General Yuzuru Chat

21 hours ago, kaeryth said:

Timeline time!

ACI: Iconic 1S+3T-fall (no 'go crazy' choreo)

SC: 3S + no combo (with 'go crazy' choreo but did it halfheartedly)

NHK: 4S+3T (no 'go crazy' choreo - prolly just glad to do the combo /LOL/)

GPF: 4S+3T (sort of 'go crazy' choreo with one hand)

4CC: 2S+3T /sob/ (did that thinking gesture that became a meme)

WC: 4S+2T-Rippon (no 'go crazy' choreo)

WTT: yo... not watching this one because I remember his face almost meeting the ice after the 4S

:bow:

SC looked like the preview for a meme 4CC gesture tbh... WC had no time for Choreo, it was barely enough for Emergency!Rippon...

17 hours ago, sweetwater said:

Thanks for making me cry.

Just kidding I love you.

4 hours ago, MrPudding said:

OMG HOW DID I MISS THIS MOMENT :tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid:

SO BASICALLY, to know his confidence level, we need smirking Yuzu ala-NHK15, and ACI17SP

Don't know where to put OLY14SP and GPF15, WC17FS...

I can help with GPF15-it was when he jumped the freaking 3A to silence Javi call,and if he wasn't glaring/smirking by then, I don't know what he was doing. Oly'14 SP had a smirk just as he was getting into his starting position, if that's also counts, a bit like 'lemme show you how stealing the show is done properly' type of smirk...

So yeah, smirking and Glaring Yuzu are the two good signs to look out for... unless it's the how-could-you-mom glare pointed at his gloves :laughing:

3 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

Omg there are 868 messages on the map now :knc_yuzu1:

From Swan Invasion on to Pooh Invasion! The (Olympic) Torch got passed on!

3 hours ago, Forcefield said:

I saw his look after WC17 fs as fierce and him just trying to breathe, instead of a smirk. WC12 and GPF15 as well. Fierce and glaring Yuzu is as much an aesthetic as smiling Yuzu.

His smirk when he heard Boyang's score at NHK15 though. :devilYuzu:

I saw it as a look of determination (and the breathing thing). 

Honestly I was sitting too far away to see his face and also busy losing my shit. I was jumping up and down and clapping so much (and hugging the girl next to me). 

I really only noticed his face after when i watched I watched the broadcast, but what I did notice was his very deliberate body language as he wrapped up his final spin. The way he sort of ended it early and deliberately, reached up with his hand to firmly grasp victory, and spread his arms like “wham”. Chills. He knew what he had done and that he laid it down. 

19 minutes ago, kaerb said:

completely off topic but I'm cracking up so hard at Edea's inaccurate translation of Yuzu's name in his profile that I have to share (we all love 'taut rope' hanyu in this house)

http://ice.edeaskates.com/en/our-skaters/yuzuru-hanyu/

I.... kinda don't see anything wrong? But then again, I don't know a lot about the Japanese language... :biggrin:

I mean we know it's "bowstring which is pulled tight". Tight is similar to taut and rope.... I guess is the 'string' in bowstring.

I wonder which translator they used because sometimes google translates him as 'binding chord'

(Funny sidenote: google translates Keiji as tanaka criminal & Tatsuki as Machida tree)

On 3/12/2017 at 5:53 PM, yuzuangel said:

Yeah, I think this is definitely the case :P but I think E/I is something that is very obvious (to you) that may be deceiving to others...(maybe more so than any of the other 3 categories), because extroverted = you gain energy from people, and introverted = you gain energy from being alone, and to people who are highly one or the other, they know where they gain energy the most (you can just feel it when you're alone after a party or whatever and slowly you start to feel re-energized), but it has almost nothing to do with HOW you act around people when you do, if that makes sense? Some introverts can get really wild and some extroverts are pretty soft-spoken. But I guess there are correlations..

11 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

I.... kinda don't see anything wrong? But then again, I don't know a lot about the Japanese language... :biggrin:

I mean we know it's "bowstring which is pulled tight". Tight is similar to taut and rope.... I guess is the 'string' in bowstring.

I wonder which translator they used because sometimes google translates him as 'binding chord'

(Funny sidenote: google translates Keiji as tanaka criminal & Tatsuki as Machida tree)

I think to me, it's because it's a clunky translation of a very elegant name (taut is fine, it's the rope I'm laughing about). I can see where they got it from for sure, they're not technically wrong....well....mostly, but the word 'rope' carries really different connotations to string, let alone bowstring. Even chord may have been better. 弦 ('gen') is well, literally a bowstring and secondarily the strings of string instruments (jisho.org gives the example of a shamisen).

I think this when I think of rope lol

beige-cream-crown-bolt-rope-65134-64_1000.jpg

53 minutes ago, kaerb said:

I think to me, it's because it's a clunky translation of a very elegant name (taut is fine, it's the rope I'm laughing about). I can see where they got it from for sure, they're not technically wrong....well....mostly, but the word 'rope' carries really different connotations to string, let alone bowstring. Even chord may have been better. 弦 ('gen') is well, literally a bowstring and secondarily the strings of string instruments (jisho.org gives the example of a shamisen).

I think this when I think of rope lol

beige-cream-crown-bolt-rope-65134-64_1000.jpg

You can photoshop his face there and send it to Edeaskates :smiley-laughing021:

4 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

Omg there are 868 messages on the map now :knc_yuzu1:

Oh wow, that's amazing! And in such a short period of time too!

Which makes me think, is there a way for him to download all messages in case he wants to be able to read them all without having to click on each icon individually? (Although I realise this means everyone else who can access the map will be able to do so too...)

This is just a small suggestion though... The map is incredible enough as it is! 

1 hour ago, MrPudding said:

According to a Tumblr page, 

https://thefandometrics.tumblr.com/post/168016938524/tumblr2017-athletes

Yuzuru Hanyu got the 3rd spot!

Yay!

And the only other skaters in the list are Shoma (17th) and Tessa and Scott (18th).

Both seem to be appearing on the list for the first time.