Korea?

I wonder if Brian is going to 4CC with Elizabet this week (is she still going?)... that man needs a bit of a rest after all the continent hopping he's been doing... and i wish he'd stay home with the guys in the lead up to the Games...

28 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

One counts! (and we'll get stuff from the closed ones too, we managed to get videos of the cave at the last 4CC) And I know, that whole train thing was especially ... I mean I was just watching from the sides and good grief, that was a nightmare. I hope you all have a fab time, he achieves his dreams then you can all get properly drunk and party the night away! In other words, I hope it ends up so, so worth it! :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

24 minutes ago, liv said:

And you are going to have an absolutely fabulous time!!!! We will all eagerly await your reports if y ou have time to share them. When are you heading to Korea?

I wonder if Brian is going to 4CC with Elizabet this week (is she still going?)... that man needs a bit of a rest after all the continent hopping he's been doing... and i wish he'd stay home with the guys in the lead up to the Games...

Thanks guys! I think I just got a new surge of stress because now they are saying that when you print the etickets only the most recent one is valid (but I didn't read that anywhere before and certainly not when I was ACTUALLY printing the tickets) so now I don't know what the print order was for the tickets I have.  And the QR codes look the same so it's hard to really tell. It's possibly they could be BSing, but that's just one more thing to have on my mind. And now I am wondering if I copied the first one three times for some weird reason and maybe threw away the other more recent 2.  I'm going to print my practice one tomorrow at work and label them carefully to compare.  Just hoping it won't be a big deal I guess.