General Yuzuru Chat

5 時間前, ralucutzagyさんが言いました:

Love the hat! <3

I don't know if I wanna watch this tho .... my heart feels heavy ... 

Huh. So he really does hold the blue version. I'm guessing he still runs out of pages long before its 5-year validity is up, though. >_<

35 分, sallycinnamonさんが言いました:

Hn? I actually understood the last bit differently? To me, he's saying that him having won at the previous Olympics is something he knows better than anyone else and he's learned to be able to acknowledge and accept both the expectation and pressure that come with that fact. I mean, I could be wrong but that makes more sense to me.

12 minutes ago, Floria said:

This is why I said that they should add recovery news in the end. Everything said in the documentary was cancelled by the injury :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

I think we shall wait for the whole thing.

Really? I don't think the injury has really dampened his ambitions-it hasn't before. He always goes for something beyond what we'd expect for a guy who's just recovered (if 2014 GP series taught us anything).

hace 27 minutos , Xen said:

Really? I don't think the injury has really dampened his ambitions-it hasn't before. He always goes for something beyond what we'd expect for a guy who's just recovered (if 2014 GP series taught us anything).

I didn't mean his determination to win decisively wasn't there  anymore, probably it's even stronger than before. But he expected the things to go a completely different way, including 4Lz.

19 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Huh. So he really does hold the blue version. I'm guessing he still runs out of pages long before its 5-year validity is up, though. >_<

Hn? I actually understood the last bit differently? To me, he's saying that him having won at the previous Olympics is something he knows better than anyone else and he's learned to be able to acknowledge and accept both the expectation and pressure that come with that fact. I mean, I could be wrong but that makes more sense to me.

That's how I understood it, too. The other translation doesn't make much sense.

You know, I've been seeing quite a number of people saying how they don't think he'll be able to manage a second gold (though I didn't come across anyone outright declaring he's no longer a contender for it) based on the current circumstances surrounding him, which, tbf, is a logically sound assumption. Despite that though, the first thing I'd have thought I'd feel seeing these opinions would be a sense of defensiveness but turns out, instead of feeling indignant, I actually feel more comforted. Before this injury, whenever I see people saying the same thing based on, well, nothing (unless superstition counts for something), I'd feel annoyed. Now though, I actually welcome it as much as I welcome the sentiments that believe he can perform some kind of miracle. Like for some reason, the more of an underdoge (heh) he is, the better I feel about what the outcome may be. Strange, huh?

I imagine his mindset going into PC may turn out to possibly be one of these two: 

1) Icandothisicandothisicandothisicandothisicandothisicandothisicandothisicandothisicandothisicandothis

icandothis

I! CAN! DO! DISSSS!!!1!

Or,

2) F*CK THIs SHIT! DoN'T Y'ALL F*CK wIT ME!!1!11 IMMA SHOW Y'ALL!!1

It could also be

3)F*ck everything imma just enjoy this. 

Though the last one is what I personally hope for, I doubt it would ever be something he can convince himself to do in his lifetime, lol. 

hace 2 minutos , ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

You know, I've been seeing quite a number of people saying how they don't think he'll be able to manage a second gold (though I didn't come across anyone outright declaring he's no longer a contender for it) based on the current circumstances surrounding him, which, tbf, is a logically sound assumption. But, instead of feeling indignant, I actually feel more comforted. Before this injury, whenever I see people saying the same thing based on, well, nothing (unless superstition counts for something), I'd feel annoyed. Now though, I actually welcome it as much as I welcome the sentiments that believe he can perform some kind of miracle. Like for some reason, the more of an underdoge (heh) he is, the better I feel about the outcome. Strange, huh?

I imagine his mindset going into PC may turn out to possibly be one of these two: 

1) Icandothisicandothisicandothisicandothisicandothisicandothisicandothisicandothisicandothisicandothis

icandothis

I! CAN! DO! DISSSS!!!1!

Or,

2) F*CK THIs SHIT! DoN'T Y'ALL FUCK wIT ME!!1!11 IMMA SHOW Y'ALL!!1

It could also be

3)F*ck everything imma just enjoy this. 

Though the last one is what personally hope for, I doubt it would ever be something he can convince himself to do in his lifetime, lol. 

All three can bring him gold, but as I know quite well that the third one is impossible I choose the second one. I miss murderface :laughing:

37 minutes ago, Floria said:

I didn't mean his determination to win decisively wasn't there  anymore, probably it's even stronger than before. But he expected the things to go a completely different way, including 4Lz.

He expected the entire four years to go differently- he has been playing catch up with his own plan since CoC 2014, and then the surgery and after that the foot injury in 2016 kept messing up his schedule, but as far as I can see he hasn't let any of them derail him, he just recovers and ploughs on.  He's had 2 months to rethink his strategy - 2 kuyashii months I should think.  IDK whether he'll do it or not, but I'm sure he'll be giving it his best shot and no one can expect more than that.

54 minutes ago, Xen said:

Yeah but his point of view and his determination now probably has a different angle so this would feel very nostalgic for the good old days when all he had to worry about was regular stuff like his form and skating clean and getting the 4Lz to behave well. I can't watch it because while his aim is, I expect, still the same, the obstacles he needs to overcome have changed drastically, and I expect his battle plan has, too.